What Is the Best Energon Toy

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Interceptor
Protoform

What Is the Best Energon Toy

Post by Interceptor »

I've just come into a bit of money, and would like opinions on what is the best Energon toy out there. I know that there are toy reviews here in TFArchive, but I'd like to hear from a variety of opinions. Thanks.
"I've got Megatron dead-center in my viewfinder!"
-Cliffjumper
Civ

Post by Civ »

I would say the best Energon, non-Armada recolored toy out there is Shockblast. You can put him into a variety of poses, he has a couple cool alternate modes, and is generally pleasing on he eyes. The only negative I have is that his huge gun arm doesn't have an elbow joint, but even with that little problem, he still kicks the crap out of any other energon figure.

My second choice would be Starscream.

My third choice would be Omega Supreme.

Energon Unicron is also up there, but I don't list him because he's just a recolored Armada Unicron.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Divebomb is my favorite
Civ

Post by Civ »

Originally posted by Random Sweep
Divebomb is my favorite

Oh yes, Divebomb is definitely a good figure as well. He completely slipped my mind.

EDIT: Just remembered a couple more. Scorponok is good, not for articulation but for the shear number of pseudomodes (see review). Landmine is also good in terms of articulation, but he really needs a waist.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Clay

Post by Clay »

Most energon toys are top of the heap. The only real exceptions are the autobots with the powerlink gimmicks built in (the deluxes and megas). Tow-Line is a big exception to that, though.

I think the little omnicons have their charms, but not everyone likes them.

Other than that, pretty much anything you pick up, you'll like :D
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Pick up the gestalt parts. If not for the whole gestalts, then fro the fact they are good toys.
Also,you can "mix and match". Buy one center peice and 4 limbs to create a gestalt of your liking(i.e., Bruticus legs, Construction's arms and storm jet).
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Terrorcons-really good. As far as the repainted molds go, I prefer the repainted colors.

Omnicons-Strongarm (first color scheme) and Arcee. Signal Flare and Offshoot are decent, but the only appeal is the fact that their left arm is a huge freakin' cannon.

Decepticons-Starscream, Demolisher, Dreadwing, Shockblast, Megs (from the Megs Vs Prime two-pack. The price alone is worth it for Megs. Prime's pretty forgetable), Scorponok (he looks much better in person than in pics).

Autobots-Hot Shot, Rodimus, Prowl (makes goocd pants for rodimus, especially with the shield covering Roddy's chest), Downshift, Towline (decent), Omega Supreme (haven't had a chance to play with him yet, since he's my Christmas present, but he's huge and the pics I've seen are awesome).

The new gestalt teams look really good.
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

Omnicon Strongarm
Terrorcon Cruellock
Autobot Omega Supreme - a titan whos resemblence to the G1 self is just a bonus to the play value and sculpt.
Decepticon Starscream maybe the best of the bunch.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sharkticon, Treadshot [Aerialbot limb], Divebomb, Starscream, Downshift and Strongarm are all quite good. Most of the other Energon figures I’ve gotten are at least decent, though; the only one that I was outright disappointed with was Rodimus.
Interceptor
Protoform

Post by Interceptor »

Originally posted by Warcry
.....the only one that I was outright disappointed with was Rodimus.

Why? That was one I really kind of wanted.
"I've got Megatron dead-center in my viewfinder!"
-Cliffjumper
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Originally posted by Interceptor
Why? That was one I really kind of wanted.
His robot mode is crap. He has laughably-oversized lower legs that are useless as far as posing is concerned. His torso is tiny, especially compared to his legs. His shoulder articulation is needlessly overcomplicated and doesn't work well for posing. His legs (specifically the grille from truck mode) get in the way of arm movements. The plastic on his heels is terribly low quality. And if that's not bad enough, he has a pin-head.

He's not irredeemably bad. The vehicle mode is really nice, he makes a nice bottom-end Powerlinx component and the colour scheme works well. But there are so many things that should have been done better.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Lambda prime
Omnicon Strongarm
Terrorcon Cruellock
Autobot Omega Supreme - a titan whos resemblence to the G1 self is just a bonus to the play value and sculpt.
Decepticon Starscream maybe the best of the bunch.

What's the bot Omega's holding in his right claw? I don't recognize that one. I can make out a starscream and various bits and pieces of what used to be a cruellock...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I'm guessing it's a repainted starscream.
malcos
Protoform

Post by malcos »

I would reccomend Downshift, Starscream and Strongarm, they all have reasonable good accessories (sp?) and ok articulation.
Thanks to Mininin for the sig.

Click here for Ravnica: City of Guilds spoilers
Originally posted by Sir Auros
fuci, everthing that movew!
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

Originally posted by Clay
What's the bot Omega's holding in his right claw? I don't recognize that one. I can make out a starscream and various bits and pieces of what used to be a cruellock...

It's Superlink Nightscream reverse baed on the new super energon charged version of Starscream in the TV show. We won't get him in the US we may get a pristine corporeal G1 Starscream, but the recent previews show him having battle damage.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground