Decepticon Firepower

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon

Tracks shows up with Sideswipe and Red Alert in the movies unreleased storyboards. I believe Devastator steps on him and thats it.
Nope.
Red Alert gets shot in the back.
But never happened so doesn't matter.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon

Back on topic, I'm just saying that the vast resources of Cybertron would have boosted the Cons energy level to maximum having conquered it.
I take issue with that in two ways:
1)Didn't the Autobots leave Cybertron because they were running out of resources?

2)How come Rodimus's troops weren't invincible after the movie? Wouldn't they have been able to use the same upgrades?
E Nice
Protoform

Post by E Nice »

Well, Unicron did tromp around the surface of Cybertron. Considering how large he is and then take into account both Cybertron and Unicron's gravity, there must have been some sub-surface damage, perhaps collapsing some levels and restricting use of whatever limited resources were there and destroying the rest.
Patrol
Protoform

Post by Patrol »

Or maybe the autobots were to noble to kill, so they decided to use their low-power weapons after all :)
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Or maybe it's not the weapons, but personal forcefields that are responsable for all the death in TF:TM.

I'd say every Transformer has a personal forcefield, just like the Stunticons have. The Autobots don't have enough Energon --> less power for the forcefield --> death. The Decepticons only got casualties later in the battle, when they were getting depleted too. Last time I posted that theory, I didn't hear any arguement that contradicts it, so I think it's a good theory....
Best First
Protoform

Post by Best First »

one possible contradiction would be the fact that there were several points in the cartoon where people were low on fuel, but no one seemed to suffer fatally from it.

Cliffy's reasoning on the subject strikes the most resonance with me.
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Originally posted by Best First
one possible contradiction would be the fact that there were several points in the cartoon where people were low on fuel, but no one seemed to suffer fatally from it.
Can you name an episode in which someone was almost out of fuel and got shot? I know there probably are cases in which it happens, but nobody seemed to bother checking it out....
E Nice
Protoform

Post by E Nice »

FFoD where Rodimus and Grimlock fire at the energon deprived Cons. They must have been so low that they were absorbing whatever energy they could get just to survive. :p
Jassi
Protoform

Post by Jassi »

Some interesting theorys. My thought is, wasn't the main reason they remained on Earth due to the depleted power resources avaliable on Cybertron? I mean after they had the space bridge the deceps could have returned to Cybertron anytime. From the bits and pieces I've gathered, it was under decep control in the hands of Shockwave till Megs returned. The deceps chose not to return because the war had seriously depleted the kind of power reserves that is needed to fight a war. So they stayed on Earth with its abundant energy resources so they could fight.

I'd have to say, the killing that occured in the movie was unfortantley nothing more than a way to intro new toys.

Otherwise why didn't the deceps just return to cybertron on the space bridge, destroy it and leave the majority of the autobot forces trapped on Earth with no way to return home? Then Megs would have just had to mop up the last bit of Autobot resistance, fortify his defences and wait for the Earth autobots to find a way to build a new space ship, but when they returned they'd be vastly outnumbered and outgunned.
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Originally posted by E Nice
FFoD where Rodimus and Grimlock fire at the energon deprived Cons. They must have been so low that they were absorbing whatever energy they could get just to survive. :p
FFOD is an animation error. You shouldn't take anything from that episode seriously.... ;)

Which part is it?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

It's the part where Rod and Grimlock go to Charr to see if the 'cons took Magnus and the others, at the end of part one/beginning of part two. The 'cons absorbing all the energy they could find would also explain why Rod and Grim could take the combined firepower of the whole Decepticon army and leave without a scratch.
E Nice
Protoform

Post by E Nice »

Wasn't that because the Decepticon weapons were extremely low on power to the point of ineffectiveness?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Yes.
No matter how low Cybertron was on resources, it obviously had more than Charr. So the Cons could have sucked the energy out of their guns and used it to fuel themselves, as a stopgap.
Anyway, I think that the Cons had a power core installed on Cybertron, much like the one the Bots installed later, and that it was destroyed by Unicron. The plant produced enough power to allow the Cons to charge and fire their weapons at a high level. The Bots might simply not have had theirs on long enough to reap this benefit from it, or theirs could have produced less power.
Patrol
Protoform

Post by Patrol »

Originally posted by Jassi
Otherwise why didn't the deceps just return to cybertron on the space bridge, destroy it and leave the majority of the autobot forces trapped on Earth with no way to return home? Then Megs would have just had to mop up the last bit of Autobot resistance, fortify his defences and wait for the Earth autobots to find a way to build a new space ship, but when they returned they'd be vastly outnumbered and outgunned.
Because if the decepticons left the autobots on Earth, the autobots would get soooooooo much energy supply from humans that this fight on the shuttle at the beginning of the movie would end up in decepticon corpses left by Brawn, Prowl, Ironhide and Ratchet alone :).
Best First
Protoform

Post by Best First »

Originally posted by Kickback

Can you name an episode in which someone was almost out of fuel and got shot? I know there probably are cases in which it happens, but nobody seemed to bother checking it out....
in all honesty, noy off the top of my head. Im just playing Devils advocate really, i think its quite a good theory (within the cartoon continuity anyway).