Target exclusive Universe Superion and Bruticus Maximus (Energon redecos) - now in "Revenge of the Fallen" packaging?!?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Seeing the Combaticons gives further support to that short-lived photo of a Universe Superion as well. I hope some more info comes out soon on these two combiners...
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Too bad they couldn't have at least done some new molds for hands for Bruticus. The art has hands...why can't the toy. :)
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah. It really is weird that the artist would draw hands on the figure when he doesn't actually have propper hands. :eyebrow:
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

And yet poor Predaking remains empty-handed this time around.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

RID Scourge wrote:Yeah. It really is weird that the artist would draw hands on the figure when he doesn't actually have propper hands. :eyebrow:
Almost like the way the entire cache of original figures' art implied they had limbs.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

And articulation.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

And robot modes that looked like robots.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

I said this way earlier about the hands lol. I know you kitbashers out there will go to ebay or whatnot to just get Unicron or Primus' hands lol.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Detective Barricade wrote:Hopefully these won't be exclusives not available in Canada, as I'd like to get those if they come out as a set.
I'm willing to lay odds that both he and Superion are soon-to-be-released exclusives to somewhere domestically (the US), but I'm not exactly sure where they would be. Considering that they're combiners, though, I would almost expect Wal*Mart to be the one to snag them... as they love those combiner exclusives.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Cliffjumper wrote:Almost like the way the entire cache of original figures' art implied they had limbs.
True. Never thought about it. That is pretty weird when you think about it.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

TFVanguard wrote:I'm willing to lay odds that both he and Superion are soon-to-be-released exclusives to somewhere domestically (the US), but I'm not exactly sure where they would be. Considering that they're combiners, though, I would almost expect Wal*Mart to be the one to snag them... as they love those combiner exclusives.
Yeah, I wouldn't doubt it to be Wal-Mart. They love their exclusives. Plus, they had Devastator in the Classics line, maybe it sold well so they think they'll reproduce that with other combiners...

Either way I'll be excited to see them when they come out. I hope the price point is right too, I got Devastator for $30 when it was out. It would be nice to get Superion for that much...
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

ganon578 wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't doubt it to be Wal-Mart. They love their exclusives. Plus, they had Devastator in the Classics line, maybe it sold well so they think they'll reproduce that with other combiners...

Either way I'll be excited to see them when they come out. I hope the price point is right too, I got Devastator for $30 when it was out. It would be nice to get Superion for that much...
Not just that. They're the only store that hasn't announced any 'Universe' exclusives yet! They also had ALL of the non-micro store exclusive combiner gift-packs up until this point. (Tirger Ruination, Urban Ruination, Landfill, and Devastator)

Granted, Target had RID Devastator, but it was sold as two two-packs...
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

TFVanguard wrote: Granted, Target had RID Devastator, but it was sold as two two-packs...
Universe 1.0, actually. :)

And that was originally planned as a mass release before Wal*Mart decided to axe the Universe 1.0 Ultra assortment. The Constructicons (plus Overbite and Repugnus) were already produced, so Hasbro desperately searched for a store willing to carry those unreleased two-packs.

So this is not really comparable to "multi-pack produced with an exclusive in mind".
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Makes sense....

But these are pass for me.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Yeah now that I think and look harder this my be a pass for me too, it just reminds me of Classics Devastator. I'll have to see this before I know for sure.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I really hope that these turn out to be repaints though, to fit in better with the G1/Classics feel. I don't want to see them put back out with the same paint apps they had before, since that makes them just look like a mish-mash of extra paints in the Hasbro labs.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Did you look at the links? Already at least Vortex and Swindle match (sort of) their G1 counterpart's color scheme.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

It annoys me. I feel like Hasbro put no effort or care into this... just my feeling/opinion.

Why can't they put forth the effort to make the limbs four different vehicles, instead of two? Lazy? Or just don't care?
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Brimstone wrote:Did you look at the links? Already at least Vortex and Swindle match (sort of) their G1 counterpart's color scheme.
Yeah I did, but that doesn't account for the other two limbs, Onslaught, or the five combiners in Superion. I just hope they don't get lazy. Not that repaints are hard to do, but you never know.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.