Kenner made Machine Wars

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Sir Auros

Kenner made Machine Wars

Post by Sir Auros »

While perusing ebay for cheap Machine Wars toys (they fascinate me because I never saw them in stores), I noticed several sellers including the keyword "Kenner." Upon looking at the photos of the carded figures, sure enough, Kenner's logo was there. Does anyone know anything about this? Was this soon after Hasbro took over Kenner or did Kenner get the license from Hasbro to make Transformers?

Without bothering to do research (I'm about to go to bed), were some Beast Wars figures released by Kenner?

Do we have Kenner to thank for ball-socket joints?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I know the BM T-Wrecks had Kenner's logo on it's instructions, so I assume they made the first year of beast wars toys.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

They did.

I still have a few of the old catologs from when I got back into collecting TF's and got Beastie's and they came with a Kenner toy catolog that had Starwars and everything else as well.

I almost think Hasbro owns Kenner actually. I'd have to look into it.

Edit, yup Hasbro owns Kenner, Milton Bradley and more

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/0,4 ... 27,00.html
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

I think Ravage is rigth, there is a big "Kenner" logo om my beastwars catalog, and it is a catalog like that ravage discriped.
first comesbatman toys, then starwars toys, then superman, and atlast the tf's.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Hasbro bought Kenner in the early 90's, and when they were losing interest in transformers, Hasbro handed the development over to Kenner, who came up with all the Beast Wars and other lines throughout that period.

a little history

The Kenner label actually was rotated out before the Kenner office and R&D was closed down and transferred back to Hasbro HQ.

In other words, MW=Kenner with Hasbro stamp. (I think... it fits the timeframe).