POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Raze
Protoform

Post by Raze »

Got my hands on Classics Cliffjumper (thanks Borg72) and Silverstreak today.

Now this is a first, I feel I must apologise to Silverstreak as he did go through an awful lot while I tried to transform him for the first time. It's never really a good omen when you start out and the door and wheel arch pop off at the slightest touch. And things didn't get any better further down the line either as Silverstreak's bonnet/head managed to pop off as well. Next up I managed to wrench his arm out of joint as well. He's been through the wars bless him but he doesn't seem too down about it. Once again humble apologies sir. We'll put off transforming you back for now.

Cliffjumper though was very intuitive I found and had no problems what so all with him until I get to his jet packy thing (surely they could have turned that into a rocket launcher somehow, something more befitting the bot) which decided to fall apart all over the place. Never mind, it just made it easier to get things in position. Not that Cliffjumper will be wearing it on display for me. At the moment Cliffjumper is borrowing a weapon off Magnus that while a little big is very fitting to his character I feel (no not the BFG though I'm sure he'd prefer it).

So pleased overall, especially as I got them both new for £32. Thanks again Borg and once more apologies to Silverstreak.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

bought the Big Lots versions of the contructicons Hook and Scavenger for 2 bucks and some change. I needed Hook mainly because my vintage g1 piece had the chrome legs busted from age and the chrome. going to repaint scavenged legs of said Hook for my vintage one silver gloss and then slap them onto Hook so he has his height and stability back. i also have inserted emblem cement into the hollow in the back of the legs for added structural stability. so hopefully on a day off i will be able to reconstruct Devastator again :D
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Clay

Post by Clay »

Springer007 wrote:bought the Big Lots versions of the contructicons Hook and Scavenger for 2 bucks and some change. I needed Hook mainly because my vintage g1 piece had the chrome legs busted from age and the chrome. going to repaint scavenged legs of said Hook for my vintage one silver gloss and then slap them onto Hook so he has his height and stability back. i also have inserted emblem cement into the hollow in the back of the legs for added structural stability. so hopefully on a day off i will be able to reconstruct Devastator again :D
That may or may not work. If you picked up the bootlegs I'm thinking of, the plastic quality is roughly that of old cheese. It's worth a shot, though :up:
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Clay wrote:That may or may not work. If you picked up the bootlegs I'm thinking of, the plastic quality is roughly that of old cheese. It's worth a shot, though :up:
thus why i used emblem cement in the hollows of the legs. it should only break if a weight of huge proportions, about 5-10 lbs is dropped on it. but if it still breaks, there is always my dream of doing casting work :up:
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
ismellicecream
Protoform

Post by ismellicecream »

This week I've bought TFC Megatron, Decepticon Fracture (Crasher), Dune Runner, Animated Blitzwing and Animated Sentinel Prime.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Opened up Deluxe Wheelie last night after another mental week at work - he's very well designed, and remarkably tall!
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

FINALLY!

ROTF LONG HAUL IS MINE!
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I found the ROTF Bruticus Maximus pack today. I had a dream that they were going for crazy money on Ebay, so I picked up a couple. Alas, 'twas just a crazy dream. So if anyone can't find them in their area, PM me. I'll forego the crazy money part. :)
(How come "forego" isn't in Firefox's spell check?)
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Picked up my Encore Cassettes Volume 2 from the Post Office this afternoon.
Well impressed with them as the Cassettes were some of my favourite TFs back in the day and they still hold a special place in my heart.
Paid £28(about $46) for them from a UK seller(very rare) so at £7 a tape they are a bit of a bargain as loose examples with peeling stickers,no weapons,missing Ratbat ears etc. regularly go for more than that on Ebay UK.
I know because Ive paid it myself in the past.
All the details are painted on which will avoid any sticker fade or peeling in the future.
All the weapons apart from Slugfests are the gold versions and they come with a clear plastic case each and spec card.
Took some pics in case anyones interested:

Box front:

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... UE2008.jpg

Box back:

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... UE2015.jpg
So far spotted a pissed off Metroplex,2 Hot Rods and a miscoloured Springer but I'm sure there's more ERRORS

Contents and Instructions etc.

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... UE2018.jpg

Intructions and Tech Specs

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... UE2021.jpg
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... UE2019.jpg

Alt mode and cases.

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... UE2022.jpg

'Bot mode

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... UE2031.jpg

"Attack Mode" with weapons:

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... UE2033.jpg

Ignore the less than clean table.
Its times like these and when I buy a TFC Reissue that I really wish I was fluent in Japanese.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

Clay wrote:Full set, bittersweet reason for splurging.
Menasor is the number one spot of my wish list! :up:
Notabot wrote:(How come "forego" isn't in Firefox's spell check?)
Probably just the settings, but doesn't Firefox automatically spell check?

Anyway, had an unexpected but pretty nice shopping experience today. I only got two Transformers though...

Desert Tracker Ratchet. It was deciding between this or Human Alliance Bumblebee. I know what some of you must be thinking: :nonono: But I had my reasons. Ratchet's my favorite movie character so there was a bit of that completionist impulse you sometimes get for fave characters. In contrast to that, I'm feeling a bit Bumblebee'd out. Also, the Wal-Mart I was in have several HA Bumblebees left...but only one Ratchet! So I was playing the odds in case of second thoughts.

Human Alliance Sideswipe. The car mode is really nice, of course, but overall I think I prefer the Deluxe version. It's fair enough. But if you only want one version of this character, I'd personally recommend the Deluxe* and save a bit of cash in the process.

*I say that like everyone who cares doesn't already have it. ;)
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

My latest buy is the Scout Class Nightbeat(would have been Human Allliance Bumblebee as well if Wal-Mart cashed personal checks......). He's a good figure.

Now, if I could just find the Legends Prime and Jetfire......

And I'm annoyed with Hasbro's website. I wanted to see who the Human Alliance Sideswipe came with, and all the poking around I did came up with Bumblebee. I know they're doing Mikela with Chromia and Skids(if that pic I saw is any indication), but who comes with Sideswipe? And when will they do Human Alliance Ironhide with Lennox? That's an ROTF Ironhide that I would get.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

Ah, right. HA Sideswipe comes with a oddly proportioned Epps! His legs are ridiculously long- his thighs are as long as his entire arm. Other than that, it's a decent enough figure for its size and intent. (You don't even see the legs when he interacts with Sideswipe.)

Despite plenty of room, the Epps figure has no back pockets. ;)

Edit: BTW, Ironhide with Lennox is also one I'd easily pick up! Now there's a pairing that would make sense. The only HA Decepticon announced so far, AFAIK, is Barricade with...Frenzy. I have a feeling this line will suffer from the same thing BinAlt did early on, being too Autobot heavy. But the ultimate wishful thinking item for me would be Optimus with his figure being Peter Cullen. Doubt that's gonna happen...

A bit ironic. I've always wondered when/if there would be something like this, Transformers with little action figures of the human characters. And nowthat it's happening, I tinkered around with Epps (who I like!) for about a minute and realized he's probably going to end up in a random accessories box.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Well, given the fact that the HA figures seem to be pretty well detailed, a Barricade/Frenzy would be pretty cool. Especially since my Barricade has weak ankles.

Hopefully HA Ironhide and Lennox are in the pipe. Going by the pictures I've seen(and looking at HA Bumblebee in the package), if they do a HA Prime, it might be a modified Leader-class Prime figure, otherwise his robot mode might be bigger than Fort Max.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

I didn't even think about that. True, a Prime would have to be HUGE to be in scale with the human figures. After all these years a TF line has a basis for scale and it's...humans. :p

Back to acquisitions, recently I got a vynil LP in the mail I picked up on an online auction. It's called "Attack of the Decepticons" and was issued in 1985. Seven bucks! (Plus shipping, but hey...) Still sealed in the plastic, but I'd really like to listen to it. (I'm sure it's good for a laugh.) Doubt I ever will open it though. (And don't you know, as soon as I did open it I'd find a free download!)

From the back of the LP:
Join the fearless Optimus Prime and his heroic Autobot forces as they battle the evil Megatron and his Decepticon warriors. Can the brave Autobots stop the cruel Decepticons before they can drain away all of planet Earth's precious oil?...The battle continues, and you are part of the Transformers' blazing action in "Attack of the Decepticons."

I will do pics, just this once, because all I've got is this lousy phone cam...

Album front (with HA sideswipe):

Tech Sgt. Epps:
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Got Deluxe Sideways at Target. I have a suspicion this might be the rare darker version of the toy.:| I'm still trying to confirm this.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
ismellicecream
Protoform

Post by ismellicecream »

Just got TFC Hound.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Animated Shockwave and Skywarp, on clearance at BBTS, for $29.00. Not bad for 2 brand new voyagers.:up:
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Got 25th anniversary Soundwave for my birthday from my girlfriend. Loving ratbat, and the correct sized tape deck.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Got movie Gears and leader class Jetfire. Like both, but Jetfire is a paine in the *** to keep in place. Several pieces like to pop out. This is the second Jetfire I've seen in months. Is he as scarce in other areas?
numbat

Post by numbat »

wolfbolt86 wrote:Got movie Gears and leader class Jetfire. Like both, but Jetfire is a paine in the *** to keep in place. Several pieces like to pop out. This is the second Jetfire I've seen in months. Is he as scarce in other areas?
Plenty Jetfires in Hamilton, Scotland, UK. Not picked one up though...