Who did you really want to see in any of the movies?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Firestrider57
Protoform

Who did you really want to see in any of the movies?

Post by Firestrider57 »

There was a whole litany of characters I would have loved to see in any of the three movies, or (Please, not yet) a fourth movie:

Movie 1: Their War , Our World (2007)
1. Prowl: I am a huge Prowl fan. Prowl would have made an excellent character due to the logic factor. Prowl would have had a great "strategy" character alongside Jazz in TWOW. Chevrolet Impala Police Cruiser
2. Cliffjumper: He was in the comic books, but not in the movie. Awesome if a "funny man " for Bumblebee.Chevy Camaro SS (Red)
3. Bluestreak: A gunner totally shellshocked by the thoughts of Cybertron burning at the hands of Megatron.
4. Thundercracker: This would have been a good time to introduce Thundercracker as Starscream's henchman.
5. Rumble: He would have been great at the Hoover Dam (Pontiac Torrent)
6. Runamok: Why ?Dunno, I just like the Battlecharger's name.

Movie 2 : ROTF
1. Smokescreen: The retooling of Jazz as a Pontiac Solstice in Smokescreen colors.
2. Brawn: Yet another fighter at Shang Hai and in Egypt against Devastator. Gatling on back. Chevrolet Avalanche
3. SeaSpray: Naval hero who speaks like Shipwreck in GI Joe Real American Hero . Hovercraft
4. Buzzsaw: A Phoenix-type bird-bot that lit up in battle. Kawasaki V-twin Motorcycle
5: Skywarp: Megatron's true second in command vying for supremacy over Starscream.
6: Thrust: A Vtol Aircraft who fights in Egypt . Harrier Fighter Jet.

Movie 3: DOTM
1. Omega Supreme -- Duh! Who didn't want to see him . Man! was I ever disappointed! Space Shuttle and launch pad.
2. Warpath-- This would have been PERFECT for this dude! Crusader Tank
3. Aerialbots-- All 5 of them! Silverbolt : Rockwell B1-B, Strafe : F- 18, Slingshot : F-35, Skyblast: F117 Stealth, Airraid: F-18
4: Powerglide: For real, not just in figure mode. A-10 Thunderbolt
5: Astrotrain: great in space. Space shuttle and French TGV train.
6. Insecticons: instead of all those faceless drones

Who else would have been great?
1.Cyclonus (DOTM)
2. Ultra Magnus ( DOTM)
3. Blaster (ROTF)
4. Scourge (DOTM)
5. Blurr (ROTF, DOTM)
6.Metroplex (DOTM or a TF4 (yeah right))
7. Trypticon (ROTF, DOTM)
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Logic.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Personally I'm very pleased that none of the movieverse Transformers are direct caricatures of the G1 characters. Geewun fans can bitch all they want, but I would hate to see Starscream pull off another stab-you-in-the-back thing.

Well, of course for fans ideally every Transformer from Skywarp to Bluestreak to Erector would be in the movie. But this movie isn't a fangasm thing like Animated, so thankfully we don't get another endless version of the Seekers or whatever. Might be harsh, and while I'm a G1 fan myself it would be terrible to see those cartoon not-personalities in the live action movie.

Besides, budgetary reasons and stuff... the first movie can only have, what, 12, 13 character models? Making CGI of these robots realistically aren't cheap, you know.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I've read the first post about eight times now, and still can't come up with a reply...
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

I'd rather have them ditch a few characters. I was really disappointed to see that guys like Barricade were able to make it up to the 3rd movie. The Autobots seem to lose guys left and right between movies, Decepticons can only die onscreen?

Autobots could do with less sportscars. They could have gone with Hound or something instead of Dino.
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper
ΩΩΩ

Post by ΩΩΩ »

Sorry, misread it as what, not who.

Glyph, Rook, the green centurion guys from The Key to Vector Sigma, Goryu.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

It is kind of interesting that they have an extensive use of Decepticon, no-name, drones...and yet they didn't use any of the essentially ready-made drones, like the Seekers.

It could be that they were trying to keep Starscream a bit of a lone menace, and making Thundercracker and Skywarp (or others) would have lessened his impact. But, by movie two, they'd completely castrated him anyway, and made him a snivling non-threat by the third movie...killed by Sam. (I'm sorry, but that whole scene was crap. Just grab the cable and slide your massive, metal hand down it until you completely mangle Sam hanging from the end of it. End of story. Don't need to see to do that. :/)

Any who...I was a little disappointed that Discovery wasn't a Transformer. What ever happend to Uncle Phil preportedly being Silverbolt?
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Consensus is that he was lying - though I did think he was going to be that Autobot-logo bearing Learjet.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

They had to cut him out due to discovering that having Uncle Phil, Spock and Eeyore in the same movie would cause the Universe to explode.

I want Grimlock for the next one, the only way to out Michael Bay Michael Bay is to have a giant robot T-Rex doing the making things explode really loudly thing. Especially if he's being ridden by a woman in tiny shorts.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Sades

Post by Sades »

inflatable dalek wrote:I want Grimlock for the next one
This.

And Sludge. Sludge never gets any love.

Roller! *is shot*
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm still mildly amazed with the trailer getting into DotM that there wasn't some mental Roller-type device (say, a rocket-powered exploding spike on a trolley) included.

Personally I think the TF casts were about right - wishing for Smokescreen or Red Alert or Sunstreaker seems to be missing the point as there wasn't space (or really a requirement) to fully explore who we did see. I think it helps all three films that it's relatively easy to keep track of who's where at any one time.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Still would have been nice to have Wheeljack instead of the goofy professor 'bot in DOTM. Likewise with Dino, there are enough Autobot sports cars, if they really wanted to introduce yet another one there were a heap of existing TF's to choose from thus keeping fans and petrol heads happy.

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
horizon
Protoform

Post by horizon »

Ya, he's Wheeljack and the other Mirage. Que and Dino are nicknames.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

:citation:
Que explicitly says "My name's Que". They were designed as such and both later changed, but they aren't the film characters' names.

Thing is, the idea of substituting either shows just how pointless using old names for new characters. If Que was called Wheeljack the only change would be "How come Wheeljack sucked compared to all the great stuff he did in the cartoon like, um, wait a minute... was he the ambulance guy?" or "What's the point in having Mirage if he's nothing like Mirage?". You may as well ask why Black Out wasn't one of the many, many memorable Decepticon helicopters from past series, like the one out of the Combaticons who didn't have a personality (seriously, they're the tactician, the spiv, the aristo, the moron and... you know, the other one).

For film producers versus fanboys, they're onto a losing hand either way. They reuse a name, they get people wondering why they're not exactly like a character that largely only exists in misconceptions. They use a new name, they get people wondering why they didn't use an old name.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Yeah, I agree full out with Cliffy here. Personally I'm very glad that Que and Dino are named as such instead of many other fan's mad insisting that they must be called Wheeljack and Mirage and Wheeljack and Mirage... despite the fact that none of them actually did shit that resemble Wheeljack and Mirage.

Just because some IDW comics that were doled out named them Wheeljack and Mirage doesn't mean that God has spoken.

Really, naming Que 'Wheeljack' would just incite another storm like 'Starscream isn't like Geewun Starscream' or 'Ratchet is not white and red they have ruined him forever'. IIRC Bay stated that he knows that he's basically making new characters, so he didn't bother with whatever mandatory Hasbro name was doled out for Que. While Dino was named Dino because of Ferrari mandate.

Although, that said, 'Que' still irks me. Why can't he be called simply Q? It's so much nicer to look at.
ΩΩΩ

Post by ΩΩΩ »

Cliffjumper wrote:For film producers versus fanboys, they're onto a losing hand either way. They reuse a name, they get people wondering why they're not exactly like a character that largely only exists in misconceptions.
Well, you say people. In my experience, from the people I've conversed with about the films, nobody seems to give a damn. It's not a subject that's ever come up, from multiple conversations with multiple people of multiple ages. Can I say multiple some more, it's a good word. Especially when you say it multiple times. Multiple.

It's only when folks are given a keyboard and an interwebz connection that it ever seems to be an issue of any kind. Unless you're at a TF convention of course, but that's something I try to avoid.

But then you did explicitly say fanboys initially, so I'm probably best ignored.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, my bad for using the word people in there, which is a pretty inaccurate one for describing said fanboys. I should have said crusty-boxered overweight virgins...

Transformers fans, like most fans, live in a bubble where the actual fame of Transformers stuff gets grossly exaggerated - Transformers fans love Wheeljack and have all heard of him. This does not extrapolate to the outside world. I doubt 95% + of those who saw DotM knew that Que and Dino were 'new' characters, or that Laserbeak was an 'old' character.
Dinobot#1

I agree

Post by Dinobot#1 »

Warpath would've awesome in DOTM noway Sentenal could get the best of two weapon speciales
Raven_Firewind

Post by Raven_Firewind »

Hmm. The thing I was disappointed about with the movies was the lack of character development and interaction. There was more human time on screen than actual Transformers. I understand budgeting probably had a hand in that last part, but I did kind of hope for more.

As for the many nameless Decepticon drones, and some of the Autobots that were named (but in the G1 series either didn't exist, or had limited time on screen) there were tons to choose from. It doesn't matter now, of course, since three of the movies are done.

I would have liked to see (in any of the movies):

Autobots: Prowl, Sunstreaker, Blaster, and Hound. 9at the very least; I thought there were too many characters in G1 as well; too many to focus on...and I love G1).

Decepticons: Thundercracker, Skywarp, Rumble, maybe the Stunticons...

Don't get me wrong, I still like Bay's films...I just think he could have done a bit more work on it. It would have been worth waiting for, if he had to take longer on the overall plotline.