The Greatest Transformer Toy Ever

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

So you're saying that all toy reviews are pointless and we're not allowed to criticize toys without buying every single one ourselves?
Big Show
Protoform

Post by Big Show »

Oh, I just love it when people try to argue in absolutes.

He never said that all toy reviews were worthless. Brednocon was just saying that you should not assume that somehting is bad simply because one person says it is.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Yeah, but we're talking about the Titanium Megs, and you got way more than just one criticizing it.

In fact, I don't think I've had anyone have anything positive to say about it yet.
Big Show
Protoform

Post by Big Show »

Originally posted by Tetsuro
Yeah, but we're talking about the Titanium Megs, and you got way more than just one criticizing it.

In fact, I don't think I've had anyone have anything positive to say about it yet.

Well, a good friend of mine has one, and he likes it. It's not his favorite of the Titanium series, but he certainly doesn't think it sucks.

So that's one.
ColdBain
Protoform

Titanium Megatron

Post by ColdBain »

I think he is pretty cool, just a little bit wobbly in places. Like I said, I was a bit surprized at the sheer size of them, for some reason I figured them to be the same height as the THS-02 Convoy. I think he could have benefited from more plastic though, as he does tend to fall over.
I managed to get Jetfire and Thundercracker out of their cases last night as well, and I was incredibly impressed by those two. I thought that they were pretty cool, however in the instruction manual, to transform Jetfire, the instructions indicate to put his left hand underneath the red 'tail fin' thing. Once I did so, I discovered that I could not retreive the hand, so for the moment, it's stuck in there. Looks like my next challenge is to find a way to retreive the hand without destroying the toy.
I definately think that there is a benefit to read other peoples opinions about toys, even on the internet. People tend to list different negative qualities associated with different toys, it's an execellent way (I think) to kind of 'screen' what you are after. I am not necessarily supporting the 'my friend said Titanium Megs sucks, so therefore it sucks' debate, but it is always interesting to hear about why people hate things. Who knows, what they hate, you may like.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Big Show
Size matters - just ask any honest woman!
Girth, specifically... which would probably make Slog the greatest Transformers toy...
despite how much we all want them to be for us, toys are meant for kids!
Yesss... but some of them have a lot of adults drooling over them, whilst others don't. An unremarkably designed toy that satisfies a kid because it's fun to bash off things or swoosh around or push along the floor is probably going to be less fun to someone who isn't minded to do those things.
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Doe anyone else love ColdBain for his sheer excitement over the toys? I could read his posts all day!
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
ColdBain
Protoform

Post by ColdBain »

I'm touched :)
Toys, next to my partner, my work and working out are one of my loves. I started this particulary thread to be about toys, hopefully my passion shines through :D
Megacyber
Protoform

Post by Megacyber »

I'm gonna break people's brains and say that flywheels was the best ever TF toy... (the G1 version)

No, in all honesty... Hmm... toy-wise, I love Predaking, but the G1 Megatron is sweet, too.... I'm gonna have to go with Predaking. Mine's not all together yet (still waiting for razorclaw and his various hands and feet) but I have seen him before, and he's sweet. I love how he towers the puny likes of Defensor or Superion. He goes nicely scale-wise with the classics line, too (or at least the ones I have, I havn't found megatron or optimus yet...)
ColdBain
Protoform

Starscream

Post by ColdBain »

Transformer Classics have hit the shelves in New Zealand, (well, at least in my city they have). No Megatron or Optimus yet, (or the double pack with the green tank Megatron), but the first four small guys are in. Astrotrain, Rodimus, Bumblebee, Starscream, so they are now on layby. I'm glad I managed to get these guys, especially the Starscream because ever since I saw the Robot Masters seekers, I've been wanting a descent Starscream!
Also, as a side note, my Takara Transformers Collection Re-Release Series is almost complete, my latest addition, G1 Starscream. I love this toy, but man, I had forgotten how... immobile he is. All the extra clip bits are great, but he is essentially a brick. My developing question is this;
Which of all the Starscreams released, is the best? Yes there is a Masterpiece Starscream out there, so naturally I'm assuming he'd be on people's priority list, but of all the starscreams made, could we get an order here? From memory, the Starscreams goes as follows:

G1 Starscream
G1 Starscream Pretender (Came inside a guy in green armour with a brown spikey helmet)
G2 Starscream (Repaint, Re-release)
Armada Starscream
Energon Starscream
Cybertron Starscream
Robotmasters Starscream
MP-03 Starscream
Classics Starscream

If I've missed a Starscream, please correct me! :)
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Not necessarily the # 1 best of figures, nor due its points of articulation (or lack of), but I always felt for a newer generation figure, BW Rampage was pretty neat. Yes, the limbs dangling from his back do limit this figure's potential, as it is prone to falling over if the legs are not positioned correctly, but the dangling limbs along with his creepy visage and hellish color scheme give him a rather menacing look. A very appropiate look for a "warlord" as the figure's tech spec advertises. He also has some of the best BW signature detail that I have seen (the bio-mechanical look). Though I must confess, the alternate tank mode is a bit silly and doesn't fuction as well as it should. Overall, aside from these glaring flaws, I think he is a well designed figure. Pictures here really don't do it justice (please, please, please don't take offense!!! I mean no harm by it). He'd definatley would rank in the top 10 scariest robot poll....but that's not what this is, is it?

oops :o
Mirage

Post by Mirage »

hmmm, greatest tf ever? it's a tricky one. i'd normally go for one of the cars - mirage, bluestreak or sideswipe, but you've caught me in a dinobot mood so i choose slag. looks great in both modes, nice solid transformer!
Rosalie
Protoform

Post by Rosalie »

Originally posted by Dinobot
Doe anyone else love ColdBain for his sheer excitement over the toys? I could read his posts all day!

All he needs is some kind of Stan Lee style catchphrase, and you can slap a half hour of him talking against a blue screen onto some TF DVD.
Rosalie
Protoform

Post by Rosalie »

G1 Starscream
G1 Starscream Pretender (Came inside a guy in green armour with a brown spikey helmet)
G2 Starscream (Repaint, Re-release)
Armada Starscream
Energon Starscream
Cybertron Starscream
Robotmasters Starscream
MP-03 Starscream
Classics Starscream

If I've missed a Starscream, please correct me!
Don't know if they count; but Legends of Cybertron, World Smallest, and Action Master
Screamer are absent from that list. There is also the Starscream that comes with Vector
Prime, the smaller repainted one.

You could also count that awful movie Starscream that's gone on eBay...

I like the LOC one an awful lot.

Has there been a Titaniums Starscream too? Pretty sure there has.
Rosalie
Protoform

Post by Rosalie »

Oh my current favourite list(I don't own all of these though):

G1 Grimlock
Transmetal Cheetor
Masterpiece Prime
LOC Starscream(best small TF ever, super detailed and shiny)
Classics Bumblebee
RiD Megatron(not a very good Transformer but great figure)
Alt Silverstreak(or Wheeljack not sure which)
ColdBain
Protoform

Classics are so freakin' cool!

Post by ColdBain »

I just got them today, Starscream is super cool, and I was a little scared when I saw pictures of Optimus with his Truck roof thingy resting on his back in robot mode, luckily it turns into a gun. With my smaller Classics toys (such as Bumblebee, Rodimus, Astrotrain and Starscream), I peeled the plastic covering off of the cardboard back, (as I wanted to keep the containers entact to store them in). Once I had the plastic free, I noticed that at the base of the cardboard, there was a larger section of plastic connected to the cardboard backing, and with the sides and top free, I could fold it open to get the toy out. Then I had the cool idea to buy some velcro dots, cut them up, and attach them to the cardboard where I had removed the plastic, to create something similar to how the Hasbro and Takara re-releases package their toys. If only I was this smart when I was 3.
zigzagger

Re: Classics are so freakin' cool!

Post by zigzagger »

[quote]Originally posted by ColdBain
I just got them today, Starscream is super cool
....with the rest of the 5 classic seekers not to far off I wager.
ColdBain
Protoform

Post by ColdBain »

Well they do have the slightly altered design for Ramjet, so they can easily repaint him for the Conehead Seekers, and there is also that double pack with Ultra Magnus and Thundercracker coming soon as well. Of the first wave of Classics Toys to come out, the one that I'm missing is the G1 Optimus and Tank Megatron Box set, I might pre-order it on ebay, it's cheap enough. My partner saw me googling on the internet at the classics line a couple of weeks ago, and got me the Megatron just this morning. I think, despite the wings, this is the best Megatron toy in awhile. It's a gun, it does it pretty well, and the robot mode is kick-ass, and the head mould is **** hot, I think it's absolutely great.
I heard somewhere that the Classics Line was going to be a limited release, as in, not a lot of toys are going to be released in the line. If this is the case, then I wanna know what toys ARE going to be released, because at the moment, after all these years, and being too young to get G1 toys, I've finally found a set of Transformers which I really enjoy. (As well as the 6" Titaniums obviously, with two great lines coming out, hopefully this is the sign of the times, and that more great stuff is on the way.)
BOOBS1

Post by BOOBS1 »

LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

Originally posted by ColdBain
Well they do have the slightly altered design for Ramjet, so they can easily repaint him for the Conehead Seekers,

Okay. I was wondering about that, ever since I'd heard rumor of Ramjet as a Classic. Looking at the Starscream, if had just been a repaint, Ramjet'd be crashing into even more stuff than usual... Thanks for the info!