Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Book

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Blackjack

Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Book

Post by Blackjack »

Source

A hardcover book that explores the Thirteen, or the Thirteen as Hasbro's 'aligned continuity' portray them as. We've seen glimpses to this mindset from Exodus and Exiles, as well as some leaked pictures from various other sources. Written by Justina Robson.

The book comes in a special wall mountable Autobot symbol case that features three "transforming" sound effects that are activated as the interlocking pieces are separated to reveal a cover by Ken Christiansen.

The Thirteen Primes are as follows: Prima, Vector Prime, Onyx Prime, Alpha Trion, Micronus Prime, Alchemist Prime, Solus Prime, Nexus Prime, Amalgamous Prime, Quintus Prime, Liege Maximo, Megatronus (Fallen), The Thirteenth Prime. Or the so-called 'Aligned Universe's version of them at least.

The pictures below contain Quintus Prime, Loki Liege Maximo and Vector Prime, as well as a redesign for Unicron

We had briefly glimpsed all thirteen Primes in the Transformers Prime cartoon series, way back in season one. Prima, Vector Prime, Alpha Trion, Liege Maximo, the Fallen and Nexus Prime are all based on fairly major characters from past franchises, and Solus Prime's a rather major posthumous character in the Prime cartoon series.

The book comes in at 176 pages and is priced at $99.00.

Here are some previews:
Ominous guy
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Amalgamous and Quintus Prime
Loki Liege Maximo
Megatronus and Thirteen
Unicron
Page 13
[url="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-uyfjcJQwLZ4/U ... us+012.jpg]Vector Prime[/url]

Cue TFWiki people trying to shove this backstory behind every single continuity.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

looks interesting...who has written it? $99 is a bit much for me though :(
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Someone called Justina Robson.

I balk at the price myself as well, which is unreasonable since the only reason the book seems to be priced so much is the ridiculous transforming case.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Hmm... wasn't expecting much from this but read through the preview pages and was mildly impressed by the mythological literacy it seems to show. This isn't someone cribbing Warcraft and Jack Kirby (well, maybe they are a little bit) and has some nice touches - childish Unicron and the unwinnable computer games stand out.

The art, though, is terribly uninspired.

Have to say though that I'm less keen on a Definitive Sourcebook for fictional histories and mythologies than I am on hearing snatches of such through the voices of characters with specific points of view. Cyclonus' story in the MTMTE annual was interesting mostly because of what it told us about Cyclonus, not what it told us about Primus & Friends.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

As a coffee table book it could be fun, but it needs a lot more than the case to be worth 50ish quid.

Though if every copy contained a tear from Furman wept over the fact he's not writing it, I'd pay.

Shame Roberts isn't doing it (though the authors name does sound like his female counterpart).
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Terome wrote:
Have to say though that I'm less keen on a Definitive Sourcebook for fictional histories and mythologies than I am on hearing snatches of such through the voices of characters with specific points of view. Cyclonus' story in the MTMTE annual was interesting mostly because of what it told us about Cyclonus, not what it told us about Primus & Friends.
Couldn't agree more. The mystery is more important than the answers; it's the reason there could never be a "good" ending to LOST and the reason the Hyrule Historia wasn't a satisfying read.
I like bears.
chrischarles840
Protoform

Re: Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Book

Post by chrischarles840 »

I just purchased this book from a local seller. Very cool transforming cover. However, this book had blank pages. Any idea why that is? Could this be proof check prior to publishing?
Denyer

Re: Transformers: The Covenant of Primus Book

Post by Denyer »

As in lots of them?

The scans I've seen go up to page 175. It's possible if the book was solicited with a higher page count there are are blanks bound with it to avoid changing listings (seem to recall it's an issue with sellers) but the Amazon UK listing is 176 pages. Could be a proof, I suppose.

It's one of those things I'd probably pick up on a whim as it has a bit of nice scenery-type art, but not really a fan of unified continuity stuff.