The eternal question - To Open, or not?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
deej
Protoform

The eternal question - To Open, or not?

Post by deej »

and I hate it... finally getting my hands on UN Nemesis Prime today & my MIB JRX giftset should be rocking up in the next day or two.. now.. the big question is "to open, or not"? same with the EN repaints of Demolisher & Cyclonus - I just can't decide if I really want to open them up, or to leave them in their boxes for the time being.. It's all just too damn hard...

I'm sure one day I might sell a few, but the likelyhood of that happening is slim (I'm a hoarder dammit!), so who knows....
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

It's a toy. It's meant to played with.

OPEN IT.:)
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

deej,you know what will happen in the end.since you dont have those toys yet,leaving it in voxes will drive you insane.the temptation will eat you until youll have no choise but to either own another copy of the toys or just open the ones u got.since those toys arent cheap,u will probebly do the later after a mental breakdown.....

just save yourself the truble,and open the cool yet pricy toys now.
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

You've a good & strangely valid point there ded :D

where'd those scissors go......
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Scissors? Just yank the thing open!!!
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

they is toys
open them ...now !

unless you plan to be the new cocorubs :p
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Open them! Free the toys from their box-prisons! They're "Transfomers", not "Look-at-ers!" :)
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

look at ers robots in a box
they wont do any thing apart from stare at you
look aters robots in a box

yeah ill shut up now
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Huffer_Sucks
Protoform

Post by Huffer_Sucks »

Easy, open. Besides, on display it will look a lot better out of the box then inside it!

Hehe...
Clay

Post by Clay »

Pssh...

I get the silly things to play with them... that's hard to do inside the box :)
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

oh so very true... It's just.. some things look nice as display pieces in the box (eg alternators...)..

but hey - Glad I opened UN Nemesis Prime... even if the instructions that come with him are horrid pieces of crap deserving of being burnt for being so utterly useless..

I mean - WTF is the deal with packaging him in Bot mode, yet giving you instructions that tell you how to get him from Alt mode to Bot mode??? because like with any hasbro instructions, working in reverse is even harder than it is to go forwards (alt smokescreen anyone?)... Still - got it sorted... damn he rocks :) can't wait till JRX turns up tomorrow to see how good/bad/indifferent takara are with instructions :)
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by bluekatt
unless you plan to be the new cocorubs :p

Which is better, the American of the Japanese version? Why? Which will be worth more down the road? Which will get me assloads of money on Ebay? What does MISB mean? Do you think someone would buy collection of reissues for $1500? Does it really matter is anyone answers my questions, since I'm going to ignore their responses and ask the same questions again in twenty minutes?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

LOL

What happened to him, anyway?

Opens them, I say . . .
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

It depends on what you are buying. If it's anything after G2, it'll be better out of the box.

Some fuss is created about the armada seekers, but those are some of the most valuable pieces after 200.

Nemesis Prime is just too silly a piece to be kept in the box. Is his waist turned around while in the box or am I wrong? I have to say that the gestalt trains will look better combined than in their boxes.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Got my JRX set today. Though I just tacked them to the wall before I left for lunch.
SoundCrush
Protoform

Post by SoundCrush »

You should always open it unless its vintage G1.
There TFs, not StarWars figures.
Skill without imagination gives us craftsmanship, which produces many useful objects such as wickwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us Modern Art.
- Tom Stoppard
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I'd always open it, even a vintage tf. I wouldn't buy it otherwise . . .
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by fort_max
Which is better, the American of the Japanese version? Why? Which will be worth more down the road? Which will get me assloads of money on Ebay? What does MISB mean? Do you think someone would buy collection of reissues for $1500? Does it really matter is anyone answers my questions, since I'm going to ignore their responses and ask the same questions again in twenty minutes?

Congratulations, you have succesfully aplied for the post of the new Cocorubs. You can start on Monday (assuming the old one doesn't come back). ;)
Originally posted by deej
but hey - Glad I opened UN Nemesis Prime... even if the instructions that come with him are horrid pieces of crap deserving of being burnt for being so utterly useless..

Ah, good to see Hasbro are still maintaning their high standards...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
Congratulations, you have succesfully aplied for the post of the new Cocorubs. You can start on Monday (assuming the old one doesn't come back).

Didn't he get banned or something?

and gah - still no jrx.. damn seller "oh, your payment landed a couple of days back.. just haven't sent it yet"...

at least I figured out how Nemesis Prime transforms :P
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Originally posted by deej
Didn't he get banned or something?

and gah - still no jrx.. damn seller "oh, your payment landed a couple of days back.. just haven't sent it yet"...

at least I figured out how Nemesis Prime transforms :P

heh.im still waiting on my e-prime from the canedian who calls me obed.and i ordered that in july!
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!