Best toy of 2004

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
dedicon
Protoform

Best toy of 2004

Post by dedicon »

WOW!!This year was an awsome year to be a Transformers collector.With all the GF toys just floating,we are reminded of the end of Energon,which in my opinion,along with Superlink,were great lines that brought us superb toys.
We also had a real boost to the Alternators/Binaltech line. 2003 celebrated the begging of the line with Smokescreen, and 2004 gave us 8(9 if you include the Binaltechs Smokescreen modified version) new toys to the line.
Universe was a bit dissapointing for me personally,with the only memorable toy is Nemesis prime....But thats my opinion,not yours!

Add this to the G1 reissues,the Predaking reissue and the MASTERPIECE Optimus prime(or was it 2003?i really think it was this year),the first Microman/GIjoe transformer related figure(Kicker) and you get one helluva year for a TF fan.

since a poll is too small,and i am not going to pick 4,8,or even 16 best toys for this year,just write whats your favorite and give a reason.I will count the one who got the most.
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Clay

Post by Clay »

I'll pick an underdog... Sharkticon.

Just because it was only a few days ago that I figured out that his missle launchers can rotate forward for his robot mode, too.

That's just too cool.
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Masterpiece Convoy, though I doubt I'll be the last one to list him. I'm pretty sure it was the beginning of 2004 when he came out. I'd also say that BinalTech Meister was really, really sharp, too. Particularly the red "Zoom Zoom" version. Hell, the whole BinalTech line has been a high point of TFs for me. :)
Civ

Post by Civ »

Masterpiece Convoy, hands down, the best toy in 2004. I don't know about BT Meister since I'm still waiting for mine. Another notable is BT Hound. Energon Omega Supreme is also a nifty toy.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Masterpiece Convoy came out in december 2003, according to hlj.com.

Yeah, he's cool and all that, but not my favourite. Nope.

My personal favourites are dead end and meister. They are so beautiful in both modes that you can't decide in which mode to have them on display.

Meister is the god of articulation in the BT line [not counting Grimlock], but...

My best toy of 2004 vote goes for BT Dead End. He's my favourite toy. He combines my favourite colour, a fantastic car design and a beautiful robot mode. The rest...is silence. [lol]

Cool topic, dedicon ;)
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Wow, good thread. It's kind of tough to pick, considering the insane volume of releases we had this year, and a lot of them were great. I wish I had more than the first three BinAlternators to consider, but since I don't...

- Energon Megatron
Flec's selling a lot of RID, Armada, and Energon, and a few G1 toys. 'S all I'm sayin'.
The TFArchive RPG - "the most popular part of the site[!]" - Skywarp. Darn tootin'.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

I'd probably be inclined to say Binaltech/Alternators Meister.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

As wonderful as the Alternators are as display pieces, I find some of them lacking a bit in play value; Sideswipe/Dead End and Hound are handcuffed a bit by their design and lose a lot of posability. Silverstreak rises above that, though, and he’s certainly my favorite from that line so far. From the other lines, E-Treadshot was awesome, as were TFU Skywarp, the Cyberjets and the woefully overpriced Fireflight.

However, I’m gonna have to echo Clay here. Because of good articulation, a good colour scheme and a brilliant vehicle mode, Sharkticon gets my vote.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

-Alternators Dead End is very nice, as is Silverstreak (I'm not a fan of Smokescreen's decals, so this is an improvement)

-Robotmasters G1 Convoy's awesome (and I don't even like convoy/prime)

-Galvatron G (all the coolness of Megs, but easier to find shelf space for, and he's grape flavored (if only . . . :( ))

-a lot of the TFU stuff is promising (especially the ones that are some sort of homage (although, Snarl is still my favorite, but Cheetor might Depose him)).

-Battle in a box is cool. It's a shame that two of the decepticons from that series are Armada Sideswipe repaints (the one that comes with Crystal Widow's not that bad, but it's really not a good mold to begin with, and I'd rather have something like Wheeljack repainted). Overall, though, it gave me a really nice Ultra Magnus (possibly the best incarnation out there), and the BM Blackarachnia mold, which I'd never had before. I still have to pick up the Smokescreen Vs. Ransack set.

-Not much going on in the world of minicons, with a medicre update to the Perceptor and a remold of the Sabre minicons, being the only things really released (unless you count the repackaged ones with two teams each).
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

My two favorites this year are Alternators Tracks, and Energon Shockblast. Tracks because he's a gorgeous Alternator (awesome in blue!) and he's not the same style as everyone else. Shockblast because I've been anticipating him for a while. I know a lot of people don't like his longer arm, but I really like this guy.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah, he's really nice. I wish they'd made him a little larger (maybe just 50% larger, certainly the difference between mega and ultra), though. His satelite mode would have made an awesome minicon base. Maybe there'll be an oversize knockoff someday . . .
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
His satelite mode would have made an awesome minicon base. Maybe there'll be an oversize knockoff someday . . .

Thinking about something like this?

http://www.darkjedi.id.au/albums/Transf ... weapon.jpg

was playing around with it & it kind of reminded me of the Weapon of the Week from "Fire on the Mountain"... I was also rather bored :)

on topic - The best toy of 2004? It'd have to be MP-Op/convoy.. For the simple reason that it's almost perfect.

The toy(s) I enjoyed getting the most this year? Most of the Energon stuff I own falls into that catergory (including fatimus. Once I gave in & bought him, was very suprised at how cool a toy he is. Convoylettes & all)... Also consider UN Nemesis Prime to be amongst some of the better tf's I picked up this year also...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

That's niiiiice. I like it. :up:
SoundCrush
Protoform

Post by SoundCrush »

Originally posted by Clay
I'll pick an underdog... Sharkticon.

Just because it was only a few days ago that I figured out that his missle launchers can rotate forward for his robot mode, too.

That's just too cool.

:laugh:
Oh, yeah, since I only have one alternators, I'll go with Sharkticon too.
Skill without imagination gives us craftsmanship, which produces many useful objects such as wickwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us Modern Art.
- Tom Stoppard
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Alternators Meister.