Decepticon Firepower

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ultimate Weapon

Decepticon Firepower

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

The Cons are waging war and wreaking havoc as usual, during the TV series. Most of the Autobots all survive the bombardment. Then the Movie comes out and they are all dropping like flies. Heres my idea, during the series the Cons weapons are only at 50% or less. Due to lack of Cybertronian resources they are less lethal. In the movie they have conquered Cybertron and can now tap into the full power of Cybertrons energy. Allowing their firepower to function at full capacity, deadly setting. It works kinda like a Star Trek phaser, with different settings. So at 100% they are able to execute more Autobots than before.
Blitzwheel
Protoform

Post by Blitzwheel »

A sound theory but the Decepticons had already conquered Cybertron during the series, the Autobots are not much more then a resistance group, rather than an opposing side in a war. My theory is that during the 20 year gap between the end of season 2 and the movie, the Decepticons simply advanced their weapons technology. However, after the destruction of most of their forces by Unicron and their subsequent retreat to Charr, they simply no longer had the resources to sustain this improved weaponry technology.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Or the cartoon is just poorly written and the Movie contradicted the TV show in many ways.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

name them, from what i know there are no contradictions - yeah they have a huge city, some new bots and the matrix but theres a 20 yr gap between the end of season 2 and the movie in which they could have achieved those.
Patrol
Protoform

Post by Patrol »

But the situation looks silly. Just think: for 20 years no transformer has died and suddenly because of just one attack which took something like 3 days we have a lot of casualties!
E Nice
Protoform

Post by E Nice »

What if that resistance group kept disrutping/destroying facilities that would have increased Decepticon weapon strength? And when the movie comes along, Decepticons managed to kick all Autobot resistance off the planet, leaving their laboratories free to continue their work unharrassed.
Patrol
Protoform

Post by Patrol »

It might have been that way, but we don't know it. Yet I remember that in tf comic there was hardly any autobot attack that didn't end up in someone's death (usually an autobot).
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Come on guys. We all know that the censors would not have shown Autobots getting terminated right and left by the Decepticons. That's the reality.

The Movie allowed more of a realistic approach to the Civl War aspect. There's no need to rationalize "improved weapons technology."
-------
Sig courtesy of the Sig Master, Skywarp!
-------
Former AWF Tag Team Champion
Co-Hardcore Champion (x 2)
Member of Pulp Faction!
-------
TF Archive RPG Co-Player of the Year
-------
Patrol
Protoform

Post by Patrol »

Why wouldn't censors show it? I understand G.I. Joe where real people are fighting, but tf featured robots who have no blood etc. So where is the problem?
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Here is why the weapons suddenly became so powerful: THEY HAD TO KILL OFF CHARACTERS FOR THE NEW TOYS!

There is no other reason the Decepticon's weapons would boost up and the Autobot's wouldn't.
What you think in 20 years the Autobots weren't advancing aswell? You think they just suddenly slacked off?

It would explain their aim but thats just it. The movie was a commercial plain and simple. Kill off old toys introduce new toys.
E Nice
Protoform

Post by E Nice »

Originally posted by Blaster_86
What you think in 20 years the Autobots weren't advancing aswell? You think they just suddenly slacked off?
Yes. I mean, after millions of years the Autobots still have not been given their own forces the ability to fly in robot form even though they seem to know about it (Dinobots). ;)
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Originally posted by Blaster_86
Here is why the weapons suddenly became so powerful: THEY HAD TO KILL OFF CHARACTERS FOR THE NEW TOYS!
And that's why no one died during the TV broadcasts. Who's gonna buy a toy if the character dies in the fourth episode on TV? They kept them around until they had been milked for all they were worth, and then they killed most of 'em off in the movie!:(
Blitzwheel
Protoform

Post by Blitzwheel »

Originally posted by Patrol
But the situation looks silly. Just think: for 20 years no transformer has died and suddenly because of just one attack which took something like 3 days we have a lot of casualties!
Who ever said no one died in that 20 year gap? There are tons of TF's who were in the first two seasons but were never seen during the movie or season 3. Mirage, Hound, Cosmos, Warpath, Tracks, Hoist, the list goes on and on.

Edit: And then of course I really should have mentioned the greatest Autobot of all: Roller :D
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Originally posted by Blitzwheel

Who ever said no one died in that 20 year gap? There are tons of TF's who were in the first two seasons but were never seen during the movie or season 3. Mirage, Hound, Cosmos, Warpath, Tracks, Hoist, the list goes on and on.
Warpath was seen after the movie, in FFOD.
Hound, I do believe, was in the movie for about one second.
Still, point taken. What happened to Reflector, or Smokescreen, or Bluestreak, or probobly a dozen others?
The answer is likely that Hasbro told the writers not to use minor first and second year TF's, because they wanted to sell the new ones. Still, you have a good explaination for where they went, in-story.
Blitzwheel
Protoform

Post by Blitzwheel »

Well you get the point. Oh, and not that it matters but Reflector was seen at Starscream's coronation
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

We can spend all day pointing out who showed up where when, but I'm still going to be in agreement with you. I'd always assumed that the chars who weren't seen after the movie were given duties that kept them away from the camera, but your idea is much more likely. After all, Rodimus was too inept to understand who's best for what job (i.e.:Grimlock's New Brain). If they were alive, they probably would have shown up at least once.
Blitzwheel
Protoform

Post by Blitzwheel »

Well I admit it's quite possible they were simply doing somthing else. Many Autobots has often talked about how they didn't want to be soldiers but they had to be so they could help take back their planet. Perhaps when the Autobots reclaimed Cybertron they simply left the military and took up normal lives.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

True, but I can hardly imagine Tracks doing that. I'd have expected him to stay on Earth, he loved it so mutch. Hopefully, his absence is indeed a sign of death. His body wouldn't have been on the 'bots Grave Ship, though, since he'd probably want to be buried on Earth.

Plus, if he died, I'd want to see it, so I can laugh. Same goes for Wheelie or Blaster (cartoon Blaster only, though. Comic blaster kicked ass.)
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Originally posted by Warcry

or Blaster (cartoon Blaster only, though. Comic blaster kicked ass.)
Hmph.

They both kicked ass :p
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Originally posted by Warcry
True, but I can hardly imagine Tracks doing that. I'd have expected him to stay on Earth, he loved it so mutch. Hopefully, his absence is indeed a sign of death. His body wouldn't have been on the 'bots Grave Ship, though, since he'd probably want to be buried on Earth.

Plus, if he died, I'd want to see it, so I can laugh. Same goes for Wheelie or Blaster (cartoon Blaster only, though. Comic blaster kicked ass.)
Tracks shows up with Sideswipe and Red Alert in the movies unreleased storyboards. I believe Devastator steps on him and thats it.
Back on topic, I'm just saying that the vast resources of Cybertron would have boosted the Cons energy level to maximum having conquered it. This being said the were able to sustain battle for longer periods of time, like the whole Autobot City attack lasting all night. In the cartoon no battle ever took place of this epic proportion before. Megatron and Co. would always retreat because they had to recharge.