[UK convention/other meetups]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Smiggy
Protoform

Post by Smiggy »

Thank you Denyer.

Hello to all. It's a great shame, that I will not be able to attend the convention next month due to personal reasons. If I was going to go, I was hell-bent on meeting Venus Turzo, and asking her for a short custom audio message in her Blackarachnia voice. It would have been based on a custom script for no more than about a minute.

I've been fortunate enough to get the same done by many of the other Beast War voice actors. I desperately wish to add her to the list. I messaged her on Facebook to see if we could arrange this privately, but I got no response. I then contacted her agency in Canada, and they basically told me to get lost, lol. I THEN got in touch with TFNation who said they will make an attempt to pull it off in exchange for a £100. They suggested, it'd be much easier, if I know someone who will be attending, and to ask them to do it on my behalf. That's when, I decided to venture here to tfarchive back after so many years, to see if someone here can help me.

I tried the twf2005/Seibertron forums, but no one has volunteered to help.

Denyer has been kind of to allow me to make this request in this thread.

Making a donation to the stall won't be an issue. I am more than happy to. :)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Offhand I'd suggest something like a £25 donation. I've no idea how someone's likely to view a request -- TFN is geared towards autographs being free, but I'd think it best to open a conversation with a for-charity pitch. If Andy's lurking he might be able to advise.

If I take one of the Galaxy demo units I've got and enlist Dalek if he's willing (I assume he'd be after an autograph) two of us trying to record it improves the chances.

Have you got the suggested script? Am assuming it's family friendly and no big secret; TFN's a big open hall event.
Smiggy
Protoform

Post by Smiggy »

Hey y'all.

Script is still being worked on.

£25 won't be an issue at all. How I would make that payment? Would I pay one of you guys, and you simply pass on the cost?

Just to clarify, do you mean we ask Venus to carry out this request in return for a charity made to the event?

The script will be very family friendly - rest assured.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Can sort it out after by PayPal or whatever -- yeah, would suggest making the donation to Toy-Fu, whose nominated charity is (I assume still) Mary's Meals. I've got a few older Roberts MTMTE scripts I was going to chuck in their direction to get signed and sell too; probably won't get chance to sort out TFs to clear out this year.

Anyway, haven't got too early a start tomorrow but I'd best turn in.
Smiggy
Protoform

Post by Smiggy »

Denyer wrote:Can sort it out after by PayPal or whatever -- yeah, would suggest making the donation to Toy-Fu, whose nominated charity is (I assume still) Mary's Meals. I've got a few older Roberts MTMTE scripts I was going to chuck in their direction to get signed and sell too; probably won't get chance to sort out TFs to clear out this year.

Anyway, haven't got too early a start tomorrow but I'd best turn in.
Good morning, or afternoon now.

I will be happy to make a donation of £25 to Toy-Fu.

Do they have a PayPal address, or is there a link, I can have?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Sorry, meant that I'd make the offer and donation on the day. We can sort things out after.

Their page is here if interested -- https://www.facebook.com/toyfu332/
Smiggy
Protoform

Post by Smiggy »

Denyer wrote:Sorry, meant that I'd make the offer and donation on the day. We can sort things out after.

Their page is here if interested -- https://www.facebook.com/toyfu332/
Ah okay. I'll be happy to pay it before you make the trip.

Just a side question. Are you going to make the offer in the presence of Venus, or to the organisers at the con?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Queue up and ask if she'd mind, and hope Stu's managed to butter her up before making a pitch since I don't know a great deal about BW beyond having spent twenty years in the company of people who used to talk about it a lot.
Smiggy
Protoform

Post by Smiggy »

Denyer wrote:Queue up and ask if she'd mind, and hope Stu's managed to butter her up before making a pitch since I don't know a great deal about BW beyond having spent twenty years in the company of people who used to talk about it a lot.
Ahhh, I seee!!

Who's STu? One of the users?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Smiggy
Protoform

Post by Smiggy »

E-mailed him.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Will hopefully get to messages this evening but a bit bogged down with work.

TFNation programme is now published:

https://tfnation.com/media/tfnation-201 ... hedule.pdf

If I'd clocked that Friday was going to be more or less a full day I'd have made more effort to organise doing it -- might pop over for the Brave and Thew panels and to pick up wristband.

Apparently Stu/Dalek is going to be on the Saturday podcast panel, so I trust we're all going along to heckle.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Denyer wrote: Apparently Stu/Dalek is going to be on the Saturday podcast panel, so I trust we're all going along to heckle.

Indeed, I'm so busy with various things (at least in theory, assuming nothing falls through) I'm really not going to have time to become a voice director.

Hey, did I mention you can get The Book 2 at the con?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I'll be up for heckle.... I can't remember when I'll get there though. Hopefully in time!
inflatable dalek

The podcast panel is actually on at the same time as the Hachette panel, so I now suspect it's an elaborate ruse to stop me being there to ask difficult subscriber questions.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Hopefully someone will ask 'why have you managed to repeatedly lose information you've already been given and why do you give non-answers in your email replies?'
Smiggy
Protoform

Post by Smiggy »

Denyer wrote:Will hopefully get to messages this evening but a bit bogged down with work.

TFNation programme is now published:

https://tfnation.com/media/tfnation-201 ... hedule.pdf

If I'd clocked that Friday was going to be more or less a full day I'd have made more effort to organise doing it -- might pop over for the Brave and Thew panels and to pick up wristband.

Apparently Stu/Dalek is going to be on the Saturday podcast panel, so I trust we're all going along to heckle.
Roger that.
Flimflammery
Protoform

Post by Flimflammery »

So, who is going to TFNation? I will be there on the Saturday and Sunday (looking forward to hopefully picking up one or two annotated scripts from Roberts before the good ones get sold out!)
inflatable dalek

*Waves*

I shall be there all weekend!
Flimflammery
Protoform

Post by Flimflammery »

I had assumed you might be ;-) See you there! Sorry I haven't asked to purchase volume two of your book, I'm a bit overloaded with stuff to read at the moment, and I haven't got round to volume one yet. I'll get there in the end!