Predking on my doorstep

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Ultimate Weapon

Predaking on my doorstep

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Somebody left a Predaking on my doorstep. That someone is of course HOBBYlink Japan. The packaging comes sealed with a handle on the top of the box, suggesting a carrying case. Review will be posted this weekend!
-Predaking-
Protoform

Post by -Predaking- »

Grats! I hope I can get my soon (will be getting from a friend who's into dist of import toys)
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I should get mine on tuesday. :up:
Civ

Post by Civ »

So lemme get this straight, the metal version of Predaking has been reissued? If this is true, I really wished I waited for this before I bought my plastic version for waaay too much money. :(
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Clay

Post by Clay »

How much did you all pay for yours?

I've looked at them, and I just can't justify spending the prices I've seen for it.

I know it's an arbitrary line to draw, but at some point you have to decide what's too expensive.
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

The metal version is tempting, but I have a complete original plastic one, and he's in good enough condition that he won't need replacing. I only had to buy Razorclaw and Ramhorn a couple years ago, since I've had the other 3 since I was a kid. Ramhorn cost me about $30 with all parts and Razorclaw was around $40 with all parts. I guess I did end up getting one cheaper than if I had ordered this new version. The metal one would probably collapse my shelf anyway. ;)

Predaking seems to be a love-it-or-hate it type of guy, I've noticed. I like the unified color scheme, whereas others think he's a big, orange, ugly mess.
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Originally posted by Clay

I've looked at them, and I just can't justify spending the prices I've seen for it.

I know it's an arbitrary line to draw, but at some point you have to decide what's too expensive.

What Clay said=my thought about the whole G1 reissue lines.
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Ultimate Weapon

Mine cost $125 and it was worth every penny! I have no idea how some of the fandom can slag off the glory of this figure! The metal version just blows my mind! I love it!
Civ

Post by Civ »

Originally posted by Clay

Too much. As in you aren't going to find out the exact amount terms of too much. :glance:
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
Mine cost $125 and it was worth every penny! I have no idea how some of the fandom can slag off the glory of this figure! The metal version just blows my mind! I love it!

I'm not saying it ain't good,I'm saying between Sl Bruticus, Nemesis prime and BW2 Galvatron,not to mesntion 90% of the GF line that made me fall inlove with it,100+ dollars are too much for a toy i am not craving for. Sure, i like it. It looks like a good gestalt(in G1 prespective) but i will pass this one for the sake of Galaxy goodness.

Master Megatron grows on me by the minute, G Convoy looks like the perfect love child of Fire Convoy,G1 optimus and even Optimus Primal. Starscream rules, and i'm even sorry i canceled my preorder on V.Prime....

A line with multiple Convoys?this one is going to rock...
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon

Because he's a big, orange, ugly mess. © BigMaki 2004
Ultimate Weapon

Originally posted by Sixswitch

Actually he has more of a Bandai-iss feel. Due to the fact that the creator was working with Bandai at the time. Read my review for more details.
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Originally posted by Sixswitch

Wow, my first copyright. :)
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I got mine yesterday. Rock rock on! Yeah, Headstrong's still my favorite. I like everything about Rampage, except his head. Divebomb looks freakin' awesome with his wings. Predaking looks cool, but there's not much play value (a bit on the heavy side-I'm surprized they could sell the metal version. It could really kill someone if it were to fall off a shelf or something onto a kid). The wings kinda feel like an afterthought to pred, as they don't feel like they connect well.