[CUSTOM] Sideswipe and Sunstreaker : the 'real' twins

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
frenzy_rumble
Protoform

Sideswipe and Sunstreaker : the 'real' twins

Post by frenzy_rumble »

Looking at CGI and movie images, the front hood part on Sideswipe/Swerve's foot was making me less than pleased. To give him more "accurate" feet, I simply broke off that hood part and sealed it back to the rest of the hood (see second pic) I shaved around where it used to be (on the foot) making the brake rotor visible all the way around. in the example below, I filled and sanded the small gap where I attached it back on the hood.

He still stands great (using the heels as support)

And here they are repainted.
Loads more pics can be seen here : Sideswipe and Sunstreaker - a set on Flickr

Or on my facebook fan page : Login | Facebook

SIDESWIPE

SUNSTREAKER

Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Now wouldn't that have been perfect for the movie? Everyone in their proper colours too.

To my mind Sunstreaker & Bumblebee would've looked sufficiently different not to get them confused. I wonder how that would've been to the average punter though?

Also, Bumblebee seems to have acquired Sunstreaker's sociopathic tendencies in the films.

All that aside, these two figures look marvellous :cool: Love the paintwork and the extra fine detail that brings out all the fine metallic lines and grooves.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Wheelceptor

Woez

Post by Wheelceptor »

Now, F_R, I can honestly say I love your work, and this is no exception. Although, I personally think that the Swerve alternate head would have worked better as Sunstreaker, and vice versa. But thats just my opinion. Also, where do the hood pieces go in Robot mode? Do they just detach? Seems lazy.....:p
~Wheelceptor.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Gotta say those are nice! What they should of looked like in the first place.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
TMM

Post by TMM »

Is it just me, or does that car actually look a million times nicer in red than in silver? excluding the fact it's sideswipe, it just looks really sleek!!

not sure why they didn't go for red, they have yellow, green and blue bots so far, but no red, except for parts of optimus
First we crack the shell... Then we crack the nuts inside!
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Yeah but did you see the shade of red they went with for the repaint of Swerve? It's not half as nice as Frenzy/Rumble's effort. Sometimes it's downright painful the way these companies shoot themselves in the foot with wrong shades.