POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

That Ravage redeco looks rubbish. I don't see why people are bothered about it not being on general sale. Looks more like an intervention of taste and decency to me... limiting its availability to people who are daft enough to buy a set they don't want in order to get a dodgy recolour of something that's already available is quite funny from where I'm sat.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, it's not like it's particularly screen-accurate. Or that Ravage is suddenly a Transformer now... His alleged transformation is probably even worse than Scorponok's, just because at least on the latter it's blatantly a last-minute panic addition.

Got given a voucher for, of all places, Debenhams at work and promptly converted it into the three RotF Scouts they had left - Dead End, Nightbeat and Depthcharge. Let's just say I'm glad they were all free.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Cliffjumper wrote:Yeh, it's not like it's particularly screen-accurate. Or that Ravage is suddenly a Transformer now...
Yep. It's an ugly redeco of a dodgy toy that can only be obtained through buying something nobody wants anyway. It's hardly a scandalous arrangement.

Er... new acquisitions, new acquisitions... er... I just got Leon on Blu Ray. Does that count? It's got Transformers in it. Slightly miffed that the proper version of the film is tucked away on the bonus features menu, but I found it eventually.

Looks gorgeous and totally worth the £8 it cost me. I even managed to make a friend extremely happy by giving them my DVD copy for free. Go me.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I ****ing love that film, really, really good stuff. Find Besson's Extended Paedo version to be a little flabby and laboured, making subtext into overtones, which just goes to show you that sometimes studio execs know what they're doing. I've no time for Besson beyond the film, though. Oldman's great in it, it's like he's wandered in from something else.

I like Ravage, in that he's nice and fluid and shape-wise very close to the feel and flow on the CGI model. He's just not really a Transformer...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

The only other Besson film I've seen is The Fifth Element which is one of those ones that everybody tells me is completely fantastic but my copy just contained a fairly generic and forgettable sci-fi movie that happened to contain Oldman, Willis and a shitload of silly designer costumes.

Oh, and apparently he produced Guy Ritchie's Revolver. Which is one of the greatest crimes against fiction I've ever seen.

[something about toys]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Well, on the back of seeing Leon in, what, 1995, I bought his entire output at the time, resulting in me owning four pretentious French arthouse films and the aforementioned Fifth Element, which is a fillm I remember quite hating - the money blown on such a pointless slice of tripe rather wound me up at the time when I was always hearing about the trouble Gilliam or Lynch were having raising funds for something. Of course, I had a lot to learn at the time...

I've still got Premium Ratchet.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

I picked up a red Universe Powerglide on the clearance shelf of my walmart for $15 bucks last night.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

Post by kupimus aka(clocker) »

i just bought rotf mudflap from sainsburys. overpriced at 12.99 but still a good toy
Let this be thy final lesson monster, no man is e'er defeated till his last breath is drawn! And e'en THEN, 'tis most unwise for the victor to assume the battle is ended, for with god and man, a war is ne'er over till the ultimate wrong is set aright and the final villain is DONE!
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Alternators Tracks and '07 Movie Longarm.:D
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
FortressMaximus
Protoform

Post by FortressMaximus »

Transformers Device Label
USB Flash Memory (2 GB) -
Ravage

This device actually is pretty cool! Will use it to save my research papers for college!

kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

Post by kupimus aka(clocker) »

cool

Today i got transformers: cybertron scattorshot, repugnus and ransack gts. they was in a 3-pack released under the universe banner, but they r completeley unchanged. they r just re-issues really. Pretty cool set, their rather good.
they was exclusives at sainsburys, and there is alot left if anyones near the sainsburys maypole in birmingham. the sets been there since before christmas now, and it looks like their untouched.
Let this be thy final lesson monster, no man is e'er defeated till his last breath is drawn! And e'en THEN, 'tis most unwise for the victor to assume the battle is ended, for with god and man, a war is ne'er over till the ultimate wrong is set aright and the final villain is DONE!
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

I found ROTF Deluxe Dirge at my local target.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

The DL Ravage looks really awesome for the figure. Nice that it functions as a working USB. I just don't like the price.

Found Human Alliance Barricade and Frenzy today. Awesome pair.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Not really an acquisition yet as I only won it on Ebay tonight but I got a really cheap complete Ultimate Bumblebee tonight and was wondering if anyone here has it and if so what they think.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

@Sav:

KOs all over the place. Eg,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0369019219

Will let you know what the quality's like when it turns up.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Denyer wrote:@Sav:

KOs all over the place. Eg,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0369019219

Will let you know what the quality's like when it turns up.
I'd like to know as well.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

@Denyer thanks bro!
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Ackula wrote:I wonder if they will accept photo copies? Might be a work around, based on wanting to keep the original order form for "collector's purposes". Worth asking if they actually write you back. I'm sure someone here would scan it for us all. :lol:
According to the form in the box you have to use the original form. Also includes another sticker.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

I Bought EZ Devestator at Walmart. Downside is that it doesn't have too many points of articulation. But it's still way better then the $100 Supreme Blockestator.

All in all:EPIC WIN!:clap:
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Click thumbnail for larger pic...

Got these guys for my Birthday today. Very cool, I never realized how big the Megatron is until I saw it out of the box. A little hard to transform the first time, very tight joints, but otherwise excellent toy. The third mode is complete shit though, isn't it?

The Ravage (yes, I know it was called Tripredacus something-or-another) is full of all kinds of win though. He looks pretty identical to the Ravage character in the IDW Beast Wars comics, robot mode isn't too bad either.

Also have an Alternators Shockwave on the way as well, just didn't make it here for my birthday, but hopefully tomorrow will bring its arrival!