POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I just got through my ROTF Leader Prime, Voyager Demolishor and Deluxe Sideswipe.

I've only opened Demolishor so far, and man is that one heck of a transformation! I'm well impressed! Two fantastic modes as well!

I'll look forward to tackling Prime later!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Got myself Metallic Deep Space Starscream yesterday, no ROTF here for now... but anyway, I bought him for a third of the original price. I must admit that thie last time I wasred my money so much was when I bought my Armada Blurr. But he'll be good for something: As soon as I get ROTF Starscream here, I'll do a comparison review about them....
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Picked up Beachcomber, Brawn and Animated Bumblebee Legends from Asda on a whim for three quid apiece. Might get some others if they come over here.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

ROTF Breakaway is now mine. What a unique little guy.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Revenge has come... ROTF Sideswipe, Rampage, and Starscream from Wal-Mart.:D:up:

Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Picked up ROTF Ransack and Rollbar.

Ransack is,IMO, easily one of the coolest figures ever. He's a biplane!
His head looks like it was taken from Terminator...
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

RotF toys came in today, yay!

Picked Skids, Wheelie, Dead End (scout), Dirt Boss and Rollbar. They had Knockout and Chromia too, but I ain't got that much cash on me.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Got Superion, and was impressed. If you happen to buy him, please, for the love of Science, do not transform him like what is on the box. That is epic fail. On the review of him now.

As a whole, turning him into Superion is challenging and fun. Mainly due to his legs being all wonky in comparison to his body. You do have to unscrew and take apart the legs and swap them out to the other side, or else Silverbolt really has no functional knees. But that only takes a few moments of your time with the procedure. Each bot is well articulated, and the back of the box, with their names and specialties, is just funny to read. The biggest complaint I happen to have with him is his waist. The nose of the aircraft for Silverbolt's alt mode doesn't seem to want to clip into place well, and stay in place, for either his robot, or Superion modes.

And the A-10 tank busters, comprising the legs, are challenging at first to keep their "shape" as lower legs and calves. You have to clip the feet together to form a tight rope walk stunt. Toe-to-Heel basically. Then lastly clip the foot looking things, upside down of course with the textured bits for the bottom of the foot, onto the joints.

The arms, the F-22 looking jets, are interesting to turn into the arms. Do not force the pelvic pieces apart to get to the joint mechanism, they might break and then you will be pretty angry (didn't happen with me, but that is ONE STIFF JOINT). Keep the back leg of each bot as the lower arm, then connect the finger looking things together. Basically take the one part with the hole, and stick the other into it to make a "hand". And then push the "hand" into the back foot of the bot, and voila, a real arm and hand! Take the front leg and wrap it around body a bit so it looks like a bicep, or whatever you want to pretend it is.

Played with the toy a bit though, and still learning a few alternate transformations with the super robot, but he is pretty poseable, and well articulated. I am quite impressed and recommend him, so far, as one of the better gestalts in the line. Very few quirks, and worth the money if you get a chance to buy him.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

I just got Alternators Shockblast and Rodimus from BBTS. The Shockblast was supposed to come with a gun that turns into part of the exhaust, but they f*ckin' screwed me. I ordered the loose but complete one, dammit!
:D Oh well. The SDCC Rodimus is new in the package.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Last weekend: ROTF sideswipe and Rampage. both awesome
yesterday: Sideways and demolishor. both awesome.
( wish i'd found this sooner.:))
All 4 from the walmart in Athens, Alabama.
Question: can anybody find skids and the rest of wave 2 at a walmart? I can't
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

The PS3 KILLeR wrote:Last weekend: ROTF sideswipe and Rampage. both awesome
yesterday: Sideways and demolishor. both awesome.
( wish i'd found this sooner.:))
All 4 from the walmart in Athens, Alabama.
Question: can anybody find skids and the rest of wave 2 at a walmart? I can't

Yep, It's Wheelie and Chromia that I can't find... and for some strange reason Ransack and Depthcharge are only in novelty shops and a bookstore!?!

@Springer007: Is that the Universe Superion your referring to?
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Detective Barricade

Universe/ROTF Superion, I'd assume. I'd love to find it and Bruticus Maximus...
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Catalyst Dragon wrote:Yep, It's Wheelie and Chromia that I can't find... and for some strange reason Ransack and Depthcharge are only in novelty shops and a bookstore!?!

universe/RotF Superion. at least that is what it states on the packaging. and the Target exclusive, so methinks the seller on ebay got it from botcon... maybe, possibly, or maybe Targets in California are selling them now. anywho, a nice, toned down color scheme too, and it doesn't hurt the eyes to look at it.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Detective Barricade

ROTF Optimus Prime, Sideways, and Skids!:D
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dreadwing
Protoform

Post by Dreadwing »

[quote="S_Windell"]From what I understand, it's been reissued with both cassette door versions? Personally, I'd say if you're sure it's Laserbeak (red) and not Buzzsaw (gold), it's probably a reissue. Unless the original owner mixed it up a bit.
QUOTE]

Im sure the cassette is definatly Laserbeak, its red. He was selling them separatly and I talked him into $65 for both. Im thinking its an original, the only thing that makes me wonder is that the instruction booklet says there should be a rubsign on his chest, but there is just a decepticon logo sticker (plain purple, not a rubsign).
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Catalyst Dragon wrote:Yep, It's Wheelie and Chromia that I can't find... and for some strange reason Ransack and Depthcharge are only in novelty shops and a bookstore!?!

My walmart must be holding back!:rant: I've got a few buddys that work there i'll see if they can't pull a few strings for me. If not i'll put my foot down and make them give me one, cause this is bull crap. skids and mudflap are to 2 I lust for, and i'll do what it takes to get em'. I don't care how many sideways and sideswipes you got, sure they're cool but they've been there for 2 weeks now you've got the new stuff put it out already, they need some company.

Has anyone seen the ratchet for ROTF? Is he any better than the first one?

Also Detective Barricade I see you have the new prime is he better than the first, and is he less top heavy and easier to stand up? And you have Skids where you get him? I'll buy a plane ticket to Canada right now if you tell me!! I must have him.:eek:
Clay

Post by Clay »

I picked up the movie scout class motorcycle and red car today. After finding most of the larger stuff uninteresting, the scouts I've gotten so far have been very neat.

Also, the motorcycle bot's head looks like Rattrap's. This is great.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Clay wrote:I picked up the movie scout class motorcycle and red car today. After finding most of the larger stuff uninteresting, the scouts I've gotten so far have been very neat.

Also, the motorcycle bot's head looks like Rattrap's. This is great.
Have you got Demolishor? I find him rather nifty, and the transformation is interesting!

I've had a mental week at work, but I finally had a chance to play around with Leader Prime last night. He is really awesome! So worth it! I can't get over it!

However, I found the transformation to be relatively intuitive (ignoring instructions - I found Demolishor more challenging to work out, but maybe that's just because he's a bit unique) - just found some of the pegs don't quite fit the holes properly, and the chest pins feel like they're gonna snap when I try and put them back in for robot mode. It's also a shame the blades weren't slightly shorter, given how much they interfere with articulation.

However, all of that is really minor - best Prime ever!!!!!!!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Detective Barricade

The PS3 KILLeR wrote:Has anyone seen the ratchet for ROTF? Is he any better than the first one?

Also Detective Barricade I see you have the new prime is he better than the first, and is he less top heavy and easier to stand up? And you have Skids where you get him? I'll buy a plane ticket to Canada right now if you tell me!! I must have him.:eek:
ROTF Ratchet has less paint apps than the first movie one, which given how it's the fourth time they've done this figure (original, Rescue, Best Buy/Premium, and this one) is very odd.:down:

I've never had a problem with '07 Leader Prime standing up, but ROTF Prime is WORLDS better. Be warned, though: he will break you and what little willpower you may have, simply by declaring his name. Over and over.;)

All of the ROTF figures I've picked up so far have been from Wal-Mart. Mudflap isn't due until wave 3. And I only found the one Skids which I now have.:D
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Detective Barricade wrote:ROTF Ratchet has less paint apps than the first movie one, which given how it's the fourth time they've done this figure (original, Rescue, Best Buy/Premium, and this one) is very odd.:down:

I've never had a problem with '07 Leader Prime standing up, but ROTF Prime is WORLDS better. Be warned, though: he will break you and what little willpower you may have, simply by declaring his name. Over and over.;)

All of the ROTF figures I've picked up so far have been from Wal-Mart. Mudflap isn't due until wave 3. And I only found the one Skids which I now have.:D
ratchet sounds horrible, I'll stick the one I've got then.

you see the reason my 07 prime won't stand up is because his feet don't come out right. the bumper part that slides back won't go past half way and his toes flip up too far every time. I'm gonna pick up the new, as soon as I get skids and watchmen the end is nigh for xbox 360 1st. primes cool and all but beating up bad guys as Night owl and Rorschach is way better.:lol: