POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I've finally gotten myself an Universe Infeerno!!!! He rocks. Very reccommended, though I'm disappointed that he doesn't have those big horn-thingies. (The molded ones were wayyyyy too small.)

He has a big honkin' gun!!! :D
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Yellow Landfill came in the mail today, woo!

Quite a nice combiner, just don't prod him too much...
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

ROTF Sideswipe. I must admit, I was a bit "meh" at first but much of that was due to him not being the flaming God of awesome I had over-anticipated him to be. After fiddling around a bit, he is pretty keen. And worth the price point for sure when compared to other recent Deluxes! :)
burnitall wrote:Order in from BBTS-
Encore Metroplex, loose but with all the parts and good condition:up:
Alternators Hound and Silverstreak. No instructions for either, and I don't want to break them. Next stop Youtube.

*These guys bring the total to 100. yay. I know alot of you have many many more, but I'll enjoy my milestone.
Congrats! It may sound corny, but I'm being sincere- any collection is worth taking pride in. Besides, I'd rather see a kid with ten Transformers who loves them than some rich dude who's collected thousands because he thinks they're some kind of "investment." :lol:
Detective Barricade wrote:TF related, Henkei! Astrotrain and Hot Rodimus.

Non-TF related, Pokemon Platinum Version.
That Astrotrain is beautiful!
secretcode wrote:It's been a while, but I got the Classics Megs/Prime 2-Pack at Dollar General today for a whopping...

...$11.25

Megs is pretty cool, but Prime... well. Just pretend he's an action master.
I'd totally buy at that price! The only DG I still see that set in still sells it for, like, twenty bucks. Which I understand is higher than average from the get-go? I remember reading that it generally sold for 15 when they first started popping up. $11.25 is fair as an impulse buy.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

From Transformerland.com I got RiD Prowl, Skybyte, and Armada Sideswipe.

Also got a G1 Hardhead from a member on those forums.

From my local walmart I got ROTF Sideways, Skids, Deadend, and Soundwave.

Almost forgot about Henkei Astrotrain from Tf source.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Yeah, Henkei Astrotrain is possibly the best Classics toy ever. I love him.

Meanwhile, I've gotten:
Universe Dinobot (just came in today. Can you believe it?)
Universe Cosmos (he's so damn cute.)
Universe Warpath
Starblaster

ROTF Sideswipe

Post by Starblaster »

Today I went to Toys R Us and got ROTF Sideswipe, a excellent figure, well designed and would totally recommend it!
numbat

Post by numbat »

Well, I picked up the first wave of ROTF Legends today. Decent price as a bundle of 4 from Argos in the UK (12.99 set = 3.25GBP / figure - be warned, the first set they gave me was duff - two Springers and two Jetfires. Unwrap before you leave to check you get the set of four and not a load of doublers!). But only if you want all four. I knew I wanted three, and so took a chance with Springer.

I'm glad I did.

It's a decent first bunch - as good as the best of the last wave, if maybe slightly better designed for their robot modes. Prime is the biggest disappointment. It's concerning that he's still miles better than the first Movie Legends Prime!!!!

The UK versions don't come with instructions on how to combine Prime and Jetfire, so I will await the film before coming up with my own. (And I'm glad for it actually - I want to see it in the film before any toy spoils it!)

It's nice to have a new Camaro Bumblebee to put alongside my four '74 versions of the previous mould! And this version has a far more articulate robot mode.

And Jetfire provides great nostalgia value. I used to love Snoop when I was wee. Legends Jetfire doesn't offer nearly so good an alt mode as that 1986 classic, but he's fun, and I can't wait to see the film version transform, and may well pick up the Leader figure (
SPOILER! (select to read)
and, let's face it, I'll have to if he's Scottish, like he sounds...
).

Springer's fun, and has a nifty transformation, but suffers from lack of shoulder articulation in robot mode.

Still - damned better start than with the last Movie first wave!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Burnout
Protoform

today at walmart

Post by Burnout »

ROTF deluxe soundwave Universe Legends Wheelie and warpath
"BugBite...Do you ever get the feeling like you dont belong here? You know, Like someone just stuck you in a box and sold your soul for a crapload of cash?"
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Picked up ROTF Sideswipe and Knock Out.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Picked up ROTF Soundwave. Voyager Prime and Ironhide look pretty cool. Man, they have a ton of ROTF bots, but I am not super impressed with all of the toys, but overall stuff looks decent.

Bug-eyed Bumblebee freaked me out..lol.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Sadly, has to buy Superion on Ebay for $52.94 usd. Which is probably not as low as I wanted to pay, but I should have him in a few days time. To heck with waiting for Target and Hasbro to announce him on their computers.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Spokane Valley Walmart had loads of ROTF, so I got-
Leader Prime
Voyager Starscream and Demolishor
Deluxe Rampage, Sideways and Sideswipe(he came with 2 instruction booklets, english and japanese).
Dreadwing
Protoform

Post by Dreadwing »

I picked up alternators Rodimus and Nemesis Prime MISB at Botcon for $40 each. Also got a G1 Soundwave with laserbeak loose for $65. They are both in damn near mint condition. The only problem is that soundwave is missing two of his three missiles. But Im happy with it none the less.

Is there any way to tell the difference between an origional and a reissue? I saw a lot of loose figures from both eras and I swear I would not be able to tell if they werent labeled.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

'Classics' Soundwave reissue has a larger chest cavity and can hold two cassettes, as it used the Soundblaster mold.

On unrelated news, someone gave me another Movie Warpath. It's sitting MoC (mint on card) on my desk.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Picked up Rampage and Demolishor before realizing that they do NOT, in fact, form into Devastator. Bullshit.
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

Ordered in Demolisher and Wheelie from BBTS tonite.Should see how they are shortly.
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

Dreadwing wrote:Also got a G1 Soundwave with laserbeak loose for $65.

Is there any way to tell the difference between an origional and a reissue? I saw a lot of loose figures from both eras and I swear I would not be able to tell if they werent labeled.
From what I understand, it's been reissued with both cassette door versions? Personally, I'd say if you're sure it's Laserbeak (red) and not Buzzsaw (gold), it's probably a reissue. Unless the original owner mixed it up a bit.
Vin Ghostal wrote:Picked up Rampage and Demolishor before realizing that they do NOT, in fact, form into Devastator. Bullshit.
Ooh, that's gotta suck! Most of us are just upset about the whole deal in the first place. I can't even imagine not knowing until you've actually dropped your money. I may pick up a Constructicon or two, but this no combination thing certainly drops them from my "must have" list. And I'm sure I'm not alone here!

I'm willing to give Hasbro the benefit of doubt, that they literally couldn't do it all in one set. But it sucks nonetheless.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Springer007 wrote:Sadly, has to buy Superion on Ebay for $52.94 usd. Which is probably not as low as I wanted to pay, but I should have him in a few days time. To heck with waiting for Target and Hasbro to announce him on their computers.
Patience is a $23 virtue. They are out in droves at my local Target for $29.99. Seeing as how most Target exclusives wind up going on clearance, I'll wait a while longer before picking them up.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

My whole point is it would be nice if they would actually list him, as well as the other exclusives, on their computers. That way I know a specific date instead of rumors of dates and deadlines (I am sure a lot of smart shoppers would agree that it is redundant that things aren't listed in the online database). And to support that point, I work in a book store where our database is horrid, it says a particular book, Lucky Star the manga, was supposed to be out in May of this year, sadly that book is not in, nor do any other databases that I use state the reason it is late in coming out. It just makes it easier on the consumer to know the particulars instead of being vague. That is why there are sometimes a drop in sales since most consumers would probably just find an alternative that gets them the product much quicker. That and I hate wasting my friends who work at Target's time with silly questions when I know they aren't entirely sure the particulars either.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

S_Windell wrote:Ooh, that's gotta suck! Most of us are just upset about the whole deal in the first place. I can't even imagine not knowing until you've actually dropped your money. I may pick up a Constructicon or two, but this no combination thing certainly drops them from my "must have" list. And I'm sure I'm not alone here!
Fortunately, I bought them from Target and can return them. I'd be absolutely furious if I bought them online. It's too bad; they went from an absolute must-have to something I'm not even mildly interested in. We've seen a million construction vehicle TF's before, so the individual Constructicons aren't very interesting, but the idea of having a bunch of vehicles that become Devastator but don't transform isn't appealing either. I'm not buying any of them.