Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

DEMO WILL BE OUT ON JUNE 10TH !
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Cool. I guess it's only for 360, though.
TMM

Post by TMM »

burnitall wrote:Cool. I guess it's only for 360, though.
Yeah, it's out today!!!

And it's absolutely awesome!!

I love ninja-ing about as a scout
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Well, I played a couple rounds. Some little scout killed me 10 seconds in when I spawned and was figuring out what did what. Sucks that it's only a multiplayer demo. The gameplay seems pretty tight. I got a few kills in before I shut it off.
Sades

Post by Sades »

If it wasn't cold and grey out I might mosey on down to the Toys R Us or somewheres before work to see what it's about. But fuzzy socks+miso soup+inside=comfy and warm.

So it's a multiplayer demo?
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Yep, only multiplayer. You get to play as Warpath, Bumblebee, Megatron, and Breakdown.
TMM

Post by TMM »

burnitall wrote:Yep, only multiplayer. You get to play as Warpath, Bumblebee, Megatron, and Breakdown.
I thought it was barricade? Didn't play as decepticons much

it shows off some of the customisation options too but they are locked away, not only can you change class and colour but you can also change what chassis you are, your weapons, skills and some passive attributes. I was dashing about invsibley and stabbing people with a sword.

Looks incredible to, shame there's onl one map on the demo
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

burnitall wrote:Yep, only multiplayer. You get to play as Warpath, Bumblebee, Megatron, and Breakdown.
Kinda. you get to use the character models for them. My Soldier is this odd green color. Looks more like Sparkcrusher then Warpath. ;)

You get access to the Scout and Soldier classes, can only level to 3, but you can take a look at how it's going to work.

Also you can have 3 characters of each class set up, and it looks like your levels you get are attached to the class, not the character, so you can use everything you've unlocked with each slot rather then have to trudge all the way through all the levels to get an upgrade you want so you can run "Insert-name-here" properly.

I managed to get both the Scout and the Soldier to level 3 in a few hours. Looks like it'll be a lot of fun when it drops. Can't wait.
Sades

Post by Sades »

It's available for download on the XBox 360. I can have my soup and eat it, too.

[edit: the demo is avail for dl that is. But then... if you aren't a doorknob, you've already figured that out.]
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Is it just me or do any other Wii gamers find the lack of info on our version a bit... disconcerting? It just seems that all other versions have had some sort of in depth look wich seems a tad suspicious.

This could just be me being sceptical as they might be saving the best till last for some reason like not wanting to further the stereotype that 3rd party developers like to f*ck over adult ninty fans.

Still if it all goes to pot I'll still have the DS version.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
TURBO CHARGER

Post by TURBO CHARGER »

Got the demo, its pretty fun. I'm thinking I will be getting this game.

ATTENTION: THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM YOUR FRIEND, TURBO CHARGER
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

electro girl wrote:Is it just me or do any other Wii gamers find the lack of info on our version a bit... disconcerting? It just seems that all other versions have had some sort of in depth look wich seems a tad suspicious.

This could just be me being sceptical as they might be saving the best till last for some reason like not wanting to further the stereotype that 3rd party developers like to f*ck over adult ninty fans.

Chances are since it's a Wii game developed by a 3rd party and not Nintendo it is probably not going to be any good. Nature of the Wii beast.

However, the DS has potential.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I'm guessing the Wii will get a crappy, dumbed-down, low-res version of the PS3/XBOX/PC game, like what they did with ROTF.
TMM

Post by TMM »

electro girl wrote:Is it just me or do any other Wii gamers find the lack of info on our version a bit... disconcerting? It just seems that all other versions have had some sort of in depth look wich seems a tad suspicious.

having played the 360 demo, if i were you, i would buy a 360 and not bother with the wii version... first of all it's called 'cybertron adventures' which is never a good sign, also it'll play like garbage on the wii
First we crack the shell... Then we crack the nuts inside!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Blaster wrote:Chances are since it's a Wii game developed by a 3rd party and not Nintendo it is probably not going to be any good. Nature of the Wii beast.

However, the DS has potential.
And Grimlock!

@TMM I'd love to be able to afford a 360 but I'm an unemployed art student who can't sell any work because chances are it won't fit in your living room.
Also I wouldn't have bought a Wii in the first place if I thought stuff'd play like garbage.

My hope is that it will emulate the handful of 3rd party developers who can make the Wii work for them and not just say "Pffft this'll do for 5yr olds who's up for early lunch?" As WFC certainly dosen't seem to be exclusivly child centric.
TMM

Post by TMM »

electro girl wrote: My hope is that it will emulate the handful of 3rd party developers who can make the Wii work for them and not just say "Pffft this'll do for 5yr olds who's up for early lunch?" As WFC certainly dosen't seem to be exclusivly child centric.
you're forgetting however that the Wii one is called "Cybertron Adventures" and therefore sounds very much aimed at the 5 year olds, i would stick with the ds ones to avoid dissappointment
First we crack the shell... Then we crack the nuts inside!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I'm aware of that it's just easier to keep it all under the WFC umbrella.

I suspect the name change for the Wii would have something to do with not wishing alienate parents who don't wan't to buy a 'war' game for their kids as I'd imagine a great deal of parents got a Wii for their kids instead of a gamer buying themselves a Wii or 360. Some people still seem to think that games are for kids (remember the conroversy surrounding the likes of Vice City and Bully). So I guess I'm hoping (Lots of hoping is making me even more fearful the Wii version'll be turd) that it's an effort the get more out of the Wii market, after all if the Wii as of tomorrow had nothing but the likes of Manhunt and Red Steel 2 to offer it's customers I can't imagine much success.
Sades

Post by Sades »

It's been a long time since I played this sort of game. I'm currently the loser who can't hit anything, is floundering about getting blown up every minute or so then respawning only to get blown up again. Oh, and randomly testing out my weapons. And, though you can't hear it, I'm also loudly yelling obscenities at my television as I'm doing so. Here's hoping the neighbours don't call the cops.

The thing that really pisses me off is that my goddamn connection keeps resetting, so I get booted out of games and don't get to keep any of the XP I've earned. The transforming button is badly placed IMO, I've accidently killed my Whirlwind attack more than once. That'll be reassigned.

When I have team mates that actually act like a team, it's good fun.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Got to play the demo last night, was quite enjoyable, despite all the locked stuff and only being one map.

It's like CoD or unreal tourny except you are your vehical.

The null rays a slight dissapointment, I saw it and was hoping for a stun weapon...
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

It's like CoD or unreal tourny except you are your vehical.
I agree the way the scoring is in game and the mulitplayer challeges that are in the full game give it a very CoD like feel.

I have to say that this game is looking like it is going be really good. The only thing that I am really worried about is how the flight controls are going to feel for the scientist class.