[CUSTOM] Ultimate Headmaster Scourge

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Treadshot A1

Ultimate Headmaster Scourge

Post by Treadshot A1 »

(Equal last place in Sector70's Ultimate Scourge Contest Image)

First off, thanks to Sector70 for the challenge; it finally gave me enough reason to start what is probably my most complicated build yet.

As the title suggests, this is my take on a 'Headmaster' version of Scourge. While i did not expect to win with it (given all the other fantastic entries), at least it gave me an excuse to test out the concept.

Also, I have officially been converted: Enamel paints are useful.

Scourge himself is made from a Master Gundam 1/100 scale kit, with the head ripped off. A first for me, i ended up having to replace the neck joint altogether, trading in the old swivel joint for a new ball joint. The main problem was that the socket has to be located in the body, with the ball joint in, and a peg to plug into the headmaster unit. Thankfully, some spare Gundam joints did the trick, with an old Pokemon ball joint. The only othe mod i did to it was to drill into his shoulders, so that i could insert the short beam blades from the 2 Seraphims, to imitate the artwork in this contest's logo.

As for the Headmaster units, i originally got the idea when i first saw the "Face Burst Mode" of the Seraphim Gundam, hence, both Sweeps are created from 1/144 Seraphims. I guess the main reason for deciding to do the headmaster concept was that this provided an easy way to avoid sculpting the knob on his head (and doubling his firepower in the process). To get the facial hair for Head Mode, i simply literally snapped the crest piece from each Seraphim, and glued them into position. I had to sacrifice some waist articulation, but i think it was well worth it. The eyes are the only bit i regret on this custom. Sweep 1 has green eyes, due to me not being able to come up with a way to make red eyes visible under the other pieces of Seraphim. Luckily, some silver with clear red fixed the problem on Sweep 2, so i have to give some credit to Sabsabby for teaching me that.

The headmaster units also have a unique capability, in which they can (with a bit of imagination) attach to scourge's arm as a claw attachment. The claw mainly came out of the fact that i couldn't find a way to disguise them in head mode, and i needed the waist port for connection to the balljoint on Scourge, hence, the lower body had to go somewhere. The advantage, though, is that it lengthens Scourge's arms, without leaving them totally hollow.

I know the alt mode is a bit stretched, being a lot more square than it should be, but i couldn't figure out how to fix it without having left over parts, and with the Sweeps already having to parts-form, that was a big no-no for me.

The clear green part in some of the pictures are from a Display base, though i haven't figured that out yet. I may soon turn it into a device for holding the Sweeps in Vehicle mode, as for now, they have a bad habit of falling out at takeoff.

OK, i've ranted long enough, i guess i just got carried away in the excitement of my first custom in the heavy/scratch section. Image Enjoy!
Attachments
S70 Sweep 2.jpg
S70 Sweep 1.jpg
S70 Headmaster Scourge Vehicle Mode Right.jpg
S70 Headmaster Scourge Robot Mode.jpg
S70 Headmaster Scourge Close Up.jpg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hXcpunk23
Protoform

Post by hXcpunk23 »

I think it's pretty ultimate, man. Excellent work on this. The paint apps look great and I still love the fact that you went all out and did a Headmaster Scourge--very creative and original! This looks a lot like the images from some of the artwork in my Visual Works book--and that's a good thing. You really cranked it up a notch on this one--I've always liked your work, but I gotta say, this is some of your best (and my favorite). Keep up the great work, man!
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

extremely unique considering you're using a Gundam, or in this case, Gundams, as the base. Loving it and you're getting better with paint applications too! Keep up the good work. :up:
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Thanks for the comments. I'm pretty sure my paint apps will get better from now on, now that i've actually gone an bought myself an airbrush. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Excellent work!