POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Re: NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Post by Tantrum » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:19 pm

Clay wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:39 pm
Tantrum wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:49 pm
Clay wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:47 pm
I have a junker hoist around here somewhere. I'll see if I can work out how to open up the wrists for part removal.
Much appreciated.
Let's see if google drive will let me share pictures since photobucket has gone all wonky on me.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... SAFaVu3lGd

If not, PM me with an email address and I'll add you to the folder. When/if you can see the pictures, the two parts holding the forearm together are the green cuff and a screw on the back of the elbow. The cuff isn't glued in place on the g1 figure, but I don't know about the various reissues. Another strategy would be to depress the orange tab like you're trying to fire the missile and point it to the ground while shaking it. You may get lucky and the broken peg will just fall out.

Night bird is the same base mold as green dancer and red femme, yeah? I'll dig those out and have a look.
I tried to PM you, but don't know how to make messages leave my Outbox. Hoist's cuff wouldn't come off, so it may be glued. I took out the screw like you said, and was able to get a screwdriver in there and push out the blockage. He now has a missile hand that slides in and out easily. Thanks for the advice.

Edit: The pin in Nightbird's elbow was bent. I got it out, and now it works OK, it's just a bit weaker than the other arm. So, I'm all set with that one, too.
Last edited by Tantrum on Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeavyArms
Protoform

Re: POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Post by HeavyArms » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:41 pm

Earthrise Starscream & Studio Series Mixmaster.

These two I bought a bit earlier than expected because they are apparently short-packed in their wave assortments, like three-to-one short-pack.

MMC Kultur (Not-Tarn) - This is actually my first third-party figure.

I also bought two dozen 'Rise Of The Combiner' booster packs acquiring maybe three Aerialbots, a Stunticon and Hot Rod as particular favorites.

Warcry

Post by Warcry » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:27 am

Tantrum wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:19 pm
I tried to PM you, but don't know how to make messages leave my Outbox.
It's confusing, but on this software PMs don't leave your Outbox until the person you sent to to actually reads them.

Clay

Post by Clay » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:10 pm

Tantrum wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:19 pm
Edit: The pin in Nightbird's elbow was bent. I got it out, and now it works OK, it's just a bit weaker than the other arm. So, I'm all set with that one, too.
Good to hear, especially since after looking at the POTP versions, they don't have the pins in their shoulders. Part of the retooling, I guess.

As for me, I've picked up several things.

Siege Crosshairs... bought locally. Oddly enough, he seems bulkier than Ratchet even though they're the same mold. I like... his simplicity, both in transformation and visual style. Absolute unit.

I got a box today from bbts, mostly of stuff I couldn't find at retail.

Siege Apeface... I see what people mean by the ugliness of the plastic. First thing it reminded me of was the old glow-in-the-dark plastics from the late 80's/early 90's. Whatever happened to that stuff? I haven't seen it used since... well, since the late 80's/early 90's. Anyway, Apeface complements his Titans Return counterpart nicely, and is neatly in the same design of "make the same thing again, but with knees and elbows this time" as the bulk of TR. The jet mode is... not aerodynamic at all, so it's a spaceship to me. Sorted. Gorilla mode is similarly compromised, but I like it anyway. The modes all look more utilitarian than functional disguises, so it works. Now the wait for Snapdragon begins!

Siege micromasters... got the rest of the micros (waves one and two, I think), including the other cassettes, Ravage and Laserbeak. They're better in person than they are in pictures, although maybe I was being too skeptical of them. Given that the masterpiece versions already exist and are rather stellar, the siege figures do their job of being accessories to Soundblaster just fine. Laserbeak's feet even appear to be made to fit into notches on Soundblaster's wrist and shoulder, although I can seem to get it to work. Ratbat doesn't do that as far as I can tell.

The feature presentation of the box was masterpiece movie Ironhide (GMC Topkick). He's a hot mess! Lots of clever and inventive little tricks to get this piece or that here or there, but it's got some serious faults, no doubt. I'll post about him in a few days after I get used to him.

HeavyArms
Protoform

Re: POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Post by HeavyArms » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:22 pm

Studio Series WWII Autobot Hot Rod & Arcee, Chromia & Elita-1: 3-Pack -
The last figures that I could find of there wave at a K-Mart.

Studio Series Megatron (Transformers 1)
One of the only two that I've found in my area.