My Bumblebees. LOOK AT THEM.

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Clay

My Bumblebees. LOOK AT THEM.

Post by Clay »

Have all versions thus far. Including!

Movie 1:
Japan release (black/yellow robot, has tabs)
Hasbro release (black/yellow robot, does not have tabs)
Premium (gray/yellow robot, new head)
Stealth (black repaint)
Cliffjumper (red repaint)
Screen Battles (gray/yellow robot, original head)
Boxset, battle damage (target exclusive)
Allspark Bumblebee (target exclusive, has blue paint)

Movie 2:
Preview Bumblebee (gray/yellow robot, new head and arm)
Cannon Bumblebee (new upper body) w/frosted windows
Cannon Bumblebee (new upper body) w/clear windows
Alliance Bumlbebee (black/yellow robot, same as preview)
NEST Battle (new upper body, Premium head)

So, there have been 13 versions altogether so far. I now patiently wait for the Battle Blade version so I can have 14.

Keep in mind that I've gotten these as they've come out, either at retail or on clearance. Wouldn't want to consider some of the more oddball ones from the first movie now.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

You don't have Cleefjumpooor like I do, do you, bitch? Otherwise that's quality OCD.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Darn tootin, quality OCD. They're cheap and small enough to store in one box. Thankfully I've limited myself to the one mold.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm very tempted to round up a few squads of Swindles - not the best of the game figures, but the one that looks the most like a drone unit. I definitely like the first game far more than I should...

Here's Cleefjumpooor stabbing Grindor in the balls.
Attachments
argh_my_robo-groin.jpg
Clay

Post by Clay »

From where does Cleefjumpoor come?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm... not entirely sure.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0409252677
The-Arker seems to be a fansite, so I'm guessing this is an ambitious, semi-legal upgrade kit... though it comes with the rest of the figure, in close to Hasbro quality (the Automorph seems a bit sticky, though it might just be ultra-stiff - my ex-Dramon Premium seems to suffer from this a bit). It seems a bit too fannish to be a knock-off, but obviously isn't actually legal.

The only things changed from the actual Deluxe Cliffjumper is the removal of the Camaro stripes and the addition of a G1-esque Cliffjumper head, plus a few minor paint apps differences. The doors going down the back and the 'unbroken' chest is just me trying to make it look a bit different. Wanted him to stand out from Bumblebee as much as possible, and the real Movie Cliffjumper fetches rather too much for me to spend on a non-screen recolour - I think with importing Cleefjumpoooor worked out cheaper than any of the proper ones that were on ebay.
Clay

Post by Clay »

*squints*

I think that's a recast of the Fansprojects' Cliffjumper head. Maybe... could be a completely new one, too.

I'd account for it as a less-than-random bootleg instead of a normal bootleg.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Could be - I kinda got the guy as both a Movie and Classics Cliffjumper. The Classics Cliffjumper is undoubtedly a better mould, but is just far too expensive for a red and silver Bumblebee - the Classics Bumblebee is so good it's just imprinted as the guy, and Cliffjumper is as unconvincing as Overkill for that reason.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

It's a swarm...:eek:

I personally can't be bothered to own any other than the first Concept Camaro 'Bee. I'm surprised the mold has lasted this long, what with that many uses of it.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Sades

Post by Sades »

I had once attempted to collect all of the different Cheetor and Optimus Primal versions, but I lost interest eventually. And had absolutely zero interest in buying the giant BM Cheetor. So I fail at OCD. Er - Good to see it's still carrying on strong somewhere?
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I remember, in around 2000, resolving to eventually buy every Transformer EVAR. Discovery of the existence and cost of Japanese figures parred that back to just the Western stuff. The epiphany that Pretenders were dreadful whether you had one or the set pared that down to just making sure I got everything in Robots in Disguise. Then just all the vehicle ones. Then just the the first version of each. Then only the ones that weren't Landfill.

So, here I am - with every single Robots in Disguise figure that's called Scourge and isn't a Spychanger.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

That sounds massively familiar.

I'm currently doing really well in my occasional OCD quest to get every inorganic iteration of the Dinobot subgroup that isn't from Energon or massively expensive.

It currently stands at the WSTFs, the three Animated ones and Robot Heroes Grimlock. I ROCK.

Oh, I lie... I think I've got AM Snarl in A Box Of Junk somewhere...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm still having to justify every single Movie/ROTF purchase to myself. Stockade's okay, because something a bit like his vehicle mode is in the first one. Ransack's okay, because he was in the novelisation I'm never going to read because it's almost certainly just terrible chaff for the Wakinerds. Payload's okay, because he's in the game, and I ****ing love the game, and if I sat down with a pad and paper I could probably somehow shoehorn it into the narrative of the film. Bludgeon's okay, because there are tanks in ROTF.

The only thing that can't make a figure count is the IDW comics, because they're utter, utter shite.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

That's a lot of bees.....

Me, I've got the Beater Camaro and the Concept Camaro from the first movie(I'd given up on finding the Beater when I got the Concept, then not too long after that I found the Beater. Go fig....), and of the two, I prefer the Beater. I've also got the Human Alliance version. I mean, I like Bumblebee, but.... wow.......
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Clay is Hasbro's perfect customer haha, excellent collective work there.

I don't own a Bumblebee at all, which would you suggest? I'd like a modern Camaro one, preferably with the battle face plates down, do they even have that option? Or is there a version where you can transform his face!?!

Sure I could use the internet and research my own answer, but it seems rude not to at least acknowledge Clay's swarm of Bumblebees and tap his semingly vast knowledge on the matter.

I do own a classics Bumblebee and a G1 re-issue though, does that count?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

See, I've given up on Transformers collecting all together and instead have gone for the much more sensible and high quality route of trying to get all the bond novels by people other than Ian Fleming. Nothing can possibly go wrong.

[The novelization of Spy Who Loved Me is weirdness itself as author Wood has decided to do it in the Fleming style, meaning it becomes a gritty violent thriller played completely straight. With a strange obsession with nipples].
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Wildrider wrote:Sure I could use the internet and research my own answer, but it seems rude not to at least acknowledge Clay's swarm of Bumblebees and tap his semingly vast knowledge on the matter.
They're all kinda the same, yeah? Just pick one that you like the colors of :)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I dunno, I found something they'd done with the retooling for the gun arm buggered up the back half on the ROTF one, which seems to be reluctant to stay in the right shape for the car mode. Together with the battle mask head (sadly, none of the Deluxes have a transforming head - which is a shame, as I think it'd be a viable moving part on the slightly larger ROTF cast, and certainly more awesome than the cannons) I'd say for for the first film's premium version if you can find it, and then if you see a cheap ROTF one nick its' head.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

inflatable dalek wrote:See, I've given up on Transformers collecting all together and instead have gone for the much more sensible and high quality route of trying to get all the bond novels by people other than Ian Fleming. Nothing can possibly go wrong.

[The novelization of Spy Who Loved Me is weirdness itself as author Wood has decided to do it in the Fleming style, meaning it becomes a gritty violent thriller played completely straight. With a strange obsession with nipples].
Is it any stranger than the actual book The Spy Who Loved Me? I remember, after I read that one, I'd wondered if somebody'd hit Ian in the head right before he wrote it.......
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cliffjumper wrote:I dunno, I found something they'd done with the retooling for the gun arm buggered up the back half on the ROTF one, which seems to be reluctant to stay in the right shape for the car mode. Together with the battle mask head (sadly, none of the Deluxes have a transforming head - which is a shame, as I think it'd be a viable moving part on the slightly larger ROTF cast, and certainly more awesome than the cannons) I'd say for for the first film's premium version if you can find it, and then if you see a cheap ROTF one nick its' head.
The upcoming battle blade version seems to have a working battle mask.

look carefully! It's also an entirely new mold.