POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

This week: Superion add-on kit, Japanese Legends Class Devastator (complete), Legends class Enforcer Ironhide, Deluxe Arcee and Epic Scout Toaster Bot Ejector.

I have to say I am happy with the haul. Arcee is by far the most asynchronous Transformer I have ever owned. Well, at least in femme bot mode. She has her own stand, but looks a lot different than what I saw in Chromia (did not pick her up).

Her superbike mode is really cool, and she is a pinky red.
http://lolligagger.com/gallery/revenge- ... len-arcee/

Put some pics up.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I was in my local Meijer this morning before work and managed to find Universe Tread Bolt on clearance for $10. Hadn't really though about picking him up before, but I like the Jetfire mould as it is, and I couldn't pass up a Voyager for a price less than a deluxe. If the clearance keeps going down, I may have to pick up Uni Dropshot as well!
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

ROTF Jolt.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Full set, bittersweet reason for splurging.
Attachments
menasor.jpg
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Do tell...
numbat

Post by numbat »

Clay wrote:Full set, bittersweet reason for splurging.
Wow... That really is a dream haul. Sorry to hear the reason for purchasing was bitter... sweet...
martyboy70

My Menasor-not as good as Clays

Post by martyboy70 »

I dont usually post in this thread cos I get stuff too often and its only G1 and this seems to be more about "I got current stuff"
But if Clays posting his Menasor I finally completed mine on Monday by getting an original G1 cos the KOs dont include it(slightly chrome worn)sword to finish him off.
Clays wins cos my Dragstrip has no stickers(for aerodynamic reasons)
But here he is:

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... UE1007.jpg

All the addons(Feet,fist etc.) are Ko but all the bots are legit.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

I just bought G1 Bludgeon in mint condition! :D
He comes with a sword too lol. Only cost me €30. Not bad, considering he goes for more on Ebay :up:
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Clay

Post by Clay »

We had our dog euthanized a couple of weeks ago. He was 13, had bladder stones, deteriorated hips, etc., and was going into kidney failure when we took him to the vet early Saturday morning.

I don't know if it's because I'm a misanthrope at the core or what, but I've never handled critters dying anywhere near as well as I do people. So I got to thinking about all the time I'd had the dog and keyed that into my childhood a bit, and splurged on some Stunticons (I think I threw away my original, broken set around the same time as we got the dog) since I wanted an effigy of times-gone-by that wouldn't die on me.

On the bright side, my two-year-old nephew absolutely loves the Stunticons, so we had a good time playing cars on the couch yesterday. So it goes.
martyboy70 wrote:I dont usually post in this thread cos I get stuff too often and its only G1 and this seems to be more about "I got current stuff"
I dunno, I've always thought of it as a general haul thread. Otherwise, it'd basically be a 'recently released' thread.

Are you happy with the KO feet and hands, or will you start looking for those parts now?
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

I dunno-its kinda a question of being not just complete but being genuine.
On one hand hes had his Ko feet,fists,gun,face waist and car(and never fell over despite repeated shunts of my shelf unit by my 20 month old son which have knocked over Seekers,Autobot Cars,Insecticons,various Cassetes and Alternator Wheeljack the Ko feet mean he keeps on truckin)for nearly a year since I bought a real Motormaster for pennies with a full set of Ko attachments-which were flagged up as such by the seller.
So I think"Hey he looks finished-you got the sword at last-,he has all the bits,hes as sturdy as you need and only a tiny percentage of the population will ever know hes not 100% 80s goodness"
But a tiny tiny piece of me screams "Hes not all Hasbro-buy the proper bits and a better Dragstrip(the others are all pretty good) to make him properly complete and looking spot on.
If a set came up cheap then sure but genuine combiner parts go for crazy money on Ebay UK so its not likely.
My Superion for example is a G1/G2 Hybrid with all G1 original bots but G2 combiner parts because the G2 gets no love and the bits(with a G2 Silverbolt were a fraction of the price of G1 examples)

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... UE2002.jpg
So basically Im a combiner on a budget(Tf collecting costs so much more over here) and am fairly happy with what Ive put together but on the other hand if the non Ko or proper Generation bits came up cheap Id have them.
On another note I won an Encore Cassettes Vol 2 on Ebay while I was out at Poker this evening so Ill shout out about them when they arrive now I know its not just an ROTF thread.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Raze
Protoform

Post by Raze »

Interesting technique marty, I might borrow from it a little so I can buy the combiners I want in steps. And I was actually gonna start with Menasor myself.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

ROTF Dead End and Dune Runner.

Dune Runner rather sucks...
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Sorry to hear about your dog Clay. It really is always difficult when a pet dies - I think you tend to be closer to them than most people around you, so it's common to be very upset by the loss...

:(

Clay kindly sent me through a super bundle of ROTF figures, that arrived today. Fantastic for so many reasons - but for one, none of them have appeared around my area yet (we're still on Wave 1 at Hamilton...).

So, in my box I have:

- Voyager Mixmaster
- Voyager Long Haul
- Deluxe Skids
- Deluxe Mudflap
- Deluxe Wheelie
- Scout Scalpel

I was so excited I was bouncing!

:clap:

I've only had Mudflap and Long Haul out so far, and am very very pleased.

For one, I am glad that both figures can be configured to look a lot more like their film versions in robot mode! Long Haul is just plain cool, while Mudflap is an engineering masterpiece! And I love how the front of the car totally splits apart for the robot mode! And the Trax is just a kick-ass alt mode (shame it won't see production - a compact city car sized 4x4 would be my ideal vehicle for practicalities...). Although, Mudflap's transformation is rather fiddly...

I'll hopefully get a chance to play (yes, playwith) with some of the others at the weekend!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Movie/Universe Big Daddy arrived in the post today and aside from the loose shoulders I think he's brill and that alt mode is just fantastic!
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Just found Titanium Thrust and Hot Spot on clearance at Target for $5.25 apiece. Haven't opened them yet, just bragging.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Bought ROTF Mixmaster and Stratosphere on Wednesday, They both look good but I'm not too keen on Stratosphere's skid feet.
Destruction is my specialty
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Thinking of buying RotF Hoist and putting him in with my classics collection. I love the way Seibertron.com posed him, and it made me want to buy it. That and he just looks great, regardless of light grey plastics...
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Yah, I noticed a few of the RoTF remind me of G1, ie Whirl.

Anyway, I found a Jolt today. Not sure what the fuss is about, the "flip out" are little knobs instead of as the picture shows for the electro whip with a spring loaded flip out. The figure is ok, I saw a Dead End today as well. Skipped him.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Got the Transformers Animated Alspark Allmanac(sp?) today. A cracking read
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Got ROTF Ejector and HA Bumblebee at Walmart.
Ejector doesn't much look like any toaster I've ever seen, but close enough. He's got a crazy goblin robot mode, though.:up:
Haven't opened BB yet, but the camaro looks nice, and I've heard good things. They have Sam standing there looking like a zombie. He's going in the shoebox with the missiles and instructions.*Got Bee in robot mode, looks good, the legs are kinda clunky and the backrest on the seats should fold down, but I really like it.