Where does BBTS get off charging prices like this?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Wildfire Herald

Where does BBTS get off charging prices like this?

Post by Wildfire Herald »

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/vintage/p ... t=c442p021

Seriously, $55 for Scissorboy??? Do you think anyone has ever mentioned to them that no one is ever going to pay that when other sites sell it for WAY less? I know I've seen it elsewheres (can't remember where exactly) for about $7 and I'm sure you could find one on Ebay for not more than $10. I know BBTS likes to make ridiculous mark-ups but Christ...
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Vintage is very much a double-edge sword. Sometimes you get good deals, but sometimes, you'd get raped if you buy it. Generally, half the G1/G2 is overpriced, and the other US stuff is a bit more reasonable. Japanese stuff can be pricey.
Wildfire Herald

Post by Wildfire Herald »

Yeah, but that's a Beast Wars II figure, it's not vintage, I don't even know why they would list it as such. If it were a boxed G1 Japanese item, then yes, I could see the $55 price tag being reasonable, but that came out in 97 or somewhere around there.
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Wildfire Herald
Yeah, but that's a Beast Wars II figure, it's not vintage, I don't even know why they would list it as such. If it were a boxed G1 Japanese item, then yes, I could see the $55 price tag being reasonable, but that came out in 97 or somewhere around there.

It's vintage in the sense that it's an old line not available at retail, and a boxed import on top of that. They are having a sale on their vintage stuff... 50% or 60% off or something. It'd be a lot less than that with the discount.

As the saying goes, if you don't like it, don't buy it... if enough people don't like it, the price goes down.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Vintage, nothing. That's too pricey. And if they are having a sale on something overpriced...that sounds like what Kaybee Toys was doing. And lost a lawsuit over.

But you're right. Just don't buy it. It does reflect rather poorly on BBTS, though.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Actually, the lawsuit was that KB was calling an item a sale item even after it had been "on sale" for an undetermined amount of time. That's why they put the date of when it was sold at its original price on the price tags now.