Chinese re-issues on Ebay?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Wildrider

Chinese re-issues on Ebay?

Post by Wildrider »

Just a question often as I peruse Ebay for the long lost E-Hobby electric pink Beachcomber, I run across re-issues of Devastator, Superion, Bruiticus, Menasor, Defensor etc etc
They are clearly from some foreign land, I think the seller comes from Hong kong, but I'm unsure of their quality.

There is a buy it now price of £7.99 with it probably doubling with shipping, i was wondering if anyone knew what quality these remakes/rip offs are? I vaguely remember hearing that the quality of the plastics is generally a bit shoddy, but I can't remember my source so it may have been my subconcious.

Anyone care to enlighten me brothers? Share your experiences and protect Wildrider from the forces of darkness and/or Ebay commerce.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Can you post a link of what you were looking at? If it's what I think it is...well...I don't want to say until I'm sure of what you're talking about.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Wildrider

It aint gonna be pretty...

Post by Wildrider »

Hmmmm lets seee

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 27624&rd=1

There is alien writing all over the box :eek:
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Those are knockoffs. They're not that good, but if you're just looking to display them, they're really not bad.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

They should be fine for standing on a shelf. For frequent transforming, have superglue ready in preparation, as some of them aren't that sturdy.
Piranacon
Protoform

Re: It aint gonna be pretty...

Post by Piranacon »

Originally posted by Wildrider
There is alien writing all over the box :eek:

It's Chinese not alien. They are ok for displaying but the plastic is pretty crappy so don't expect them to last too long if you give it to a 5 year old.
________
Halfbaked
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Given that I chose the title 'Chinese Re-issues' I did have a clue as to what the writing was so therefore...............

I was joking, although you could argue that foreign languages are alien to me in nature, so I was sort of right, being the dumb Englishman.

Thanks for the advice lads, I think I'll refrain from that purchase and get ripped off somewhere else!
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

It's the KOB-BOTS again! Did you know they now also come in miniaturized versions? Same set assortments (Menasor with two Technobot limbs etc.). Really bizarre.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.