my first gestalt!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Vash Stampede
Protoform

my first gestalt!

Post by Vash Stampede »

Hey everybody i just bought my very first gestalt!!:) :) :)
I'm kinda dissappointed though the four combiners that make my gestalt (Landfill) are a downer they hgave too many joints and in vehicle modes all look like cubes. But in gestalt form Landfill looks just awesome!:) :) :D
Vash:Normally when you buy an old, used bike, you're supposed to repair it before riding it!
Wolfwood:Are you dissing my beautiful shiny Angelina II?!
Vash:I'm dissing YOU, not your stupid broken bike!
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

What version did you get? I've been looking for the original Car Robots/RiD colour version, but haven't found one at reasonable (with posting) price.

If you're looking to buy more gestalts in the future, I'd recommend BW combiners. Most prefer Magnaboss, but I''ve got a soft spot for Tripredacus.
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

congrats,welcome to tfa.and nice nick :)
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Cool beans.

Personally, I always thought that two of the robots that formed Landfill were pure, unadulterated ass. But hey...

I'll second the BW combiners, and suggest that you check out the upcoming Energron combiners. I've always been partial to the Micromaster gestalts, as well.
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

Or if you can find them at a decent price - Rail Racer (another one of the Combiners from RiD) also rocks rather much... Trainbots unite!
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by deej
Or if you can find them at a decent price - Rail Racer (another one of the Combiners from RiD) also rocks rather much... Trainbots unite!

Yeah, I just completely spaced.

Go get Rail Racer/JRX. He's one of the few original RID toys that wasn't crap.
SoundCrush
Protoform

Post by SoundCrush »

Ahhhhh.
I remember my first gestalt. It was the G2 reissue of Superion and got for Christmas on 1992. Oh the fun I had with them. Unfortunatly, I stepped on Slingshot and busted him up seriously, so Superion is now a lefty.
Skill without imagination gives us craftsmanship, which produces many useful objects such as wickwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us Modern Art.
- Tom Stoppard
SilverBullet00
Protoform

Post by SilverBullet00 »

Since we're talking about first gesalts, my first gesalt is a G2 Devastator. I was able to pick one up recently off of eBay. I wanted the G2 version mainly because that's the version I remember as a kid. The most I had as a kid was 3 Constructicons at a time. By the time I had picked up a 4th one, I either lost one or it broke from playing with it outside, so finally getting a complete version made me feel good inside.:D
________
Pot
megassuprume
Protoform

my first gesault

Post by megassuprume »

it was a micromaster. it was sixtrain. I have a lot of micromasters. all parts together
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

A little old topic, but...

Got RiD Landfill few weeks ago. Been transforming it into different modes yesterday (too busy to have been able to do that before...), and I start to understand different comments about it.

For the positive side goes clearly the different kind of combining mechanism. Great fun. Also vehicle modes are nice though blocky. Transformations are simple, but have a few nice twsists that I appreciate. Hightower and Heavyload have nice robot modes as well.

Negative is the overall colour schemes. That combined with robot modes' "men in metal suits" look (especially Wedge's and Heavyload's faces, yes faces, think of Wildman's late Marvel US versions of robot heads) and these don't feel like transformers. Instead of Rail Racer screaming "Takara design", build team feels more like something made by Tonka.

Still I love the combiner, and if they re-molded Grimlock's hands, made their faces more robotic, gave them a better colour scheme (no Devastator colours), I'd buy another one.

Tripredacus still keeps it's place as my favourite.
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

my first gestalt was iter Tripredacus or piranacon.

both great geatalt, I don't know why people always think piranacon is strange...
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

My first gestalt was either G1 devastator or G1 defensor [or both of them together, can't remember].

However, they are totally outclassed by today's gestalts. I only own Magnaboss, and I'd like to have JRX, but money's a bit tight ^^
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

I believe my first was Bruticus, but I got him about the same time as Superion and Menasor, so it could've been one of the others who was my first complete one. Predaking took me the longest, 16 years between when I got the first figure and when I got the last. :)
Vash Stampede
Protoform

Post by Vash Stampede »

i really wnna get a devastator he just looks so kewl and he was the original gestalt the first one. so if u are selling him or know of ne1 who is plz tell me i'm quite willing to buy!!:D
Vash:Normally when you buy an old, used bike, you're supposed to repair it before riding it!
Wolfwood:Are you dissing my beautiful shiny Angelina II?!
Vash:I'm dissing YOU, not your stupid broken bike!
-Predaking-
Protoform

Post by -Predaking- »

I have the following gestalts:
Devastator (really want a giftset..maybe next year)
Predaking (I got 2..and will be getting the reissue too)
Bruticus
Piranacon
Abominus
Tripredacus
RID Bruticus
Walmart recolor Bruticus
Landfill

I like all the G1 gestalts the best..save for Bruticus because it's got too many reissues. Pred is still my all time fave that's what I shelled out a lot for 2 complete. I am looking forward to the Energon (will get Devastator and Bruticus and leave Superior for my bro) and I hope to get Sixwing in the future.
Clay

Post by Clay »

What's Tripredacus?

/lazy

/edit this thing?
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by Clay
What's Tripredacus?

/lazy

/edit this thing?

Yep. Beast Wars combiner.

It's Japanese version Tripledacus has so bizarre colours, that I'll propably have to get one sometime later.