Toy Fair 2010 news and images

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Denyer

Toy Fair 2010 news and images

Post by Denyer »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/collectico ... yfair2010/ (via TFW2005)

http://tformers.com/search.php?query=Toy+Fair+2010

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Toy_Fair_2010

Looks like the US release of Masterpiece Grimlock will be a TRU exclusive. I heartily recommend tracking one down, though, and would even recommend it at import prices. It's fun and toy-ish rather than a serious collectible.

You're also getting a (convention-exclusive) Blaster reissue, a Drift toy, War For Cybertron figures, and oh-dear-god just spotted a Star War Transformers Yoda mould...

The Powercore updated Combaticons are quite funky, at least when airbrushed, but this trend towards combiners apparently not being individual robots seems rather cheap. Also in the Powercore line, Targetmasters are making a comeback.

Tons of other stuff as well. Even Weebles are making a comeback.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Some nice things there....

Drift seems to be actually a good toy, or at least on par with the Classics 2 deluxes. War For Cybertron, the Targetmasters, Hubcap and the Bruticus look nice, and is that a Scout class ROTF Insecticon? Interesting.

Hailstorm the Mindset wannabe looks nice as well. Ooh, and I'm liking Seaspray. Ooh, Straxus Darkmount! And Thrust!

Some bad things too...

Elita-One as a repaint of Chromia = FAIL.

Deluxe Class Ironhide looks ugly as well. The Ratchet repaint is garish.

Also, they're repainting the awful Knock Out mold again. Once or twice is enough, but they're doing it how many times in such a short span?
Bluecatcinema
Protoform

Post by Bluecatcinema »

Those Powercore Combiners are looking better then ever. And did anyone else notice the "Blackrock" insignia on Leadfoot's fin?
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Drift definitely looks cool. Combiner Smolder doesn't look that good now. Forest battle OP? Isn't leader class already a shelf warmer now? OP needs a gun, like Buster one.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Denyer wrote:The Powercore updated Combaticons are quite funky, at least when airbrushed, but this trend towards combiners apparently not being individual robots seems rather cheap. Also in the Powercore line, Targetmasters are making a comeback.
Despite the name, the Combaticons aren't supposed to be the Combaticons. I saw pics of the box at, er...somewhere I can't quite remember now. The profile all but spelled out that the central core is supposed to be G1 Bombshock, who killed the rest of the Battle Patrol and somehow got promoted for it. Pretty neat in my books. :)

Neither of the five-man teams really appeal to me. Neither of them look that great in combined mode, the core robots are kind of bland and the non-transforming limbs don't appeal at all.

Some of the 'Targetmaster' scouts are quite nice, but I really, really wish Hasbro would stop ruining perfectly good weapons by molding them out of ugly translucent plastic.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Wow, very cool news. Drift is a big surprise I didn't see coming, it shall be mine. Thrust and Straxus as well. Mostly I'm excited about MP Grimlock though, I was literally holding the Takara version in my hands just yesterday at an anime store in Huntington Beach and debating on whether or not to buy it. So glad I didn't, as I'd much rather have the crown than the waiter outfit!

Blaster is a cool choice for reissue, he will look good with my KISS Players cassette bots, if nothing else. I'm not finding anything too likable about the power core combiners, especially not the gestalts. Do look forward to a leader class Starscream though. :)
Clay

Post by Clay »

Denyer wrote:Looks like the US release of Masterpiece Grimlock will be a TRU exclusive. I heartily recommend tracking one down, though, and would even recommend it at import prices. It's fun and toy-ish rather than a serious collectible.
You decided to go ahead and get one, eh? Glad to hear you're pleased with it. :)
Tons of other stuff as well. Even Weebles are making a comeback.
:headbang:

I have still have some Sesame Street Weebles in a box, along with a Tigger and Pooh.
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

OK, I keep hearing about straxus(I hope thats how you spell his name) and this new toy of him, can soneone provide a link for me so I can check this guy out, and also tell my why so many people are going crazy of him becoming a toy.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The Powercore stuff in general does look like anus, it has to be said... It's like Armada meets ROTF Scouts, a big fail pile-up. They need more diecast, and big chrome swords.

Is Hubcap out yet?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Cliffjumper wrote:Legends Ravage? Wang Chung! Anyone want a Deluxe Ravage?
Happy to buy it off you if you get bored...
Clay wrote:You decided to go ahead and get one, eh? Glad to hear you're pleased with it. :)
Christmas present. Having it sat in front of me, though, I think it justifies most of the RRP -- and it's not often I say that about TFs these days.

Though after some rescue customisation, I'd say the same about the KO Ravage USB for ~ a tenner. Just need the Autobot faction symbols to turn up in the mail, and possibly to think about weapons to attach to the new shoulder pins, and it'll make a nice Nightstalker. Haven't decided yet whether to fit the USB+flash bit into a Lego brick yet.
BlacknRedTed wrote:can soneone provide a link for me so I can check this guy out
It's in the Flickr set linked. Didn't highlight it as I don't think people were supposed to have cameras in the Hasbro presentation...

Alt-mode's a bit uneven, but not a bad concept.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

everything looks like a win to me, possible exception on the combiners. although if the non transformy limbs still have cool spring-loaded automorps, AND the price is sensible, I might be tempted.

its just that each of them has at least one particularly deformed looking vehicles (the wing-less jet and the swindle-a-like jeep), which do put me off a bit. but i do like the fact that they aren't so much combiners (wrong word for hasbro to use, methinks, got our opes up too much), as they are bolt-on armor, which is nifty. I read somewhere that there was talk of two more 5-packs, one of which sounded stunticon-inspired.

anyhoo, my point in posting was this: does anyone else want to get that harley bike scout just to repaint it as a ghost rider TF? anyone? anyone?

also, i love how the scouts seem to be lacking in paint apps, but (new) legends long haul gets a dirt-effect paint job on his tyres.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I see over at the Walkipedia that there was a Marvel Crossover Ghost Rider announced at the show as well (ZOMG!!11eleven), are there pics of it somewhere too and I'm just not seeing them, or was just "announced"?
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Thrust, Drift, Grimlock....Bought! when are we gonna see these released? cybertron mode Drift would also be nice but i'm just glad we're getting a Drift figure in the first place. An updated Blurr figure would also be several kinds of awesome.

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Denyer wrote:Happy to buy it off you if you get bored...
Tagged, on the assumption the Legends comes out in sensible number. Though I've just spent about the same as I did on the Deluxe Arcee on securing the Legends version, so if it's released chances are I'll buy the thing however badly it's scalped.

I thought this was meant to be a lull year before we get the Leader Class Jolt figure and everything in 2011? My wallet hurts just looking at these pictures...

Is Hubcap out yet? Yeh, fear my schtick, bitches.
Clay

Post by Clay »

borg72 wrote:I read somewhere that there was talk of two more 5-packs, one of which sonded stunticon-inspired.
here ya go
Ackula wrote:I see over at the Walkipedia that there was a Marvel Crossover Ghost Rider announced at the show as well (ZOMG!!11eleven), are there pics of it somewhere too and I'm just not seeing them, or was just "announced"?
No pictures; just something that they said apparently.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg72
I read somewhere that there was talk of two more 5-packs, one of which sonded stunticon-inspired.

-----------

here ya go

-----------

nevermind *dreams squashed*

(Dammit, hasbro, why do you mock us with your mismatched scales even within the same toy? four cars of one scale, attaching to a *much* bigger... other car?)
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

Ackula wrote:I see over at the Walkipedia that there was a Marvel Crossover Ghost Rider announced at the show as well (ZOMG!!11eleven), are there pics of it somewhere too and I'm just not seeing them, or was just "announced"?
There is pics of the figure. I cant remember where I saw them, but they are up. Just search around, I am sure you will come across them.

Picture Link - http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/attach ... ntid=15627

I hope this is ok, not trying to cause no drama between tfw2005 and tfarchive.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Looks kinda cool, hard to say till I see a clearer picture. Ghost Rider has been my favorite Marvel character since I was a little bitty thing, definitely want it if its not totally lame.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

BlacknRedTed wrote:I hope this is ok, not trying to cause no drama between tfw2005 and tfarchive.
This forum's more about discussion of news than trying to get there first.

Please link pages or forum posts rather than directly to images or attachments, though.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Eh, we could ****ing take them anyway...