Rare Energon toys you got to have?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
P1atinumGQ
Protoform

Rare Energon toys you got to have?

Post by P1atinumGQ »

Hey guys I've been away from collection transformers from a while. I basically stopped after Beast Machines. A month ago I saw Unicron on sale at Target for $20 so I thought I'd buy it. Well, behold, that got me started again. I picked up Shockblast today at a remote TRU for $20 and an Omega Supreme on sale for $30 at a remote Target. I had no idea Shockblast was so wanted until I looked on the forum posts just now. I also saw a Slugslinger, a Downshift, a Battle Command Ravage, and Insecticons at these places. Worth getting? If there are any other "rare" or highly sought after Energon toys I should know about please let me know. Thx.
Civ

Post by Civ »

I have Battle Ravage and I personally like the little guy.

I really want a Downshift. I'm not too sure about SlugSlinger because he didn't appeal to me in the photos but neither did Scorponok and I love him.

You got Omega Supreme for that cost? I'm going to have to plan a raid on your living establishment then. :p

I don't have Insecticon, so I don't know what to think about him; however, I have Shockblast and he's far and away the best Energon figure I've seen yet, in my opinion. I also don't have Downshift but I do plan on getting him.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

I think Insecticon is probably an acquired taste. I have him and I think he's great; there's a certain charm to his chunkiness.

As for which Energon toys are the most sought after, I'd say basically anything post-Wave 2 is hard to come by for many people as Hasbro seems to be having some serious distribution problems.
P1atinumGQ
Protoform

Post by P1atinumGQ »

Hm, maybe I should have gotten that Downshift today then. Heh but that Walmart is at least 25 minutes drive. None of my local stores have any rare stuff. =\ Not sure if such a long drive is worth it to get it.

From a distribution standpoint, it seems like Hasbro is having a ton of problems. My local stores have been stocked to the brim with Ironhides, Scorponoks, Landmines, and many of the basics... nothing else. I did see a few Rodimus toys lying around. Worth getting? It looks pretty cool. I would've gotten it today but I felt guilty spending so much on TF's in one day haha.

And what's with the prices on toys these days? The Megatron's $40?? I was planning on getting it since it's a great homage to Galvatron G1 but man, that's way too much to pay.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Rodimus is worth getting.

Think Energon Megatron is a G1 Galvatron homage? Just wait till Energon Galvatron comes out...

The distributing problems seem to be a combination of a very weak first wave of toys that have been warming pegs since last December (Ironhide especially, but also Inferno and Hot Shot) and retailers reluctant to restock during the low sales of toys during the spring and summer months. It's still pathetic though...
P1atinumGQ
Protoform

Post by P1atinumGQ »

Just picked up Scorponok (marked down to $14.99), Towline, and Downshift today at a TRU for the sale. All for $26! I'm happy. All in mint cards/boxes too. Ok time to hit up another TRU. :D
KillswitchCrux
Protoform

Post by KillswitchCrux »

Originally posted by Civ
I have Battle Ravage and I personally like the little guy.

I got a Battle Ravage just yesterday!! He's awesome. But where's his tech specs?
Such heroic nonsense!!!
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by KillswitchCrux
I got a Battle Ravage just yesterday!! He's awesome. But where's his tech specs?

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/ener ... efault.cfm
KillswitchCrux
Protoform

Post by KillswitchCrux »

cool. thanks.
Such heroic nonsense!!!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Civ

however, I have Shockblast and he's far and away the best Energon figure I've seen yet, in my opinion.

Please don't say that... there are plenty of us here that have never even seen one around. :\
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

im bidding on a black rodimus.wish me luck ;)
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

I picked up Shockblast, Mirage and Cliffjumper a couple of weeks back - nothing new since then. But as I got them at the Wal-mart in Whitehorse, I didn't think they were rare.....
ESKiM0J03
Protoform

Post by ESKiM0J03 »

have all the energon us figs except tidal wave because buying a lame repaint of a fig i hate doesnt make sense and also missing downshift which i think someone got me for mybday :D
BET YOU DiDNT KNOW i WAS A NiNjA!!!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Well, everything after Demolisher's pretty rare, so I'd have to say Shockblast and Downshift are the big two. May or may not get Dreadwing, depending on funds. I really hope they do the divebomb repaint soon. I'm not entirely fussed about the gestalts. I'm really only getting the parts I like (maybe the whole bruticus, since he's my second favorite gestalt (behind abominus)).
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

For Superion and Bruticus - There's only 3 parts and 2 repaints to get. There's only 2 different molds for the arms and legs (Bruticus is 2 Hellicopers, same mold, and 2 tanks same mold, Superion is 2 different jets with 2 different paint schemes).

Still I like the combiners and not 100% against repaints, So, when I see then, I'm getting them
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Downshift is on my hit list for the next purchase. And Iam only getting a few of the Bruticus, Superion Combiners. Not overly impressed with their combined forms. And I want the Dinobots whenever they get released.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I was happy to get Arcee; haven't seen any in UK stores. Could've waited to get Battle Ravage, but was happy to get one ahead of time.

I've gone off the idea of the Energon Dinobots a bit. They could have been so much better with very few mould and paint tweaks.

Still like the idea of Shockblast, though.
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

For once hasbro has sent out a nice spead as far as Energon goes... well down here in Aus. anyways

There seem to be multiples of all the toys around. It is just a pity that I have only found a few Energon figures that I actually like ( Divebomb rocks )
SoundCrush
Protoform

Post by SoundCrush »

I just got Insecticon and he is an acquired taste. You have to really like the BugBots, which I do. Personally, I'm waiting for Sharkticon to come out. I WANT HIM SO BADLY. That and Meister.
Skill without imagination gives us craftsmanship, which produces many useful objects such as wickwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us Modern Art.
- Tom Stoppard
Ranma
Protoform

Post by Ranma »

I have just found bulkhead, slugslinger sharkticon and tow-line
and the are all freakin schweet and anyone with out one should just die off right now.

a warning about slugslinger though, he has the most convoluted and difficult transformation scheme I have ever seen, worse then rid megatron and magnus.
Nifty!