Superlink Superion reviewed

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Nevermore

Superlink Superion reviewed

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

The Warthogs look like poo. I may just get 2 out of the original 5. Then again I may splurge and get them all when I see them on the shelf. Are they being solicited as a group or individually from Hasbro?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Individually the moulds aren't bad. The arms in combined mode really suffer. I mean, would it really have hurt to have proper clip-on fists?
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Well he definetly looks alien. It is not a far stretch to imagine that sentient robots from another planet need have the same charaterictic 5 fingers, 5 toes to have relevance. Even from earth's own myth's about robots from other planets. Which hardly contain anything in the form of a human model. The question being is it really necessary for a robot to have the 5 finger model in order to accomplish a given task? Any alternatives to this solution can be presented in a myriad of outcomes and possibilities. This picture being the best representation of the combined form.

http://popculturepooka.com/Galleries/Su ... ion008.jpg
SoundCrush
Protoform

Post by SoundCrush »

Wow, Superion looks pretty sweet. Nice and smooth, except for the arms. They look a little blocky.
Skill without imagination gives us craftsmanship, which produces many useful objects such as wickwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us Modern Art.
- Tom Stoppard
Clay

Post by Clay »

So when can I look forward to not finding this in the store?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Clay
So when can I look forward to not finding this in the store?

From what I understand, Treadshot and Sky Shadow will be available in the next ten days. As will the first Constructicon basics - Dust Storm and Sledge

I believe that Storm Jet and Steamhammer are also due out over the course of the next month.

I am yet to see any confirmed availability dates for Windrazor and Terradive. Nor for Bonecrusher and Wideload.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
is it really necessary for a robot to have the 5 finger model in order to accomplish a given task?
Omega seems to get by. I do think they're taking the piss by nailing a table to each of Superion's wrists, though.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Illyria
From what I understand, Treadshot and Sky Shadow will be available in the next ten days. As will the first Constructicon basics - Dust Storm and Sledge

I believe that Storm Jet and Steamhammer are also due out over the course of the next month.

I am yet to see any confirmed availability dates for Windrazor and Terradive. Nor for Bonecrusher and Wideload.

Hmm. Not around here... they put out some new (heh--rodimus and prowl) deluxes on the shelves a few weeks ago, but the basics are still overloaded with battle ravages and energon sabers. I have about two local wal marts that I can check easily, but the other stores are far enough away to not really bother.

So... these won't be sold as a box set stateside?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

They're being released individually in two waves, I think.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by Illyria

From what I've been able to gather, it seems Hasbro won't be releasing them until January or so.
Wildfire Herald

Post by Wildfire Herald »

I still think the hands and feet are stupid, but I'm not minding the use of the molds twice on the smaller members so much anymore.
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers