Online toy store recommendations

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Online toy store recommendations

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

With the Christmas shopping season now on us I thought if anyone here has any online toy store recommendations or horror stories of bad online toy stores that should advoided that there should be the thread for it.

Care to recommend some online toy store that sell new
Transformer toys and/or wrestling action figures at reasonable prices and with decent shipping costs.
Or do you know a store that should be advoided at all costs (stuff like they rip you off, messed up the order, etc)

The only one I've delt with is action figure xpress and I
didn't have the best time with them. I was wanting the
New Year's Special Edition Convoy and I thought I had
pre-paid for it. Wrong they never took the money for the
figure that I had set aside for it! It was only when the
figure came in that they wanted their money but I spent
it by then. Now I thought when you prepay for something that the store accepts your money up front and when the item arrives you pick it up or they ship it
to you. Not when the item arrives.

So I don't recommend them if you want to pre-pay for something (like Soundblaster or Predaking) and generally they sell toys in cases which me you might have to buy 10 figures (seven you don't want or need)
to get the one that you do want (and then you might have extars that you don't need or want) so my advice
is to stay away from action figure xpress.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

If there is one that is to recommend, that's hlj.

http://www.hlj.com

Sure, it's in japan, but the prices are very low [and that's the normal price], they have sales on many good tf items, and the shipping costs are quite low. Especially if you order lots of things from them, the shipping will be almost -50%

I have bought 3 binaltech figures from that shop, and they arrived within four days! [japan to greece]

Another store [I've never dealt with it, though] is big bad toy store. Their prices are a bit higher than the usual retail price, but the 4.99 shipping to US is something you can't pass up.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I actually asked that same question a couple of months ago.

I ended up dealing with BigBadToyStore.com and being very happy with them. I went there on recommendation, and am pretty pleased.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah, Joel (the guy, who runs bigbadtoystore.com) is very good. If you have a question, he can get back to you within a day, which is impressive, considering the business he does. I go to BBTS a lot, and I've probably used him more than I've used ebay.
Optim Shi
Protoform

Post by Optim Shi »

Yes, I'd recommend BigBadToyStore.com as well. The only problem I ever had was that I was sent the wrong item (it was a new StarScream re-issue instead of Inferno(?)...) I notified them of their mistake and they immediately offered to credit me for the shipping cost to return or let me keep it for about half-price...

Well, being the sucker I am and despite the fact I already had one...I kept it. Worked out great for me in the end and they were always very polite, courteous and quick to respond.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

http://www.epicheroes.com for the UK - unlike most British online stores, they actually have stuff in stock, prices are reasonable, variety is decent for somewhere that doesn't exclusively deal with toys, let alone Transformers, and service is splendid.

Plus Snarl's place is great for second hand stuff.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Cyberstrike nTo
Now I thought when you prepay for something that the store accepts your money up front and when the item arrives you pick it up or they ship it to you. Not when the item arrives.
They can't guarantee the stock.

Oh, and please edit either the image or the text out of your sig—it's about twice the allowed height.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Also, do you have any way of keeping track of your money whatsoever? Bank statements, common sense along the lines of "boy, I have much more money than I thought I did"... If your answer to that is anything like "no", then it's hardly AHQ's fault you have the financial maturity of an 8-year old.