Energon/Superlink combiner differences

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Clay

Energon/Superlink combiner differences

Post by Clay »

Well, I'm now officially batty for these things... in the past few days I've picked up the available energon versions of the toys. I figured the release schedule is slow enough that I should be able to afford picking them up without any problems.

Anyway...

The most dispairing difference is that Stormjet's (the energon superion's torso) knees are backward! I checked Afterburner (the superlink counterpart), and his are installed correctly.

Other minor differences include:

Some minor coloration changes

The transparent blue plastic used for the eyes and weapons is lighter on the energon versions. The eyes on the US versions glow much more easily because of this.

The superlink versions don't have the little pentagon/superlink symbol on them.

Steamhammer's combiner pegs don't ratchet like Onslaught's, Afterburner's, and Stormjet's do. My Buildron should be here Tuesday, so I'll check and see if it's isolated to the Energon version, or just something different about the mold.

That's basically it. Does anyone know when the next wave is due out?

Oh, and no one point the irony of me chastising the people gawking over the Predaking reissue in the other thread. I'm aware of it already... :p
Dead Man Wade

Re: Energon/Superlink combiner differences

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Clay
The most dispairing difference is that Stormjet's (the energon superion's torso) knees are backward! I checked Afterburner (the superlink counterpart), and his are installed correctly.

I noticed that. I thought at first that maybe mine was just screwy.
Ranma
Protoform

Post by Ranma »

yeah, superlink buildtron's links dont ratchet either. Doesnt really hurt it in the combined mode as all of the limbs are really tight, and move well. other than that, its a great set really sweet gestalt, better than the superlink superion in my opinion. Now I have to wait till christmas to open my superlink bruticus.:D
Nifty!