Images of Superlink Recolours

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Halfshell

Images of Superlink Recolours

Post by Halfshell »

I apologise if this has been posted previously. I felt many of you would appreciate seeing the "Super Mode" versions of the toys.

Although being available for preorder for some time, Hobbylink Japan have only now added images to the item pages.

Supermode Nightscream [Starscream] - potentially Thundercracker in Energon, as per Micron Legend/Armada
http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?TAK57601

Supermode Galvatron [Megatron] - no surprise on the colourscheme. We all knew it was inevitable.
http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?TAK57603

Supermode Skyfire [Jetfire; mislabelled as Skyline in true HLJ fashion] - reminiscent of Armada Powerlinx Jetfire, as per Starscream/Nightscream
http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?TAK57604

Supermode Roadbuster [Ironhide] - looking very much like Hoist.
http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?TAK57605

Supermode Hotshot
http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?TAK57606

Supermode Inferno
http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?TAK57607

Thus ends this public service announcement. Please return your seats to the upright position and ensure that all seatbelts are fastened before landing.

Have a nice day.
Shockmeister
Protoform

Post by Shockmeister »

Nightscream: I had to check for pics of his former self to see if there was a difference, though it's clear enough now. Not very fond of that one, but it could be much worse.

Galvatron: I like purple. That's a fact. Unfortunately, that particular purple just doesn't seem dark enough for the Head Evil Nasty Bloke of Energon/Superlink. A bit too...feminine, for lack of better term. (no offense meant to anyone)

Skyfire: I like him. IMO, a considerable improvement over the rustic-brown colour scheme of before.

Roadbuster: I like him, too. Will they call him Roadbuster in Energon? That's just such a cool name...But yeah, he does look Hoist-ish.

Hot Shot: I prefer the silver to the yellow of before...but that's about as much nice stuff as I can say about this guy.

Inferno: Blazing orange. It does go with the character, true. That doesn't stop it from being very goofy in appearance.
Sig-image by DrEvil. He rules...
"I was given a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler." - Jack Kirby's WW2 experience.
The Wild One

Post by The Wild One »

I actually like Galvatron and Jetire. I now have a reason to get the Jetfire mold.
It's time to get wild!!!!!
The Wild One
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Seen em all before. Galvatron is looking brighter than before in the other pic I saw. It's still the G1 Homage.
Nightscream is true to the G1 Starscream also. He looks ugly though.. maybe things will change. It's still the G1 Homage.
Roadbuster. I think he looks a little more like Hound with the star but could also be like also. It's still the G1 Homage.
Inferno=Grapple? G1 Name homage. Don't like the scheme though.

Hot Shot... I don't like orange extremely well so I'll pass. If it was silver and black it would be better.

Skyfire has a nice scheme. I like him...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I have the agree with Dr Evil about the whole hound thing. Hot Shot looks good. Hope they release the Galvy in US. Pass on the rest.
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

I'm very impressed with the Galvatron repaint. I WILL buy it. And, yes, it is G1 homage, but you know- its nice to further the transformers' evolution as toys while paying respect to the foundation of that evolution at the same time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
Kiryu
Protoform

Post by Kiryu »

Is that the final product on Galvy? If not I hope they do some work with the tank, if not I'll just swap it for the one that came with Megatron, but use Galvatron's sword.

Hope the purple becomes a lot darker.

Jetfire looks cool. But I prefer his current mostly red color scheme
deej
Protoform

Re: Images of Superlink Recolours

Post by deej »

Originally posted by Illyria
Supermode Nightscream [Starscream] - potentially Thundercracker in Energon, as per Micron Legend/Armada
http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?TAK57601

Have a nice day.

Ahh - maybe the new Colour scheme for Nightscream is due to some rumour going around about him becoming solid & loosing his ability to 'port...

and thanks - I will have a good day :D
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

i love the new starscream.the other one was better though.
still,ill get this.
the new jetfire is nicer.
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
King Fargo
Protoform

Post by King Fargo »

I'll get Galvy and Screamer. And think about Jetfire, then stop thinking, coz I'll need the cash for other things.
Sig? I don't need no steenkin' sig!
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Supermode Nightscream looks better than the upcoming Hasbro version. Shame I can't say the same for Hot Shot; Hasbro's version tones down the orange. Supermode Skyfire looks a bit dodgy, IMO.
Sevrian
Protoform

Post by Sevrian »

I don't know about the rest of those, but Supermode Hotshot (Called Energon Hotshot on the package) from hasbro looks a lot diferrant from the one shown there (the Takara verison, I believe)

Basically, all the orange on him in that pic is now yellow, and there's more silver added to his torso. Also, his gun is now translucent orange, with a red missile. IMO it looks really nice, much better than his original color, and the one shown there.

I have no idea if that was old news or not, whether anyone else has him yet and so forth, but whatever.

If anyone wants pics, I can scan some in or something, since I have no webcam, but it would require me to un-earth my scanner, as it's buried about a foot deep in stuff, and the power cord is behind the desk, and I don't even want to KNOW what's back there...

So basically I'll wait until I know if anyone wants to see.