TM2 Megatron KO problem - Pun-3x help?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Sir Auros

TM2 Megatron KO problem - Pun-3x help?

Post by Sir Auros »

Here's the kickass TM2 Megatron KO I picked up for $10 at Big Lots last Saturday, but I ran into a problem during the first transformation. The pin connecting the dragon's neck to the rest of the body fell out somewhere in my car and I haven't been able to find it. I've tried a thick paperclip, but it's not large enough to fit the hole properly. The figure's actually pretty durable for a KO other than this problem and I neglected to save the packaging thinking I could fix it myself.

Clay

Post by Clay »

Ooh... Now I want one. I guess I'll scour both of the local Big Lots this weekend...
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

well, that sucks about your pin, but besides that i must say: freakin' sweet!
Words suck. Down with words! -saysadie
To actually say which candidate has the better Iraq policy is like saying which Twinkie is more healthy. -Ultimate Weapon
I'd totally hit that Krystal chick...if she were real and sex with animals wasn't illegal. -Drspengler
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Okay...

I had a problem with a Macross jet guy that I bought from OTFCC 2003, with the pin for one wing missing.

I ended up buying a cotter pin from Home Depot (oversized). and cutting a piece off. I also hammered one end flat so it would fit snug into place.

You'll have to guess'n'check the sizes. The one I got is a .047" by 1 9/16". Of course, these are different projects, but you'll probably want to start in that size range or something.

Best I can offer. Good find though!
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Have you checked if you had a fitting piece in your (possible) junkers, you don't have a use for?

KO possibly worth getting? I've been wondering why Hasbro hasn't made a metallic colour repaint of that mold. Unless they still haven't solved the chipping paint problem.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I think it's worth getting. These aren't as well made as the Hasbro versions, but they're less flimsy than many knockoffs.

Forgot to look for a cotter pin tonight, but I did get this...
Clay

Post by Clay »

I picked up one of those today, too.

I think the glitter is a bit much.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

It also looks like you picked up the Darkwing/Dreadwing KOs I put up on ebay. ;)
Clay

Post by Clay »

Yes. Yes I did :D

I did chat with the checkout girl about the Biglots inventory, and she said they just stick on the shelves whatever they get, so I guess no TM2 knock offs for now.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Well, got a cotter pin that fits, though it's not tight and I'll need a thimble or something to jam the circular part in and make it more permanent.