Guests and members, what do you think of our Toy Reviews section?

Problem? Question? Suggestion? Post it here.
Sir Auros

Guests and members, what do you think of our Toy Reviews section?

Post by Sir Auros »

The topic line really says it all. Suggestions, complaints, compliments are all welcome.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I like it, but I contribute to it so I'm probably baised. The scrolling menus work well (much better than the old format) and we've got a good mix of reviewers providing content.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Speaking entirely without bias also, its easily the best thing ever. The only extra thing I'd like is a link at the bottom of a review if there is an alternative review of the same toy. A bit pedantic perhaps, but I do also look at the excellent toy reviews at Transfans and I find I enjoy reading as many opinions about a toy as possible. e.g. I'd easily read several reviews of Battle Ravage as it gives a wider opinion to base a purchase on.

OR maybe important addendums? like Binaltech Hound and his easily pop-offable doors, or interesting notes like how the wing mirrors are incorrectly designed, or in the case of Alternator Tracks and Meister, links to their alternative colours, like the Red Meister and the Blue Tracks.
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

the toy reriviews are great, but in armada demolishers reriview there are a big error, the review says the same twise, like someone did hit a coppy botton

I could mention otthe small error, but i won't
Clay

Post by Clay »

It's neat... when I first starting looking for transformers' sites on the internet, I was just browsing for pictures. It was neat to see write-ups of the toys along with them.

I can definately say with the armada stuff it got me to buy or avoid some figures. Some other reviews even made me get some older figures on ebay (RID Scourge is a good example) that I wouldn't have known otherwise. And, I've also disagreed with some reviews. (I like energon insecticon, so phooey on you, Luke!)

As far as writing reviews goes, I suppose it's just an opportunity to wax on whatever toy's amusing or irritating me at the moment. It's a fun way to get those linguistic muscles flexing before having to write something for a class.
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

I love it. It's great. One of my favorite things is the summery in the end. All the other sites has 2 lines of summery and an overall grade. This is the only site with a detailed summery,giving you the pros and cons of 5 most important details.
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

Auros, is it just me or have you switced the box art pictures between MW Megatron and MW Megaplex?
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by RUNAMOK
Auros, is it just me or have you switced the box art pictures between MW Megatron and MW Megaplex?

No, the tech spec pictures are right, it's Kenner/Hasbro who screwed up the coloring. :p
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Anyway to add comments to reviews? Some how somewhere?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Clay
It's a fun way to get those linguistic muscles flexing before having to write something for a class.
Yeah, I find I enjoy writing as much as reading these days...
Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
way to add comments to reviews?
It's a bastard to administrate the r0x0rZ/sUx0rZ crowd and spam links such things generate. Maybe something based on board registration would be practicable, but we're not averse to posting alternate reviews that are substantially different.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

All the reviews are great, the only critisism I'd make is that we don't get enough Aunty Slag ones as he has made me wet myself with laughter more than once. We should chain him to a desk and force him to review every TF ever made until he goes mad. Just now I was glancing through my Maximum Force review as I was printing it off (to impress friends and family with;) ), and I realised how much I'd been trying subconciously to "Do a Slag", and if I imitate you, you know you're good :p
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!