POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Well my actual piece of More Than Meets the Eye art has arrived! With a £18 customs charge (including £8 handling fee that paid for them ripping a massive hole in the packaging. It's ****ing lucky the art itself was mostly unharmed or I'd have done more than annoy Royal Mail's twitter account):

https://twitter.com/InflatableDalek/sta ... 3124206592

And here it is with added cat:

https://twitter.com/InflatableDalek/sta ... 8277924864
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Clay wrote:Would worry about you if you didn't :)
:lol:

I did only put that paragraph in because I figured you guys would think something was wrong with me otherwise. :)
Clay wrote:Sad day about Brawl, though.
On the bright side, at least a combiner limb that utterly fails as an individual toy still has some use to it. He can go be a leg on a Frankensteined combiner team.
Inaction Master

Post by Inaction Master »

-dusts off- Been a while, I know.

Got lot of new goodies. Primarily Mastermind Creations - Reformatted Felisaber and Spartan. In general I like both, but the Spartan has left me smitten. I've wanted for the longest time for a great physical representation of Impactor. It works well with my other Wreckers and actually scales pretty decently with my smaller Masterpiece figures, (as does Felisaber).

And the Metal Slug inspired tank form is just gravy.

Sades

Post by Sades »

Cool toy, though that last picture looks like a robotic duck-gryphon doing a sit for treats...
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Kapow Toys had an Easter sale on so I picked up Generations Tailgate and Skrapnel at just £12 for the pair.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Oh, Masterpiece Ramjet. You glorious car crash.

Joint tolerances are all over the place, though most verge on the "too tight" side, which is probably the better option. It's a MP jet, so there are sprue marks and scuffs here and there, but we're used to that by now. The nosecone is a little scuffed at the tip.

The face looks alright in person. Those kneepads don't. The leg-mounted wings could really do with some more work, there's a hinge there but it's blocked by the fins, which could do with being collapsible.

The cockpit seat being a different colour is really weird, as it looks really incongruous.

The robot mode back is an absolute mess, with everything just sitting loose because none of it fits anywhere. That nosecone hanging down is horrific, but as per Ironhide we knew it from the original pictures. I was hoping that opening it for the machine gun would solve the problem, but then it just sticks out laterally.

It CAN however, be folded back so it's pointing backwards. The way nothing back there locks in place makes it possible, but obviously you end up with a load of stuff pointing out behind him. It... it's workable, but FFS.

Buuuuuut it's Ramjet. I HEART Ramjet and always will do. I like the way they've handled the cluster bombs so they're completely optional in robot mode. That's clever. Obviously I'd like it to be better, but it'll do. It'll do.

[EDIT] Just to clarify, I'm letting the flaws on this toy slide because I loves me some Ramjet. I wouldn't be standing for this sort of shit if I'd forked out this sort of money on Dirge.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Combiner Wars Onslaught - Got him at 30% off at Myer, now all I need to complete the Combaticon group is Shockwave. Curiously, I also kinda interested in the G2 repaint if I ever find on discount, seems I like that color scheme on these guys.
Destruction is my specialty
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Combiner Wars Chop Shop

Yay! My first Deluxe Insecticon! That isn't Deluxe and is a repaint/minor retool of a toy that came out 2 years ago. But still yay! I've been interested in the Deluxe Insecticons since working out it was they whom were the cannon fodder in Time Wars. The original toys seem a bit hard to come by at a reasonable cost though, so I've let that pipe dream go. So I was super-excited when this guy was announced for CW, in much the same way I was for Generations Roadbuster. Thankfully, this guy isn't the slight disappointment the recent Roadbuster toy was to me.

This is a really nice Basic (sorry, Legends) toy. The detailing is excellent, the proportions are great and he looks super-creepy. The largely monochrome palette of orangey-brown is superb with some nice bright orange paintwork to contrast against this. I love the nice white markings on the chest and there's some thoughtful markings on his head too, although its a shame his faceplate and/ or eyes couldn't have been given some paint just to stop the fine detail of his features being lost. He's decently posable, although as with Beast Wars Insecticon, some of the insect legs do get in the way.

Alt mode is nicely done, although I did find myself wondering why they bothered to put in moulded representations of wheels on the legs here, when they'd not bothered for Bombshell.

Another great Legends figure then, hooray!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

As someone elsewhere pointed out, BH Hardshell makes a nice deluxe Insecticon in the same scale...

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Hardshell_(Prime)#Cyberverse
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Had my MP Shockwave and Hot Rod show up a little earlier. I haven't done anything with Hot Rod aside from open the box to confirm everything was there, as I'm waiting till I have more time to do a protective coating of the chrome.

I did take some time to fiddle with Shockwave, who is a very nice figure. He's got a little more potential range of motion in the waist than I expected, though it's hindered a bit by the backpack.
The leg transformation is pretty cool. I wasn't expecting it to work like it does.

I was a little surprised by the lack of included batteries. Not really a problem though since I wasn't likely to actually use the light-up features.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Shockwave's legs are awesomesauce.

Rest of the figure's good too. I'd be happier if it were a shade or two darker purple, but other than that I am ver happy.

Lightpiping eye ftw. Shame it looks green when the light's in the opposite direction, but whevs yo. One thing I've noticed is that there is the occasional tiny black scuff mark of some variety here and there. The ones on the shoulder joints wiped off easily, but there's one on the right side of the abdomen that hasn't.

Oh, and I also have teh Hot Rod. Gappy collar and ridiculous backpack aside, he's alright.
Ryan F

Post by Ryan F »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Oh, and I also have teh Hot Rod. Gappy collar and ridiculous backpack aside, he's alright.
Quick as you can, paint the engine block and side-pipes with floor wax or clear nail polish - that chrome flakes off if you even look at it funny!

MP Shockwave is great.

MP Ramjet sucks. My copy has the shoulder misassembly issue, which means that the arms don't peg into the wings in jet mode. Kapow offered me a refund as they have no stock left for replacements (my copy is pretty much untransformable) but when Dirge and Thrust come out I know I'll regret it if I don't have a Ramjet to go with them.

So today I took off the wings, arms and nose - all I have is the legs and the torso. Even that was a bit of a mission, as there are some hidden screws in the arms that are hidden beneath a cap that's been glued in place. My next step is to bang out the pins in the chest missile pods (that will probably be a weekend job), switch the joints around and then put it all back together.

My other QC issue is that the flap that hides the nosecone landing gear always fall off the friction hinge when I try to open it - turned out it was a clearance issue (the flap was jamming against the rest of the nosecone when it flipped open), so after shaving a bit of excess plastic away it now opens like a charm.
Transform And Roll-Out
The Unofficial And Unauthorised Guide To The Transformers (1984-92)
Available now from Telos Publishing
https://telos.co.uk/shop/cult-tv/transf ... -roll-out/
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Ryan F wrote:Quick as you can, paint the engine block and side-pipes with floor wax or clear nail polish - that chrome flakes off if you even look at it funny!
Space issues mean he's back in the box for the time being, so hopefully that'll keep the issue at bay until I get the chance to do something about it.
MP Ramjet sucks. My copy has the shoulder misassembly issue, which means that the arms don't peg into the wings in jet mode.
Any chance of a pic of the shoulder issue? Regrettably, due to time constraints, I've not had the chance to transform him yet and I did notice that there was a gap in the collar area when I was putting him back away. I hadn't noticed it when unboxing, so I'm hoping it's just a case of the torso assembly not holding in place properly.

And yes, transforming him should probably have been the first thing I did, but I was in a hurry, robot mode is the priority for me and if they're packed that way I don't always run through the transformation until I've got adequate free time.
Ryan F

Post by Ryan F »

Okay here's a picture of a misassembled Ramjet (not my photo).

The issue is with the circled part. Looking down on the figure, it's a T-shaped section, with one prong (marked in red) longer than the other (green). If yours has been misassembled like this one, then the longer (red) section will be facing the back of the toy (on a good copy, the long side should be facing the front).

Transform And Roll-Out
The Unofficial And Unauthorised Guide To The Transformers (1984-92)
Available now from Telos Publishing
https://telos.co.uk/shop/cult-tv/transf ... -roll-out/
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Aces. Ta for that. I'll check when I get home tonight.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE (well, good news me). Mine is fine.

Well, I say "fine". It's riddled with the same shoddiness in terms of plastic quality, daft tolerances and things not pegging together snugly as the other MP jets, but at least everything's been put together the right way round.

Looking at the way the shoulder assemblies work, it should be a straightforward switch for anybody with the patience, knowledge and willingness to tackle it. Good luck there.

Oh, and mine has the same issue with the landing gear cover.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Masterpiece Destron Laserwave

Yaaaaay Shockwave!!! Ooh he is pretty in his dandy lilac stylings, like if Laura Ashley did Transformers (only thing missing is the whiff of pot pourri). First impressions; nice update of the original toy's original transformation scheme with added clever legs and nice slidey tummy panel to hide away the trigger. I especially like the boingy springy tubey thing used for his cabling, which is way better than the rubbery nonsense the original toy came with. Excellent light pipes and articulation fun times too. Diecast in his feeties keeps him standing nicely. Really want to get me some batteries to see what that adds to the party.

Alt mode is nice too, way more solid and sturdy than the original which is cool.

The only minor niggles I have are that he's (to me anyway) a shade on the small side. MP Soundwave towers over him somewhat and I feel he should have come in at least around the same size as him. I don't mind the lilac halfas much as I thought I would, but I bet he would look aces with the full on deep purple of the original toy...which I am halfway expecting to show up at some point. Curse you impatience!

Right now though, I think he's pretty cool and ticks all the right boxes in terms of design and aesthetics and he is a lovely piece of work :)
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

So everybody has MP Shockwave except me? AAAARGH

Hope that it's stuck in customs due to their workload, not because they're preparing to tax me...
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I was sniffing around for one online and took a punt on ID Toys. 'Pre-Ordered' Sunday, Shipped on Tuesday, Arrived On Thursday and that was the end of Solomon Grundy or something. Now I have ID points!

...shame they're not IQ points
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Knightdramon wrote:So everybody has MP Shockwave except me? AAAARGH

Hope that it's stuck in customs due to their workload, not because they're preparing to tax me...
Mine still hasn't shown up either. :( No tracking updates since it left Japan a week ago, which probably means that, like yours, he's stuck in a customs warehouse somewhere.

Either that or Canada Post has arbitrarily decided not to bother giving out tracking info on EMS packages like they did with all other shipping options a few months ago.