when how and why did the nostalgia come back to you?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
dedicon
Protoform

when how and why did the nostalgia come back to you?

Post by dedicon »

i guess everyone has their story.why not tell it?
how,why,when(and for some even where) did you restart "collecting" transformers?
mine started with rid megatron.i bought it for my niece's birthday. which turned out to be a huge mistake cause i picked a very complex transformer for a 7 year old child.
hell,i remember sitting and spending half an hour to transform him to all his modes.she ended up leaving it to me :)
she plays with it every time she visits(my brother is divorced so we get to see her only once in 2 weekends).

last year i got her the street action team(she manged transformeing them) and in 2 weeks she is 9
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
King Fargo
Protoform

Post by King Fargo »

When I saw "Transformers" in the TV guide one week, and found RiD. Then I bought RiDimus Prime. Then UltRiD Magnus and AR Screamer. And it started...
Sig? I don't need no steenkin' sig!
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

It's never really been a matter of 'restarting'. I collected them when I was a kid, and then they just sort of disappeared (was never able to find much of Gen 2 around here). Then BW started and I started collecting those.
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

Last year after buying a smallest Optimus prime on a whim on ebay.
I never really was a big toys collector i usually stuck and still do with the comics.
More interested in that .
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Piranacon
Protoform

Post by Piranacon »

When i got the internet and downloaded the movie. I was like this stuff is the %^&*.
________
[url=http://www.****tube.com/categories/1137/teacher/videos/1]UPSKIRT TEACHER[/url]
Baxter

Post by Baxter »

Someone brought in the Movie at work and we started playing it on a Plasma TV. I tried to watch RID, but never got into it. I was at Wal-Mart and picked up Supercon Optimus Prime and it went from there.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

My mom's friend bought me the movie on VHS at the same time I started seeing RiD toys on the shelves, and that combination sent me searching the net for info on all the Transformers I never had.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The comics never really went away for me, the increasing tatty pile on top of my bookcase would be frequently reread during the wilderness years...

Toy wise, it was when my best mate brought me RID Sideburn as a birthday present. At the time I thought I might end up with one or two more. Right now I must be hurtling towards a 100...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Nostalgia? Never left. Picked up a fair number of TFs during the period they weren't widely available and product was thin on the shelves, and you used to be able to find lots at the UK equivalent of yard sales.
KillTheKids
Protoform

Post by KillTheKids »

Nostalgia? None. Just got into it last year, with the allure of cool gimmick-ridden toys.

GIMME ALL YOUR TOYS! SEND IT TO 123 FAKE STREET
Orion1
Protoform

Post by Orion1 »

When I first started to work at Toymaster last november. Being able to get the latest Transformers, with 20% staff discount :D

That, and watching the movie on VHS for the first time in 6 years, then buying the movie soundtrack from http://www.amazon.co.uk

The Touch is one of my most favourite songs of all time, every time I play it, it makes my hairs stand up on end, it just sends a wave of nostalgia over me.
"No matter the distance"
Skyswipe
Protoform

Post by Skyswipe »

It never really went away for me. I would rent the movie from time to time, then when G2 came along, I started collecting all the comics and a few figures. The figure collection didn't really get rolling until about 3 years ago.
"You know what? You can take all these Beast Machines, Beast Wars, and all the rest of them and shove them up your tailpipe. Optimus Prime is not a damn dirty ape and Megatron, Soundwave and Starscream are not "Destrongers" or "Predacons" they are DECEPTICONS and may any who say otherwise burn in the fiery pits beneath Cybertron where wicked Transformers are melted down into slag." - OldSchool80sKid

Yeah!! What he said!