G1 Wheeljack mold

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Optimal Primus
Protoform

G1 Wheeljack mold

Post by Optimal Primus »

I have heard on a site called comicbookresources.com where a user named "Nate Grey" thinks that the G1 Wheeljack mold is "in the works." This might be a sign of a Wheeljack reissue!!!
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

And it might be a sign of nothing. I wish it was true, but I doubt it.

I never had wheeljack as a kid, but i really like him now and a re-issue would be very nice.
Come on and wind me up.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Besides, I think Energon Downshift makes a nice substitute in case there won't be a reissue or even a classics version.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Well, a bloke down the pub by the name of Stefan X. Hoojum reckons they're dusting down Quake to be next in line. Who can tell?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Is this as good a place as any to state that I have AWESOME INSIDE SOURCES which tell me that there won't be anymore reissues EVAR?

Except for Flywheels.

Who I've just remembered I'm meant to be reviewing...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I'd definitely love to get Wheeljack, Sunstreaker and Mirage, just to round out my autobot cars (well, I don't have Ironhide or Rachet, but they don't have heads). I should prolly get another Bluestreak, since the roof is broken on the one I have. Maybe next time I'm at TRU, I'll check to see if any silverstreaks are left.

Outside of those three, the only other G1s I'd really want would be Overlord and Artfire (I suppose I can live without it, seeing as I have Inferno and Grapple, but I love the concept of a little buddy, who turns into a gun).
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

At last year's BotCon Hasbro said that the Wheeljack and Mirage molds are damaged beyond repair.

And, quite frankly, I don't see Wheeljack that much of a popular character to warrant the exorbitant costs of recasting the mold.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
SHOCKERS
Protoform

Post by SHOCKERS »

Originally posted by Nevermore
At last year's BotCon Hasbro said that the Wheeljack and Mirage molds are damaged beyond repair.

*Silently weeps*
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

awwe the hell with it, the energon downshift is good enough for me.
Come on and wind me up.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Get Energon Downshift and Classics Mirage.

That is, if you're unwilling to play extordinant amounts of money for the originals on ebay.
Rosalie
Protoform

Post by Rosalie »

Wasn't Wheeljack really blocky though?

Has anyone else mis-transformed Alt. Wheeljack to look more G1-esque? he looks so cool! Although a little movie bumblebee-esque...
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Originally posted by Rosalie

Has anyone else mis-transformed Alt. Wheeljack to look more G1-esque? he looks so cool! Although a little movie bumblebee-esque...

I noticed reprolabels.com has some customs stickers for Alt. 'Jack, that would fix that problem. Kind of neat actually, for sake of nostolgia.

http://reprolabels.com/Binaltech/wheeljack.asp
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Rosalie

The monkey-arms are bit more of a problem, though he's passable for a G1 car... level with Sunstreaker in the lower-midfield of an "Autobot Car" league I'd say. He's not without charm, though, like most of the Diaclone moulds.
ColdBain
Protoform

Post by ColdBain »

I'd love to get me a Wheeljack, simply because most of the re-releases are of the cars that have a similar Transformation to one another. Jazz, Smokescreen, Bluestreak, Prowl. I was watching a boxed Wheeljack on ebay for awhile, (it was in the golden coloured 'Classic' packaging, so I think the late 1980s release of the toy), but after it exceeded the $150US< I lost interest. It's so expensive!