[New RPG] World at War: The Siege of Iacon

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

South East Border, Iacon

Terabolt continued with the debris for a bit longer, then would stop all together when the mines went off. It was time to rest and regather her strength for the coming forces.

When she spotted Springer returning with an injured Jazz, Terabolt moved swiftly towards them, transforming as she reached them and taking up position behind them, to aid Topspin in protecting them.

"Can you hold up or do you need to fall back to the base?" Terabolt would ask towards Jazz, but keeping her eye on the troops, taking care of any that came in close enough to engage with her swords.

Iacon Airspace

"Yeah they might hold up better, but they're not immune. They'll still feel it and still get distracted by it, and that'll make it easier to get in our shots," Dirge replied to Ramjet.

When the Autobot fired his missles, Dirge would release a few flares to draw the missiles off target and roll out of the way, then fire off one of his own at his opponent.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Warehouses:

"I'm not sure I want to answer that", Tracks muttered to himself.

Nightbeat checked the control board for the AA guns. "Go ahead. Better to die a warrior's death, right?"

"My goal is to leave a beautiful shell. Not a pile of half-melted shavings." Sighing, Tracks activated his commlink. "I'm still alive, and more or less in one piece. Where do you want me, Prowl?"

Wall:

Windcharger skidded to a stop, transforming to robot mode, his hands retracting and his magnetic field emitters sliding out. Raising the emitters, he fired them up, the waves of electromagnetic energy pushing the oncoming missiles back towards the approaching Decepticon hordes.

War Room:

"We ain't gonna go out there t'tawlk t'him, Sent'nel. We go meet Megatron, we're gonna want to crush him. Prob'ly as fast as we can. Mahght be th' only thing that'll stop this. We're gnna need more'n just th' two'a us."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC: Thundertron = :up: )

Iacon Airspace

Ramjet took a few laser hits, but didn't dodge. He returned fire with lasers of his own, and his Autobot counterpart did dodge. That meant that Ramjet was shooting with far more accuracy than the Autobot was, and even though he took a few stray hits the Autobot took far more. Two solid strikes to the jet's midsection killed it's engines, and the Autobot fell out of the sky.

Dirge's opponent seemed dumbfounded when the seeker diverted the incoming missiles. He quickly realized that the Decepticon had fired one of his own, but not soon enough. The moment of hesitation was all that it took for the missile to close to range, blow the Autobot's wing off and send him spiralling down to the ground.

In the interim, the shuttle they'd been guarding had dropped it's troops and began curving up, returning to the Nemesis.

"Well, that was fun," Ramjet told Dirge as if they'd just finished a round of fullstasis. "What's next?"

Lugnut watched Megatron disappear into the city, then took his small squad of fighter jets with him on and eastward trajectory. The group of Decepticons flew over a large swath of residential housing before arriving at a track of industrial land. At the far end of the land was a munitions factory that produced ammunition for the Autobot sources. At the near end, several construction-supply warehouses and wholesalers. The destruction of both would be a heavy blow to the rebuilding efforts, should the Autobots push the Decepticon forces back out of the city.

Lugnut sent his minions off to fly patrol, chasing off a duo of Autobot jets who'd spotted them and given chase. Lugnut himself, meanwhile, lined up for a straight run over the industrial land and began dropping bombs. The incendiary explosives hit the ground every twenty metres or so and burst into flames. Every third or fourth bomb managed to set off a series of secondary explosions as fuel tanks or pressurized chemicals were hit, and soon the entire strip looked like nothing but a miles-long blaze. For the finishing touches, Lugnut dropped a pair of special bunker-busters on the ammunition factory. They punched through the building's heavy armour, then through the ground-level loading docks and finally breached the underground manufacturing and storage facilities. The factory went up flames, a jet of fire shooting dozens of feet up into the air as gunpowder and explosives burned.

Lugnut swept around and saw dozens of similar fires throughout the north of the city, lit as other Decepticon teams destroyed police stations, equipment dumps, barracks and government buildings.

Activating his comm, he called Clench. "Phase one is done," he told the mission commander. "Can we move on to phase two and start fighting their troops?"

Iacon Streets

The gate swung open, the locks blown apart by another missile fired by Brick. As soon as they did, the two motorcycle Vehicons roared in, driving between the ranks of bulkier Autotroopers standing behind the gates, transforming and shooting them in the back.

Drivetrain, Breakneck and Buckshot followed soon after, and in less than ten seconds a dozen low-ranking Autobots had fallen to their guns.

"The gate is secure," Drivetrain reported to Sixshot.

Approaching the Senate

"Barbaric theatrics?" Starscream suggested to Thundercracker. "He does it to scare people, not because he enjoys it. I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse."

Thundercracker's rockets collapsed the ground-floor entrance to the senate, while Starscream's bombs opened up a new one four floors up. The seekers' flight leader transformed, using his foot thrusters to propel him inside the building. Dropping to the floor, he said to Thundercracker, "I've never been in here before. You don't happen to have a map of the place?"

Tagan Heights

Predacon shook his head.

"You know why I hang around with you two?" he said to Scorponok and Tarantulas. "You make me look like a healthy, normal person instead of the lunatic that I am."

Southeast Border, Iacon

Hammer watched as an assortment of missiles were turned back by a powerful magnetic field, many of them landing on the encroaching Decepticon ground troops. The Vehicon commander winced as dozens of his comrades were blown to pieces.

"Artillery, cease fire of all metallic shells and missiles," he told them. "Energy weapon units, refocus fire on section six of the wall," he said, pointing them in Windcharger's general direction.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

South East Border, Iacon

Jazz!” Prowl yelled when the other Autobots’ words were cut off. Snapping a new ammunition cartridge into his acid-pellet gun, Prowl charged out from the Autotrooper ranks and made a beeline towards the other Autobot’s position. Springer’s voice came as a relief to him – the triple-changer was far more equipped to get to Jazz faster.

“Get him out of there, Springer! I will cover you!” So instead of continuing his run, Prowl engaged the enemy. Prowl took aim, squeezed off a shot, and took aim, and squeezed off another shot. “Field medics!” Prowl yelled as he moved next to Terabolt to cover the retreating Springer and Jazz, opening fire at the Vehicons that replaced the undead Springer had hacked. “Field medics! See to Jazz!”

Prowl nodded with approval as the incoming Decepticon hordes were suddenly met with their own missiles, thanks to Windcharger’s magnetic fields. “Spectacular, Windcharger. Get out of there, get mobile, they’re going to gun for you. Air forces, get out and engage them.”

He switched commlinks to Tracks without missing a beat, shooting an undead in the head. “I was about to ask you to help Springer – but with Windcharger’s help I suppose the air is mostly clear… but there is apparently the Seekers attacking the base are en route to the Senate building. You can get there quickly, and you’re… not exactly essential here. Report to Magnus. Tell him I sent you.”

The Insecticons Hammer had sent buzzed towards the walls, and began landing near the support struts, and began to start chewing. They managed to do this for all of three seconds before a surge of electricity ran through the struts, frying several Insecticons and blowing them apart outright, and scaring off the rest. Prowl allowed himself a self-satisfied nod.

A skull-faced Insecticon, far different than the hordes of green-and-yellow and purple-and-black ones milling around, broke apart from the pack and transformed, landing between the Autotrooper lines and the group of Springer, Jazz, Terabolt and Prowl. Prowl recognized the large, hulking Insecticon as the Destron terrorist leader Igern.

“Well, look what we have here. Three of the Autobots’ high command element.” Igern said, chuckling as he cracked his knuckles. “The boss told me to kill you guys off. And in the name of the great Emperor Violen Jiger you shall meet with destruction!”

Prowl gestured at Springer. “You think you can take this joker down?”

Tagan Heights

“Acknowledged.” Obsidian replied to Tarantulas, noting the pause in the more… unstable Decepticon. It was rather unacceptable, but like all good puppets even the scientists had some things which Obsidian could manipulate. Such as their desire to enter the city to satiate their bloodlust or scientific curiousity. Barbaric, but useful.

“Good call, Hammer.” He told the Vehicon commander. “If you could, I would prefer the artillery aim for the line of troopers standing directly in front of the gates. I believe it is high time the proud and mighty gates of Iacon are cracked open.”

Scorponok chuckled at Predacon. "Seriously? We make you look like a healthy person? Just who have you been asking? Show him to me and we'll have Tarantulas operate on his brain. Clearly it's a symptom of some strange logic circuitry and my curiousity for one is aroused."

War Room, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

“If you say so.” Sentinel Prime replied to Kup’s words about Grimlock with a shrug. If Kup approves of someone, they’re usually useful… but Kup cut off the rest of his words when he suddenly shouted. Sentinel frowned and grimaced, allowing Kup to rant. How dare this… old outdated model challenge the supreme authority of a Prime?

How dare he? Does he not know that he had been bequeathed the Matrix because of his skills in this trying time? Wisdom of the Matrix…

Prime shook his head as he slowly considered Kup’s words and how to best retort. He didn’t really believe about the wisdom of the Matrix, not so much since apparently that wisdom made Zeta put Orion of all people in charge, and Sentinel… did he feel any wiser after obtaining the Matrix? Not exactly. Perhaps a little. Reflexively, Sentinel Prime touched his chest. There were whispers coming from his chest, but from the looks of it he was the only one able to hear them.

Ah. So the wisdom of the Matrix isn’t a protoform’s tale after all.

Whispers. The Matrix had not opened fully, but it has started to acknowledge his greatness. Of course. He is Prime.

Sentinel closed his optics and listened.

He listened for a while.

“Very well, Kup.” He said after what seemed like an eternity to him, but was probably a few seconds to those observing him. “I… apologize for my brashness.” He closed his optics, then opened it again, his blue eyes blazing a little brighter than before. “Go. I shall stay here. Your interests are clearly for my protection, and I shall – grudgingly – accept it.” Sentinel’s weapons deactivated and he clipped them back onto his hips, and he took the seat.

“Yes, Ironhide, it’ll take more than the two of us. On the field, the two of us are just soldiers, but here, I’m a leader. I… need to be here. Kup has a point. He and the Elite Guard has more chances at winning this than we do.” Sentinel paused. “With great regret, we need to stay here until such is the time that our presence is required in the field.”

Sentinel turned to address Wheeljack. “None of us has much of a choice in anything, inventor. As for the Supreme-class Sentinels, we… are acquainted with one. He’s hovering in orbit above the city, damaged. I have arranged for one of the shuttles in Arsenal to be prepared. You and Highbrow will go to this Sentinel and repair him.”

He turned to face Magnus. “Of course they will. You are leading them.” He raised an optic brow at Magnus’ new moniker. Ultra Magnus? So presumptuous. Sentinel never took Magnus as the vain type, but either way.

He replied to Quickswitch. “Eliminate him, Quickswitch. With extreme prejudice. Do not hesitate. He will kill you if he gets the chance, and if he does, countless civilians will die. Hold nothing back. Trust in yourself – in the engineers that rebuilt you if not in your own capabilities.”

Sentinel remained impassive, at least from the exterior, as reports of fires and bombers began to filter in. "They are burning our city." Sentinel said. "It's a good thing I'm not much of a waiter. Rapido... I have to pull a trick out of your book and Prowl's, and say that I've already made a pre-emptive strike."

Orbit over Protihex

Prowl had not wanted the nuclear bombs to be stationed on bunkers on the ground. He kept them in a mobile satellite that flies on a random pattern over Cybertron. In retrospect, it was a good idea, since keeping a nuclear bomb in the capital city is tantamount to suicide, and all other territories had been taken over by the Decepticons.

And only the Prime's authorization, or the Prime's acting head of military, had the authority to launch them.

And five minutes ago, Sentinel Prime had launched five Cobalt-based nuclear warheads straight into the heart of Kaon. If anyone paid attention, they would see that the ground zero for two of them is the Decepticon fortress Kolkular... but three of the warheads would be the former Temple of Primus, which had been churning out Vehicons until ten minutes ago.

Mess Hall, Elite Guard Military Barracks

(OOC: Man, we’re going to mix up all these dudes’ names, aren’t we)

“Shh, shh!” Silver Raider yelled above the din of the voices in the mess hall of the Elite Guard barracks. Most of the members had been gathered there, and were shouting for their leaders – bound by duty to only move once ordered – for blood once reports of Talonflame’s demise reached them. “Shut up! Honestly! You guys getting this?”

This is your commander, Magnus.

Silver Raider made a loud, powerful whoop as, yes, the voice he recognized, confirmed his identity. Thunderwrath let out a similar, loud roar, and Wing Archer yelled out loud. “Commander Magnus is alive!” Pause. “Ultra Magnus is alive!”

Silver Raider quieted down the jubilant cheers coming as the three team leaders listened to Ultra Magnus’ orders, and professionalism returned. “YES SIR!” All the Guardsmen members replied swiftly.

Thunderwrath and Wing Archer bolted out of the room as quickly as they can and transformed into their respective jet modes, and shot into the air. Silver Raider gestured. “Flameblaze, Shortstop, C company, D company, move! We’re reporting to Kup and the Northern battlements! E company, standby backup positions! Move it, people!”

Northern Iacon

A missile would rocket up towards Lugnut.

Down below, wreathed by flames, Grimlock cocked his Galaxial™ Rocket Launcher, the auto-reloading mechanism placing a fresh rocket into the barrel of the weapon. He narrowed his optic band. Prowl was right. The Decepticons would attack the Northern half of the city as well. But when was he ever wrong?

Grimlock hated that about Prowl.

But he hated these Decepticons more. Cowards. Attacking the weak. Already they did not deserve to live for being so weak, but that did not mean the Decepticons are welcome to come and blow them all to kingdom come.

“COME DOWN HERE!” Grimlock roared, his voice booming. Grimlock punctuated his sentence by launching another rocket, this time blowing up a different Decepticon bomber, causing him to explode. “You dog of Megatron, me, Grimlock, teach you today how to fight right!”

Northern Borders

Sixshot leapt into the air and transformed into starcruiser mode, the blast of heat from his exhaust frying the remaining troops on the section of wall he is on. The hexchanger transformed and landed next to them. “Iacon is burning. Megatron’s troops are dropping in and causing destruction. I’m not much for complex strategems, so I suggest we join them.”

Sixshot cocked his concussion cannons. “You all have free rein. Cause as much mayhem as you can. Buckshot – that includes you, but do not ignore any of our team if they are wounded. Open the gates! Tear apart anything that has an Autobot insignia! Burn this city to the ground.”

Sixshot transformed into his armoured car mode and rumbled off into the city, concussion cannons opening fire at the two closest buildings. Civilians ran. Autotroopers attempted to engage Sixshot, and he obliged by transforming into his beast mode and sinking his claws through them. His claws tore through armor and cogs and gears and wires so very easily. Sixshot let loose a howl as he transformed into robot mode, his claws still extended from his wrists, the dead Autotrooper corpses hanging from them as the troops stationed here came out and began opening fire.

“Come out now!” Sixshot roared as he flung the dead Autotrooper corpses from his claws at the incoming troops. “Bring him out! Where is he?”

Approaching the Senate

Skywarp swooped in and transformed, landing next to Starscream and Thundercracker with a happy grin.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

South East Border, Iacon

Jazz stumbled towards the others as Springer carried him to safety. "I'll manage," Jazz replied to Terabolt. "But thanks for your concern," he added as he looked at the Knight with a smile. He never expected sympathy from a Temple Knight. Especially since Jazz has never been a huge fan of them nor is he a religious person.

While he was attended to by the field medics, Jazz looked up at Prowl. If he didn't know any better, it was almost as if Prowl was worried about Jazz's safety. That certainly was new. Strange times indeed, he thought to himself. "These undead guys are pretty unstoppable," he noted. Doesn't matter how much you shoot them, they just keep on coming."

Springer smiled as Prowl requested him to take care of Igern and then cracked his neck as he slammed his right fist in the palm of his left hand. "And here I thought I was going to get a challenge," Springer said to Prowl," as he pulled out his wind funnel cannon.

"You've got about 5 kliks to get your ugly face out of here or you're going to regret ever stepping food on Iacon soil," he said sternly while pointing the big gun at the Destron's head.

"Good," Kup replied as he gave Sentinel a nod. "I'll keep you updated as much as I can," he added as he walked out of the War Room and transformed.

While in vehicle mode, he quickly made his way to the Arsenal facility to pick up supplies, because he had a feeling that he was going to need them. "Silver Raider, this is Kup," he called out over the com to the Elite Guardian. "I hope you're and your mechs packing enough heat, because this fight isn't going to be over any time soon. I'm stopping my Arsenal myself. I'd suggest you, Flameblaze and Shortstop do the same and meet me there."

Mess Hall, Elite Guard Military Barracks

"Sir! Yes, sir!" Shortstop said as he immediately shot out of his chair. "Come one, Flameblaze! Let's go!" he shouted as he headed towards Arsenal.

Flameblaze shook her head. "We'll only run quicker to our deaths if we hurry," she said as she followed Shortstop.

Arsenal

"Almost sounds like wisdom," Wheeljack replied when Sentinel said that none of them had much of a choice in anything. "We will get on board of the shuttle as soon as we can. We will do our best to help the Omega Sentinel as much as we can."

In the mean time, Magnus had been trying to transform. "Transforming is much harder than I remember," he said to the inventors.

Wheeljack turned around. "That's probably because you're over thinking it too much right now," he replied to the Elite Guard commander. "You used to be able to transform without hesitation, but now you're thinking about everything that could go wrong. Don't be. When it comes to the transformation process, I don't make mistakes," he said, trying to reassure Magnus.

Magnus nodded and took a moment to clear his mind and then started to transform. It went slowly, but he transformed nonetheless.

"There you go," Wheeljack said. "Over time you'll be able to transform just like you were able to before."

"Thank you, Wheeljack. For everything. You too Highbrow. I don't know what would have become of me if you two weren't around," Magnus said while in vehicle form.

"Don't mention it," Wheeljack replied. "Thanks to you, we are safe here in Iacon. Wouldn't have been so if not for your sacrifice."

"Nevertheless, you have my gratitude," he replied. Ultra Magnus started his engines and rolled out of Arsenal and headed towards the Senate building. "Thunderwrath, Wing Archer. I'm en route towards the Senate building. Locate my signal and form up on me. Time to make these Seekers pay for the deaths of Talonflame and his unit."

Approaching the Senate

Thundercracker transformed and walked next to Skywarp and Starscream. "Only weaklings get scared of heads on pikes," Thundercracker replied to Starscream. "It amazes me why Iacon is considered to be the most powerful state on the planet. Good thing that's not the case for too long."

Thundercracker entered the building and looked around. "Who needs a map anyway?" he shrugged. "If you're looking for a senator, you'll probably find one hiding under a desk or behind another mech. They're usually cowards like that."

Many mechs were trying to flee the scene and Thundercracker fired at them. Mostly the shots were meant to scare them. Killing citizens wasn't really something he would enjoy."Didn't a former Senator spike the heads of the Praxus senator too? Megatron must've been a fan of his work if he's asking us to do it too."

Tagan Heights

"Nobody would think you're normal, Predacon," Tarantulas said to his fellow scientist. "Stop fooling yourself. Though if there's a mech that does, as Scorponok suggested, I certainly would like to examine his brain," he said and giggled afterwards while rubbing his hands.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

South East Border, Iacon

Prowl glanced at Jazz, nodding as the field medics began to work. He noted grimly that not all the field medics made it to Jazz -- at least one had been cut down and laid in two clean pieces between them and Iacon.

"I find that unlikely. My colleague Grimlock is not here, but he subscribes to the logic that the greater the size of an explosion is inversely proportional to the amount of enemies it can't take out." Prowl replied to Jazz. "He is an idiot, but sometimes his logic works. Observe."

Prowl's left shoulder missile ignited, and it rocketed into the nearest group of undead Decepticons. The missile ignited and blew apart five of the Decepticons closest to the site of impact (which, of course, had been determined to be the most effective in their situation by Prowl), and knocked several of the shambling abominations backwards.

Prowl took advantage of this, drilling acid holes in the centers of mass of as many undead and Vehicons as he could in the confusion, until he was forced to reload. He did not look back -- Springer can take care of the Destron. He trusted the triple-changer enough.

Igern let out a wild howl which sounded like some kind of arcane chant from a forgotten Cybertronian dialect as he lunged at Springer with one massive claw.

Sentinel Prime watched Kup walk out of the War Room. He was not happy. He was not happy with the situation. He was not happy with Kup. We was not happy with everything.

"You will, of course." Sentinel replied to Wheeljack with a slightly wistful tone, as if his attention wasn't fully on the Autobot inventor at the moment.

Iacon Main Streets

The Elite Guardsmen, arranged in neat ranks, marched out of their base and started heading off to the various locations which the Decepticons have made land.

Silver Raider nodded at Kup's orders, and watched Flamelaze and Shortstop moved out. Silver Raider shook his head at the two younger Autobots, before transforming into his alternate mode -- a sleek hovercar -- and shooting off towards Arsenal. "Acknowledged, commander."

Thunderwrath and Wing Archer would reply to Ultra Magnus with quick "Yes sirs!" before banking towards the Senate building.

Approaching the Senate

Skywarp chuckled. "Cause of all the guns, Thunders. They've got lots and lots of guns. Can you hear all the explosions going on from that a way?"

The Seeker shrugged and jerked his thumb at what looked at an information booth. "You guys want a map? That over there-" VVOP "-looks like it has some... hey! Some dude hiding under a desk! He must be a Senator!"

Starscream and Thundercracker would be able to see Skywarp raise his foot and stomp down hard, causing a sickening crunch and silencing a desperate plea for mercy. Skywarp whistled as he grabbed a pamphlet before teleporting back next to his comrades, his right foot stained with mech fluids. Skywarp held the pamphlet -- 'A Tourist's Guide to the Iacon Senate Building' written boldly in an obnoxious font -- expectantly with two hands, looking from Starscream to Thundercracker with a manic smile on his face.

Tagan Heights

Scorponok nodded mock-vigorously in agreement at Tarantulas's words. "You roller-blade and use a whip that turns into a sword in battle."
Chip1123
Protoform

South East Border, Iacon

Post by Chip1123 »

Topspin fired on the undead bots as Springer made his charge in for Jazz. "Hurry up!" He yelled to the triple-changer. "These things don't like to stay down!" He yelled, firing more rounds into them.

Then Igern landed between him and the group. "Prowl, you want me to light him up, or do you have it in hand?"

-------------

Bridge, Nemesis

Clench had been busy analyzing the battle, pleased with the efforts so far. "Good. You have permission to proceed to Phase 2, Lugnut."

Looking away for a moment, he rubbed his optics. Since the fight at Megatron's mansion, he had been having a slight pain behind them. He would need to have one of the medics take a look. Speaking of medics.... As he thought about that, he brought up the medbays cameras and cursed. Knockout had been busy.

"Security!" He barked. "Send a squad of Vehicons to the medbay subdue Knockout. He's somehow disabled his ankle braclet and his guards. Don't kill him if you can help it."

-------------

War Room, Sentinel Prime Defence Base

Rapido switched his comlink back over to Prowl's channel. "We've got some anti-air squads coming your way, and We've got a plan to put up a forcefield on the southern wall shortly. Can you hold out until then?"

Rapido looked over towards Kup. "Be careful out there. We don't need to lose you too." He said, a little bit of comraderie bleeding into his voice.

Grateful for Kup's speach about protecting the Prime, and the Matrix, Rapido turned back to Sentinel. "As much as I love being in the field, I think that at least one of us needs to be here to coordinate efforts in the field. It would be disastorous if both of us were to be taken out of the equation. Our troops would have no leadership to coordinate the battle."

"Magnus," Rapido began, but then corrected himself. "Ultra Magnus. These Seekers - at least one of them is an outliers. He can teleport. They must be pretty good warriors to take on the Elite Guard and win. I wouldn't underestimate them."

When Sentinel said the last bit, Rapido's spark cringed. "Pre-emptive strike? What did you do?" He asked, the dread in his voice evident.

----------------

Arsenal

"I am not familiar with an Omega Sentinel's systems. However, I do have supreme confidence in Wheeljack's and my own ability to get it in working order." Highbrow said to Sentinel Prime over the channel. "Would there be any schematics that we can be given access to? It would greatly speed our efforts."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

South-East Borders, Iacon

"Springer's got this." Prowl replied to Topspin, and made a gesture at the chasm formed by the grenades, which is now swarming with Obsidian's Vehicons. "Focus on the troops in the gorge!" His optics twitched. "Belay that. The faster Vehicons are moving in around it for a pincer attack! You and the mortar teams target them!"

"A forcefield?" Prowl replied to Rapido in surprise. "Where did you get- ah. Wheeljack. I see. Good show, Rapido. Great news. We need that anti-air squadron, and the forcefield will be most welcome."

Sentinel nodded at Highbrow over the transmission, optics still glazed over and still rather distant.. "A schematic for the general Supreme-class Sentinel model, yes. Omega Supreme himself? No. He might have... modified himself or evolved or changed or what-have-you over the years, but the important systems should stay the same. But I suppose you have more knowledge than I do on these sort of things." Sentinel gestured at an officer who sent Highbrow and Wheeljack said schematics.

Sentinel Prime turned to acknowledge Rapido and nodded. "True. Although then both of us are in the same position, mmm? That is not exactly ideal." Sentinel's mouth twitched, and the cocky smirk he usually wore returned and replaced the wistful look, and his eyes refocused. "A pre-emptive strike being just exactly that, Rapido. I told Orion he had time to try and talk down the Temple Knights, but if the Vector computers are going to churn out all these... Vehicons and Insecticons and zombies and six-changers and all these crazy scrap we're hearing from the battlefield, well, we ought to put a stop to that."

Sentinel pointed at Kaon on the holomap of Cybertron. "So five minutes ago I launched five of our nuclear bombs at Kaon. It'll be a bonus if it takes out Megatron's base, but it will take out the Vector computer at least. We'll cut off their advantage!"
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

"I just meant that one of us should remain to coordinate. If you are staying in the War Room, I can, of course, lead in the field." Rapido said, leaving out the part about it being hard to coordinate 4 different battlefronts while returning fire from assault troops. Before he could bring up the objection, however, Sentinel dropped the bomb, literally, about the nukes.

"But what about the innoncents?" Rapido yelled out, unable to stop himself. "We have to let them know to clear out!"

--------------

Topspin transformed into his tank mode and fired at the Vehicons Prowl pointed out. Between shells, he called out to the mortar teem to switch targets, and fired again.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"I'm not much of a coordinator, I'll admit that much." Sentinel Prime replied to Rapido. He paused. "But if you see yourself being more effective in the field, I can deign to let you coordinate while battling. We need our leaders among the people to inspire them, of course."

He shook his head. "We do not have troops in Kaon. Not anymore. Even before the communications blackout, it's made clear -- the Decepticons have turned Kaon into a military state. If we leave the Vector computer be... how many Vehicons will be around by tomorrow? That would make all the soldiers we lose here -- all the effort we did here -- for nothing if we beat back the army here and they have a fresh one tomorrow."

Obsidian made a quick 'tsk' sound as the mortar teams took out some of the Vehicons moving in for the pincer formation. Too slow, Obsidian supposed. "Cycle Vehicons moving in for the pincer formation: spread out. Whenever possible, zoom into the chasm and out again. Make yourself less of a moving target. Helicopters, buzz the mortars."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Whatever of the undead and vehicons that Prowl, Topspin, and the others weren't able to take out at distance, Terabolt was busily cutting to pieces with her sword as they tried to come in closer to the group, insuring they didn't leave their breathing space

"Blasters aren't the solution for everything here, old ways work better on these monstrosities. Smaller the pieces the better. And I'm glad you keep a weapon variety," she spoke off-hand to Prowl about the mortars.

Bridge, Nemesis

"Understood," Security would respond to Clench on the com, immediately dispatching.

Medbay, Nemesis

It didn't take long for security to reach the medbay, but whatever they had been expecting wasn't waiting for them. The door wasn't barricaded or disabled, nor was the prisoner holed up in the corner with a weapon, or even bothering to try to escape.

What Knock Out had done, though, was get out of his bands, affixing them instead to his hapless guard that was only just starting to come to. Now with access to the tool functionality in his arms, Knock Out had repaired the damaged computer (just for kicks) and begun exploring and reorganizing the medbay. Even as the new set of guards appeared, he barely looked up, finishing re-soddering a piece of equipment that he'd moved to be in a better spot.

"Ah, greetings. Medbay's not quite ready yet, but it will be shortly for any incoming wounded from the battle," Knock Out greeted cheerfully. He didn't once stop his work, just moving on to the next task. "By the way, you may wish to inform the captain that we are short on CZ-725 and Corostop. Not immediately critical, I know, but if infections start popping up you will wish that we did have more handy."

While Knock Out had been talking, Security had secured the medbay's entrance, posting a couple outside, and the rest checking out the are to make sure Knock Out hadn't tampered with anything, but otherwise they weren't quite sure what to do with him. He didn't look like he needed to be subdued, and for all immediate apperances, was doing his job. Still, they wouldn't have been called for no apparent reason, so the one in charge opened his com. "Captain Clench, sir?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Warehouses:

"Well, in the tighter confines of a city....... I should stand a better chance. I'm on my way, Prowl."

Nightbeat looked up from the control panel. "Be careful up there."

"You know it." Tracks transformed to vehicle mode and hovered away, gaining speed before deploying wings and lifting into the air.

Vector Sigma:

"As will we all, Keeper. As will we all.". Orion turned to Yoketron. "Now, unless you wish to continue your argument, I believe we could be of more use elsewhere."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Iacon Airspace

The missile narrowly missed Lugnut, which surprised the big Decepticon -- he was kind of a hard target to miss, after all. But then he saw who was shooting at him and it all made sense.

"You missed me, Grimlock. In more ways than one, obviously!"

The bomber beside him blew up, but Lugnut didn't care -- it was just some Destron hooligan who didn't believe in Megatron, anyway.

"I'm pretty sure you're the one who's going to get taught," he told the Autobot, "but okay. We can finish what we started back in Kaon."

Transforming to robot mode, Lugnut dropped fists-first down at Grimlock...with his built-in gravity well generators pumping to increase his mass so that he'd crush the Autobot and leave a deep crater where he'd been standing.

Iacon Streets

"Gee boss, you sure do know how to keep us happy," Drivetrain told Sixshot. "We'll be nearby. Call us if you need anything!"

The pack of Vehicons melted into the crowd then, moving as a unit but still disappearing into the mass of fighters on both sides.

The Senate

Starscream glanced over at Skywarp, nodded, then replied to Thundercracker.

"Megatron didn't actually ask for heads on pikes, but I'm sure we'd get extra points for it." He shook his head. "But I've got more style than that moron Scorponok, and better things to do with my time than carry heads around. So how about we just shoot to kill?"

He looked around, then shrugged and consulted Skywarp's map. "Well, this is a big building. We'll need to split up. Thundercracker, head down to the lower levels. If anyone is trying to dig their way out of the entrance, stop them. With bullets, preferably. Skywarp, head up to the top. If I'm reading this right, that's where the main security hub is. Destroy it. I'll stay on this level. The main meeting hall isn't far from here. If we're lucky and the senate is in session, I'll be able to make an example of them on a live, planet-wide broadcast!"

Tagan Heights

Predacon shook his head. "See, that's exactly what I'm talking about," he told Scorponok. "A normal person would just laugh at a joke, not use it as an excuse to kill someone. We're supposed to save that for the Autobots, remember?"

He shrugged.

"Anyway, they've breached the walls to the north. I think that's our cue to storm the gates and start wreaking havoc inside the city limits!"

Southeast Border, Iacon

Hammer forwarded Obsidian's orders on to the troops.

"Artillery units three and four, refocus fire on grid one-one-five. Units five and six, focus fire on grid one-two-six. Start taking out the gatekeepers.

Decepticon warship Eviscerator

Sentinel Prime's intentions were, of course, known to the Decepticons via Soundwave, who had intercepted the missile launch commands. But the communications officer was indisposed, leaving the disposal of the threat to the Eviscerator and her crew.

Killmaster stood at the front of the ship's bridge, his wand held in both hands behind his back like a baton. The hulking, purple and gold Decepticon glared across the room at his communications officer and said, "Do Soundwave's codes work?"

"Yes, sir, they do. But--"

"I don't like to hear 'but'."

"I'm sorry, sir. The codes won't let us auto-detonate the missiles in the air."

"Then what do they let us do?"

"We can designate new targets for them," the communications officer said. "But they don't have enough fuel to reach orbit, so we can only aim them at something on the ground." He looked up at Killmaster and said, "Sir, everything within range is a populated area."

"Good," Killmaster said emphatically. "They want to blow up our city? We'll blow up theirs. Find the five nearest Autobot-controlled Vector nodes and aim the missiles there."

"I can't, sir. That would be sacrilege."

"I see." Killmaster seemed to mull over that for a moment before he whipped out his wand and aimed it at the subordinate. One muttered incantation later and a bolt of lightning cracked across the room, striking the disobedient minion and dropping him to the ground. Then Killmaster turned to the backup communications officer and said, "You have your orders."

"Aye sir," the new soldier said, this one with no hint of hesitation.

Less than a minute later the missiles changed course, one each heading for Tetrahex, Nova Cronum, Valvolux, Optihex and Protihex itself -- more specifically, for the locations of Vector Epsilon, Vector Omicron, Vector Tau, Vector Kappa and Vector Mu.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"I did not use a blaster. I used a missile." Prowl told Terabolt. "The sword is not a terrible choice of a weapon, but limiting yourself to the antiquated while your enemy has every single advance in technology at their disposal is not foolish, it's downright suicidal."

Prowl swung the long end of his tonfa at a car Vehicon's face, disorienting him, before driving the blunt end and caving in the Decepticon's skull. "I highly suspect these undead have some sort of... nanobots or pathogen of some kind animating them, hence I do not advice to come into too much contact with them."

Prowl replied to Tracks. "I know, Tracks. Do not die -- we need every able flier that we can." A small Decepticon Minicon bit Prowl's leg. He bit back a curse, drew his leg back and punted the Minicon as far as he could back into the crater.

Prowl looked up, and saw a fresh wave of Vehicons moving towards the city. "Rapido, about that forcefield..."

Tagan Heights

Scorponok shrugged, "If our positions are reversed, Predacon, you would be saying more or less the same thing as I will."

He shrugged. "Let's. These Vehicons are drawing fire from the walls, and I'm more or less fixed." Scorponok transformed into his construction vehicle mode. One of his anti-aircraft cannons had been sheared off, but his electro-stinger tail was still functional, and he began to rumble back towards the direction of Iacon. "Hey, General. Science Team. We're heading in."

Southeast Border, Iacon

Wonderful. The uncontrollable rogue elements are going to mess this up.

Obsidian held back the snort he almost reflexively did when Scorponok's message reached him. "Acknowledged. The troops are having trouble with the mortar tanks. If you would be so kind, could you please do something about them?"

He opened the commlink to Tarantulas. "Despite the Autobots' best efforts, some of the cycle and car Vehicons are getting through. Open the gates."

"Hammer, Zero, I am about to open the Southern gates. Send every single soldier that can move fast through it, and have the Insecticons set upon the meager lines of Autotroopers standing between them and our forces." Obsidian looked at Igern engaging the enemy, and this time actually snorted in disgust. Of course. The brute will want his jollies. Well, he is disposable...

Northern Iacon

"Less talk, more punch!" Grimlock roared up at Lugnut. "Me not interested in what you have to say!"

Grimlock's optics narrowed as he let go of the Galaxial rocket launcher, and pulled out his own energo blade with two hands, which flared to life as red-hot energon glowed around it. The Autobot (Grimlock felt a rush of... pride? Was it pride? At referring to himself as such once more) bent his knees, holding the blade in a firm two-handed grip, before launching himself up to meet Lugnut's descent, aiming to meet Lugnut's punch with his blade.

Best case scenario? The blade will cut through Lugnut's hand and disable whatever is generating that energy.

Worse case scenario? At least Grimlock wouldn't be meeting the big, powerful gravity-enhanced punch with his own hand, which, despite his own durability, he highly doubted would remain intact, much less functional.

Only one way to find out. Grimlock roared as he did so, a primal and bestial noise.

Yes. This was his element. This was battle.

Only no more guilt this time.

He was at the right side.

Iacon Streets

"Acknowledged." Sixshot told Drivetrain. "Likewise -- call me if you need me."

Sixshot swung around to regard a pair of Elite Guardsmen who approached him, and pulled out his concussion cannons. "Where is he?" Sixshot said, his deep, reverberating voice threatening and bereft of the amused camaraderie he addressed his brother Vehicons with. "Bring him out!"

Two blasts, and the two Elite Guardsmen -- their lower bodies, at any rate, for Sixshot's cannons had vaporated everything from the waist up -- clattered down towards the street.

The Senate

Skywarp smiled in self-satisfaction as Starscream consulted his map. The Seeker nodded happily -- that was an order he understood and can get behind easily. Nowhere as convoluted as the plans Obsidian explained to him five times.

"Can do, boss!" Skywarp told the commanding Seeker, and disappeared with a loud VVOP, a puff of smoke and a quick crackle of purple light.

(OOC: Thanks, War. :))
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

South East Border, Iacon

"Don't worry," Springer said to Topspin. "I've got this!"

Springer shook his head and then deflected Igern's massive claw coming at him by swiping it away with his wind funnel cannon. "A direct assault? You're not that bright are you?" he said taunting as he thrusts his sword that he held in his other hand forward intending to impale Igern on it.

En route to Senate building

Ultra Magnus went as fast as he could towards the senate building. He could only guess what amount of damage the Decepticon Seekers could have done in the time before they'd arrive. He could see Thunderwrath and Wing Archer in the distance approaching his coordinates. "I'm almost there," he said to his men. "Do not engage the enemy before I arrive. Let's see if we can create ourselves an element of surprise so that we can take these criminals down quickly."

Probably easier said than done. With his new armor, Magnus still had to get used to moving around, but there's no better training than in the field. At least, that's what Kup always says.

"A teleporter, you say?" Magnus replied to Rapido over the com. "That's certainly interesting. An edge like that explains how they've managed to beat the Elite Guard. "Anything else before we go in? Any I.D.'s?"

The Senate

Thundercracker shook his head as he witnessed Skywarp stomping a helpless mech to his death. While his death was inevitable, Thundercracker felt that there were more honorable ways to kill an Iaconian than by stomping on him. Then again, it's Skywarp so one could've expected such a thing from him.

"The lower levels it is," Thundercracker said to Starscream as he looked around and made his way towards the lower levels. Probably a lot of scared civilians he thought to himself and then shrugged. Can't always have a challenging battle I suppose.

Arsenal

Wheeljack stood up and Walked towards the exit. "Come on Highbrow," he said to his lab partner. "There's a shuttle in this facility that'll take us to the Omega Sentinel. Make sure to take the schematics with you. They might help," he continued as he headed towards the shuttle.

Wheeljack was excited. An Omega Sentinel. He could only imagine the things that he could learn from it. Ancient Cybertronian technology long forgotten. It might even give the Autobots the edge they need to push back the Decepticon invaders. Wheeljack instantly realized the weight that had been put on his and Highbrow's shoulders and was determined not to let the Autobots down. Not after they did everything in their power to rescue him.

Tagan Heights

"As if we would need an excuse to kill a mech," Tarantulas giggled as he rubbed his hands when he replied to Predacon. His mood suddenly changed however as he looked up a shook his fist. "Do not dare to order me," he spat towards Obsidian.

"I'm not your lackey," he mumbled as he gave his Spyders the order to open the gates to the city.

Tarantulas could see through the eyes of the Spyders that they took out the guards of the control room and had finished hacking the controls. Destroying them would probably be a better job, but they got the job done.

"There," he said to Obsidian. "They're opening. Now stop bothering me with such trivial tasks."

Arsenal

Kup reached the Arsenal facility and entered. He saw Wheeljack walking in the distance, but had no time to talk. He took a left turn to the armory part of the facility. The part where they keep the weapons. As Kup walked in, he took a look around.

He had no idea who or what he would be going up against, so he would take with him what he could carry. He pulled a scatter blaster off the wall and stored it over his right shoulder on his back. "For mechs that get too close," he said to himself.

Then grabbed some frag grenades and stored them on his waist. "To draw the cowards that are hiding out," he continued.

He then looked around and thought to himself that he would need a weapon that could deal out some serious damage for if he would be so unlucky to have to fight the six changer and then noticed an X12 Scrapmaker hanging on the wall in the back. He walked towards it, pulled it off and blew the dust off. "Ah the X12 Scrapmaker. They went out of style so fat, but they're so dependable. Much better than their new version that chews out bullets faster than you can take aim." Kup lifted up the barrel and leaned it up against his left shoulder as he walked towards the exit to meet Flameblaze, Shortstop and Silver Raider. Two of them he could see arrive in the distance.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

South East Border, Iacon

Igern let out an ululating cry in surprise as Springer knocked his hand away with some sort of wind attack, losing his balance and stumbling backwards. The Autobot’s blade stabbed straight through his chest, slightly off-center.

Igern let out a loud roar, and instinctively attempted to slam both massive claws together to attack Springer, whose sword was still embedded in his chest.

En Route

“Copy that, sir!” Thunderwrath replied to Ultra Magnus as he and his wingmate banked through Iacon’s skyscrapers, heading towards the Senate building.

“Man, those scum really made a mess of the ‘troopers send after them.” Wing Archer sighed.

Arsenal

Silver Raider would shoot towards Kup, and transform as he skidded to a stop. “I have taken the liberty of dispatching squads to deal with the Decepticon landing parties, sir.” He told the older Autobot. “I’m keeping tabs of any appearances of high-ranking Decepticons, but so far the only one we’ve identified is fighting that big fellow Rapido and Jazz brought back from Kaon.”

Tagan Heights

“You serve Lord Megatron and wear the Decepticon badge. That fact, and your previous assertion of agreement, would lead anyone to conclude the fact that you, as far as this battle is concerned, take orders from a senior officer. Please stop bothering me with such childish insubordination – that is behavior I would expect from conscripts, and is not becoming of a supposedly learned individual such as yourself.” Obsidian replied calmly to Tarantulas before terminating the commlink without listening to the scientist’s reply. He did not care what the chaotic fool thought of him – and he was sure the reverse was true as well.

One to get rid after this battle. Right now he had better concerns.

“The gates are open!” Obsidian proclaimed. “Decepticons! Storm Iacon!”

South East Borders, Iacon

“What?” Prowl asked, optics wide in surprise as the gates opened. He did not anticipate this – he did not anticipate this happening so soon. Motorcycle and car Vehicons that survived Topspin’s assault rocketed past their little group, and Prowl opened fire at one, taking him out – but there were too many. The Autotroopers lining the front of the gates, briefly surprised at the gates opening, were quickly cut down by the rushing speedy Vehicons.

Rapido! They’ve opened the gates! Set the forcefield two blocks back and activate it! I’m going to pull out that trick I was talking about.” Prowl’s tonfa retracted into his wrist compartment, and he pressed a button on the side of his datapad.

Contingencies upon contingencies. This was supposed to be one of his endgame. He did not expect the gates to open so soon… but in any case the blocks nearest to the northern and southern gates had been evacuated. Right now, there were only the soldiers on both sides.

Which meant it was safe to do this.

The Project M Facility was not the only military facility built in the complex network of catacombs below Iacon. Nightbeat, Windcharger and the others in the vicinity would see giant panels opening on the streets, unveiling ramps, and moving out of those ramps are massive assault tanks. Tanks which were unmistakably built from salvaged weaponry and armour of those of the Supreme-class Sentinels.

Tanks which were warming up and began to take aim at the encroaching Vehicons.

Prowl gave Jazz and Terabolt nods, before opening a commlink to the commanders. “Nightbeat, Windcharger, Topspin… the tanks are programmed with rudimentary intelligence and will follow your orders. Cordon the area. Eliminate the Decepticons with extreme prejudice.”
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Iacon Airspace

"We wait for the next wave of Autobots. They're not gonna roll over and surrender that easily. Or at least I'd be sorry if they did!" Dirge answered to Ramjet.

South East Borders, Iacon

"Wasn't singling you out about blasters," Terabolt told Prowl. "I'd be a credit to the enemy holding one, my hands aren't meant for that..." Terabolt stopped talking for a moment to deal with another undead that had gotten in close, slicing it into multiple pieces. "Give me a set of swords, however..."

At this point Igern's roar filled the air, making Tera smile briefly. "And it sounds like Springer isn't doing too bad with his either."

Vector Sigma

"Mind your tongue, youngling. You have him to thank for being here, regardless of what has transpired between us," The Keeper warned Orion. He paused briefly, closing his optics as though feeling something else, perhaps sensing something, or communicating silently again with Vector Sigma. "Turn your focus instead to your own troops. Their weapons have been turned on my charges."

Yoketron did not like what he was hearing - the thought of Autobots attacking the Vector nodes, as the Keeper seemed to be implying, was a disturbing thought, but unfortunately not out of the realm of imagination. He had spent too much time around that idiot Sentinel to know this was something that might seem acceptable to him as a solution to the problem. It was almost infuriating to know that it came so soon after they had already handled the issue themselves. It could not go unanswered for.

"Orion, let's go," Yoketron said firmly, turning and heading for the elevator.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Iacon Airspace

"Or, hey, better idea," Ramjet told Dirge. "We dive down closer to street level and find them instead of waiting around. I ain't big on patience."

Iacon Streets

Lugnut threw one of his fists out to the side, and the gravity-enhanced mass pulled him out of line with Grimlock's sword. He hit the ground an arm's reach away from the Autobot...and then the ground around them crumbled from the sheer force of impact. The street gave way, collapsing into what looked like an old, disused subway tunnel. Lugnut fell into it, presumably with Grimlock not far behind.

"Oh, you think you're so smart?" the Decepticon asked. "A pointy stick is the best you've got for a fight?"

Lugnut's chest machine guns opened up then, spraying bullets at Grimlock's feet.

The Senate

After Skywarp and Thundercracker had left, Starscream headed forward toward the senate chambers. He didn't make it very far, though, before he found himself accosted by a guard with a six-barrelled neutron assault rifle pointed at Starscream's chest.

"Stop! Who goes there?"

"Why, don't you recognize me?" Starscream raised his hands nonthreateningly. "I'm Starscream, one of Zeta Prime's personal scientists. The Decepticons have held me captive for three weeks, but I've escaped. I must speak with the Senate immediately! I have important information about the enemy for their ears only!"

The guard cocked his head to one side for a moment, and Starscream could tell that he was talking to someone through a hidden comlink. Then he straightened and said, "Your ID is on file, Starscream, and your story checks out. You disappeared three weeks ago after you were illegally rerouted to land in Kaon instead of Iacon."

"Of course! It's like I said--"

The guard got closer, gesturing aggressively with his rifle and taking his aim off of the Decepticon for a moment. "That does not, however, explain the Decepticon badges on your wings."

"Well, see, it's like this." Starscream grinned. "You're an idiot."

Starscream took one step closer, balled one hand into a fist and punched the guard in the midsection. As the Autobot doubled over, Starscream deployed and fired his null ray. The Autobot's body froze and he dropped his weapon, giving Starscream the chance to straighten him back up and stab him in the face with his hidden blade.

"Nice gun though," Starscream said as he picked up the dropped weapon. "Don't worry, I'll be sure to kill a lawmaker with it for you."

Tagan Heights

"Nope," Predacon told Scorponok. "I'm too flighty to hold a grudge."

He laughed. "Flighty, you know? Because I fly in alt-mode?"

When nobody else laughed, he waved his hand scornfully, transformed and flew off.

"Oh, whatever. I'm going to find something to kill." He called out to Tarantulas, "See, I don't need an excuse to kill something. Unlike you, who seems to be making all sorts of excuses to go after your two buddies."

Southeast Border, Iacon

"Aye, sir," Hammer told Obsidian. "Motorcycle groups one through eight, charge the gates hard and shoot everything that moves. Car groups three through six, follow. Tank groups five and six, pull through the gates, then stop and hold position against the Autobot defenders."

The Vehicons did as they were told, storming through the gates like a force of nature and firing wildly at anything that moved.

Of course, the only things moving were a series of gigantic, heavily-armoured tanks. They, naturally, would attract massive waves of incoming Decepticon fire.

Decepticon warship Eviscerator

Killmaster watched, impassively, as the five nuclear warheads exploded and took a large chunk of five cities with them. If the tens of thousands of dead phased him the Decepticon didn't show it. Instead, he spoke into his comlink with the Nemesis as if he committed murder on that scale every day.

"Shockwave, it is done. You can thank Soundwave for the intelligence. Hopefully you didn't have any troops stationed in those cities."

"It would have been pertinent to ask before obliterating them," Shockwave replied. "In point of fact, at least a hundred Decepticons were on station in those regions--"

"Acceptable losses, then," Killmaster said. "What next?"

"Remain in orbit," Shockwave told him. "I think we've had enough of your kind of 'help' for today."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Vector Epsilon, Tetrahex

The Temple Knight known as Sai sat crosslegged in meditation in Tetrahex's modest Temple of Primus, which guarded the Epsilon node of the Vector computers. The world is burning with a war, yet without direct orders from the Council in Iacon, there is little Sai or the Templars with him can do. He had dispatched some of his apprentices to help the small garrison of soldiers secure Tetrahex from the small group of Vehicons that had tried to invade, but Tetrahex was not exactly the largest priority in a war, bordering no strategic resources or cities.

Thus they were one of the few northern city-states left relatively unmolested while the Decepticons marched through the planet towards Iacon.

Yet there was a sense of unease as Sai opened his optics to gaze serenely at Vector Epsilon, hovering in the otherwise nondescript chamber.

He felt a disturbance though. "Primus, what has become of our world?" Sai asked morosely as he got up, centuries-old joints creaking in protest. The elderly Temple Knight stood up, and walked out of the chamber and towards the exterior of the temple, and looked up.

A large missile, visible even from ground level, was rocketing towards them. It was moving too fast -- Sai was not knowledgeable enough in these sort of things, but he knew that the meager autoguns opening fire at the missile would not be enough to penetrate the nuclear casing.

Sai's spark was frozen with a cold visceral fear, a fear which he had not felt for a long time. The missile was, unmistakably, directed at him -- no, at the Temple and the Vector computer.

He raised his hands, and concentrated. Processor over matter.

He can't possibly move something so fast, nor can he deactivate it, but mayhaps he can deviate it's path elsewhere, or make it detonate early...

The missile buckled as Sai's mental energy poured into it, and it slowed down, a piece of its tail-wings were torn off by the sheer mental force.

Ah, but it isn't quite enough.

"Primus, forgive me." Sai said serenely as he lowered his outstretched his hands, and his optics closed. "Keeper, forgive me. Council of Elders, forgive me. Primus... into your hands we cast out fate."

With a peaceful smile and his hands crossed behind his back, Sai mercifully only felt a short searing pain as the nuclear bomb tumbled down on top of the Temple and detonated. Sai was vaporized along with Vector Epsilon and the Temple.

And Tetrahex.

Iacon Streets

Grimlock snorted as Lugnut avoided his strike, twisting mid-air to attempt and alter his arc of flight. However, his relatively large mass meant it wasn't very successful. The point was moot, though, as Lugnut demolished the street. His opponent fell into the subway tunnels below, so Grimlock made no attempt to avoid the massive chasm.

"Not everyone born with malformed clubs as fists." Grimlock growled, wincing as several bullets dug into his feet. Grimlock swung his energo-blade with his right hand, the burning blade taking out the rest of the bullets coming at him.

The Autobot landed on his slightly-damaged feet, planting his sword into the ground. "But since you asked nicely..." Grimlock's other arm pulled out the Sub-Atomic Machinegun and aimed it at Lugnut, and opened fire. "Eat modern technology, 'Con scum!"

Security Room, The Senate

It had taken Skywarp a relatively long time (for a teleporter) to reach the security hub. It took five minutes and an office filled with now-dead bureaucrats or something before he realized he was holding the map upside-down.

Afterwards it's just a matter of teleporting in and out of the room and spraying bullets towards the surprised security guards, who are even more stupid than the Autotroopers in the Autobot base.

Chucking the Autobots' spent machinegun to the side and replacing them with two assault rifles which he clipped awkwardly to his hips (Skywarp missed his original shoulder-mounted machineguns), he looked up at the panel of monitors... of which some were riddled with bullets. And one had half a guard sticking out of it.

Oh well. Starry said to destroy it, after all, not take it over. Skywarp liked Starscream. His orders were fun and easy to do.

Propping himself up on a chair, Skywarp begin to unload bullets into the remaining panel of computers.

Tagan Heights

"Seriously? I've heard better jokes from Fasttrack, and he's a crap AI." Scorponok snorted at Predacon. "Besides, your alternate mode doesn't so much as fly as clatter precariously through the air."

Scorponok aimed his tail-stinger at Topspin and opened fire. "Come, come, Autobots! We're back for round two!"

Southeast Border, Iacon

The Sentinel tanks (name chosen, obviously, by Sentinel Prime) took the brunt of the fire without problem, being retrofitted with panels of Supreme-class Sentinels.

Their simple minds told them to charge up their Nucleon Charge cannons and began opening fire at the incoming fragile Decepticons, which they did.

So did the autoturrets, now not needing to aim, began to rain down fire on the Decepticons.

"Hammer, send in the rest of our airborne division. Tear the turrets apart first, then we shall move in to the tanks." Obsidian told the Vehicon commander. "I shall lead the assault team going to the Eastern side of the wall. You take the West. Obsidian: obliterate!"

Old, gear-based circuits clattered and slid as Obsidian assumed his alternate mode, rotors whupping rapidly to compensate for the sudden change in shape, and small thrusters propelled the Decepticon aerospace commander forwards. Followed by a group of Vehicons and other Decepticons, they began to move towards the East and began to shell the turrets with missiles.

"Fair point. I'll be happy to arrange a training session with a blaster if you want to -- it's against Temple Knight decorum, perhaps, but it's not completely impractical to know how to pick up a weapon on the ground and use it." Prowl told Terabolt as he kicked a Vehicon and both tonfas slid out of his arms and began to swing them in rapid succession, striking and tearing through vital energon lines of several Vehicons that charged them, dropping them to the ground. "Not a sword person myself, though I admit that it's one of the most effective melee weapons out there."

He growled as waves and waves of Vehicons moved past them. "No." He shook his head. "This is not good."

He can only hope that the tanks can hold them enough until Rapido's promised anti-aircraft teams get there...

"Rapido, sir? Sentinel Prime, sir? I think... I think you need to look at this." One of the comm officers said, mouth open wide. "We just lost half of Protihex... it appears to be a nuke, sirs!"

"Valvolux's gone! I can't raise them on the comms!"

"Sir, we have lost all radio contact to Nova Cronum."

"Tetrahex's gone off the grid too, I know it's fairly small, but-"

"Optihex! Optihex just... disappeared off the map!"

Sentinel Prime's expression was steely cold, though Rapido would be able to tell that he realized what just happened.

No.

This is not possible.

The nuclear bombs he launched...

His attempt at equalizing the situation...

What did he just do?

"I... require a moment." Sentinel Prime said, voice wavering a little. "Rapido, you have the command until I return." With as much dignity as he could muster at the moment, Sentinel Prime moved with a fast pace out of the War Room, not bothering to keep his expression stable anymore.

This is not happening.

Lambor, a ranked officer, looked up from his console as Sentinel did his hasty retreat. He looked up at Rapido, and blinked. "Sir, what would you have us do? Should we inform Commander Magnus, Kup and the others?"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Iacon Airspace

"Fine by me, I hate waiting around for fun too," Dirge answered back to Ramjet, immediately starting to dive for street level.

Southeast Border, Iacon

"Oh I know how to use a blaster," Terabolt answered to Prowl between maneuvers. "I know how to use a few things you've probably never seen except in a database on account of how illegal they are. Advanced Knights get training in all weapons, including a few we confiscated. Elders say if you know what a weapon can do, you're better prepared for dealing with it when it comes at you. That's also how I know my hands shouldn't be anywhere near a blaster..." She added in a lower tone.