Was Ten alive?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Was Ten alive?

Post by Auntie Slag »

Did James Roberts ever give a definitive explanation about Ten’s sentience? I’ve read the TF Wiki page on Ten but it doesn’t say anything helpful. I don't believe Swerve was able to create life from nothing when he reconfigured Ten as a doorman & I was content that a proper explanation would come eventually... but it never did, I guess because of all the forced truncating and race to finish the series for the reboot.

Also, did the Legislators come in various sizes? When Skids escaped from Tyrest and appeared in issue two he wok up in a ship that I assumed was made of three legislators, and when they separated into robot modes they were massive. Ten is a little guy by comparison.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Re: Was Ten alive?

Post by Skyquake87 »

I like to think he developed sentience. On the basis that as a drone with some sort of A.I. he'd be able to learn/ experience more, once reprogrammed which could lead to the development of a consciousness. He certainly displayed attributes of someone with something going on - the art work, models he made and so on.

I think the Legislators sizing depends on who was drawing them on a given day...! :P In fiction, sure, why not?
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I’ll have to go back and check, I think there was a line said by Tyrest to Getaway that the legislators were made from the melted down bodies of Circle of Light members. I might be totally wrong on that, but if I’m not it still feels rather a half-assed way to give Ten sentience alongside a bit of Swerve tinkering. It doesn’t sound like a very James Roberts reason to explain his being.

Anyway, this is stuff popping back into my head because we’re all stuck at home during the lockdown and I’ve been listening to the podcast the last couple of nights! :)

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I get Johnny 5 vibes with Ten. That whole business at the end of Lost Light on Cyberutopia suggested he may have had a spark, so maybe the Legislators are the Circle, but lobotomised or somesuch.
Hot Rod Here
Protoform

Post by Hot Rod Here »

He might’ve developed sentience.