Your first Transformer(s) ...

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Your first Transformer(s) ...

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

Everyone's collection needed to start somewhere.
So if you can remember, what was your first Transformers Toy(s)?

My first TF's were a G1 Grimlock and Skywarp that my Dad bought for me for a quarter a piece at a garage sale when I was 4.
Joke. Noun. A thing said or done to cause laughter. Something not in earnest or ridiculous.

-Slash
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Starscream... and, just talking transforming robots, Cykill. Which I got at about the same time, though I was a bit young for Starscream. Played with (and presumably got given) more toys as I was growing up, got some of the Ladybird books, then got into the UK comic later on.

I'm actually pretty young for the original era of this fandom...
Tiki Torch
Protoform

Post by Tiki Torch »

I believe my collection started with one of those g2-gobot like spychanges Ironhide and Sideswipe. Then, later, Beast Wars Cheetor.
Rampage01
Protoform

Post by Rampage01 »

I beleive my first Transformer was either Ironhide or a gobot helicopter that I don't know the name of. Both of them are still around here somewhere, though I'm not quite sure where.

I didn't really get into Transformers until Beast Wars, though. And I wouldn't even have gotten into that if I hadn't stumbled upon it while flipping channels. My first Beast Wars figures where Drill Bit and Airazor.
Rodimus Convoy

Post by Rodimus Convoy »

My first TF was the Gas Skunk/Slapper/Nightscream RiD 3-pack. My mom said if I learned to transform them all, she would buy me Optimus Prime. What she didn't tell me was that it was Armada Optimus...:glance:
Piranacon
Protoform

Post by Piranacon »

Powermaster Optimus Prime (not the reissue) back then I thought it was the original but always bugged me how come in the show he never used the trailer for the full transformation lol
________
[url=http://www.****tube.com/categories/920/orgasm/videos/1]Pregnant orgasm[/url]
Rodimus Convoy

Post by Rodimus Convoy »

Oh yeah! I almost forgot the little Vehicon I got. The reddish-purplish motorcycle one. lol... Of course I can't think of his name now, but I was like 5 when I got him.
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

I think it could be one of the protectobots, but the first one i specifically remember being given was Sludge which i got when in hospital.
I got into them quite late really due to re-runs of the show on SkyOne in the early 90's ( roughgly when i was 7 or so), i was to young to appreciate the original run and didnt help that i lived quite far from civilisation really ( for those who know of them i lived in the Outer Hebredies sp? off of Scotland ).
"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

The first transformer I got was G1 Snarl and he's been my favourite Dinobot since. The first Transformer in my house was my brother's second-hand Rachet. We were young and thought he was crap because he was missing his head. Turns out he wasn't, he just "Looks" that way

Edit: I know this is an old thread, but in case it gets "revived", I just realised my first Transformer was Gears. I forgot about that little guy... <.<
-Alex???
ravimus prime
Protoform

Post by ravimus prime »

this thread is a little old, but...
my first transformer was lio zack my father got for me at a market then a few years later, i got what i wanted for so many years...a beast wars toy, sonar. this led to silverbolt to scavenger to optimus primal, up to my last transformer, nemesis prime.
Skyswipe
Protoform

Post by Skyswipe »

The first one I had as a kid was Sideswipe. I restarted 10 years ago with the G2 combiners and Optimus.
"You know what? You can take all these Beast Machines, Beast Wars, and all the rest of them and shove them up your tailpipe. Optimus Prime is not a damn dirty ape and Megatron, Soundwave and Starscream are not "Destrongers" or "Predacons" they are DECEPTICONS and may any who say otherwise burn in the fiery pits beneath Cybertron where wicked Transformers are melted down into slag." - OldSchool80sKid

Yeah!! What he said!
Thefallenone
Protoform

Post by Thefallenone »

Armada Perceptor along with Armada Hotshot with Jolt and Armada Demolisher with Blackout
Sebulba
Protoform

Post by Sebulba »

My first TF was the yellow Cliffjumper variant. I took him to school and my friends all thought I had Bumblebee. Before I knew anything about TF's I said, "His card says Cliffjumper." They all insisted it was Bumblebee. We were all ignorant, as it turns out.

My second TF was Hound. Saved up to buy him--I think he was like $9 (!!!) I waited all day through school and everything to be taken to the store that night to buy him.

Can't remember who my third TF was. I know I got Megatron for Christmas 1984, but I think I got a couple of others between Hound and him.

It seems like most kids wanted Mirage, Sunstreaker, Wheeljack or Jazz in that first go-round. When the Dinobots arrived in the spring of 1985, stores couldn't keep them on the shelves. My first Dinobot was Snarl. My dad brought him home as a surprise. I nearly freaked out with excitement; it was an unexpected moment.

Ahhhh...TF memories...like the corners of my mind.... <vbg>
--Sebby in MO
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

My first were Sludge, Frenzy, Ravage and Thrust, shortly there after I got optimus, Mirage, Wheeljack, Bumblebee, Brawn, Sunstreaker, Shockwave, Starscream, Omega Supreme and Trailbreaker. Many on the orginal set I did not have until recently (ei Megatron, Ironhide, Sideswipe, Bluestreak, prowl, Smokescreen, Red alert, Swoop, Blaster.)
cocorubs
Protoform

Post by cocorubs »

Since I am 30 years old, I have forgotten what my very first one was. The more I think about it, I would think it would have been Megatron. I never watched the G1 cartoons at first, I didn't even know they were on TV. Megatron was given to me at my birthday party by one of my friends. It took me a year or more to realize that I had Megatron. I just thought it was a toy gun, I never even realized what it could do. I had absolutely no knowledge of Transformers. Then, as time went by, I started watching Transformers on Saturday Morning Cartoons, and I think, I had abused Megatron by that time, so I never really got a chance to play with him as a transformer.

One of my earliest was Jetfire, and he must have been one of my favorites. I remember playing in the yard with him, it was so much fun.

I do regret playing with them in the dirt, though, because I wish I could still have them. I had my share of them back in the day, and that is why I am so into the re-issues now-a-days.

I want to add something here. Sunstreaker was also a favorite of mine. I never had sideswipe, but when I did get Sunstreaker, I played with him at or national park, and had many fun times. Unfortunately, I think I broke the arm off at the time. I know Sunstreaker was one of my earlier ones which I owned.
What's the use?
Optim Shi
Protoform

Post by Optim Shi »

My first one was Sunstreaker. It went well with my brother's Sideswipe (in that they were brothers, too).

Was a great toy and I can't wait until they resissue it since I'd love another for nostalgia reasons. Of course, I'd probably not break the head off of again...

[edit]
In reading this thread, I get the feeling that my first figure may have been Hound like the poster above. Still one of my favorite figures and I love the Alternator version as well! Again, I broke the head off that one, too. Looking back, that seemed to happen fairly often :P
houndstreak
Protoform

Post by houndstreak »

I received 4 little ones for my birthday (7th I think) in order- Pipes, Bumblebee, Warpath, Outback
Justin
Protoform

Post by Justin »

The earliest ones I remember owning as a child are skullgrin and tentakill.
I remember after that getting Fireflight and hotspot at a yard sale when I was fairly young. Seems like there may have been a G1 prime of some sort in there.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Christmas 85, Gears, Prowl and Prime in that order.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Grandmaster Shockwaeve
Protoform

Post by Grandmaster Shockwaeve »

Crankcase.

What do you mean, you don't know who he is?