All Hail Megatron #13-16 / Vol. 4 TPB

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Dreadwing
Protoform

Post by Dreadwing »

StarscreamX wrote:Well we CAN be sure these stories are leading into the main series as IDW have flat out SAID they will be.
IDW have said a lot of things. If they say it, it will usually end up flat out wrong or accurate with many glarring errors.

examples:
"They dont want to flood the market" = 6 tf titles per month (late 08 - 09)
"Evolutions will be a what if... type title" = cancelled after one arc
"AHM was a hit and sold exceedingly well" = another semi reboot afterwards
"AHM is in continuity with the -ation series" = WTF?
"Denton Tipton edits TF comics for IDW" = another WTF?

I both want and dont want AHM to be included in the official continuity. I cant decide anymore. Also, has anyone noticed that there is a solicitation for a book called "Transformers: Continueum"? The link is in the thread for the new Ongoing #1 chat. It says its supposed to be a complete overview of the entire IDW G1 Continuity from Infiltration all the way through AHM. Perhaps they can use this to fix some of the problems and streamline the events. But thats to much to ask, all I expect from it is more confusion.
Commander Shockwav
Protoform

Post by Commander Shockwav »

Dreadwing wrote: I both want and dont want AHM to be included in the official continuity.

What's an "AHM"? Never heard of it.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Commander Shockwav wrote:What's an "AHM"? Never heard of it.
All Hail Megatron perhaps? ;)
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

er... :swirly:

Anyway, moving on... A guide to how the IDW verse hangs together would be great. It would let me know what to acknowledge and what to disregard. Seriously. It would really help with the new ongoing.

well, I'd buy it. if it came with a promise that IDW wouldnt at some point ignore/ replace/ change whats contained within.
Commander Shockwav
Protoform

Post by Commander Shockwav »

Springer85 wrote:All Hail Megatron perhaps? ;)
Never heard of it. Neither have you. Now let us never speak of this conversation again.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Springer85 wrote:All Hail Megatron perhaps? ;)
Look at the last issue thread for detalies.

Getting back to the on going, if IDW does do a reboot, any ideas as to who much of the current stuff is going to be offical cannon?
Hennessy
Protoform

Post by Hennessy »

Red Dave Prime wrote:Well ok, I dont really keep up with IDW press releases or message boards. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. But if the ongoing starts up and megatron is back in power as if nothing happened I'll be a bit miffed.

@ Halfshell : That bit about cyclonus being able to survive longer was one I thought of aswell but forgot to mention. In truth the powers of the undead transformers has been bizarly handled from the start. Galvatrons power of death (and passing that onto a reaper no less) havent been explained and probably cant be. But yeah, it got more muddled by the end of this one.

Still, we might actually get to straxus in a bigger role going by the namechecking.
Andy Schmidt explains that was a mistake on his part. This is from the Q&A thread on the IDW forum.
&quot wrote:So, let me just say for the record that I goofed and completely misinterpreted something in “Revelations.” I was not trying to erase continuity when I wrote that Cyclonus could out last Galvatron in our universe, I simply misread that in “Revelations” and no one caught it. It’s in print now and I can’t take it back, but it was an accident—no ill intent there.
http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewtopic.php?t=6553
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Dont usually read that kind of stuff but AS comes across pretty well. At least he admitted he goofed. Everyone gets one.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

I like how McCarthy RETCONNED the Hunter/Sunstreaker conversation from Devastation #3. Like, editing out mention of the threat from Scorponok, editing out Hunter's suggestion to get revenge, editing out Sunstreaker's "sure, why not, you got some extra room in there" approval, and adding another plea from Sunstreaker to Hunter to kill him AFTER Hunter suggested to become a Headmaster just so Sunstreaker comes across as being even more tortured, and Hunter comes across as nothing short of an ***. Yeah, totally not crapping over someone else's stories. :smack:
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Hennessy wrote:Andy Schmidt explains that was a mistake on his part. This is from the Q&A thread on the IDW forum.

http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewtopic.php?t=6553
Shame that large parts of the dialogue and story revolve around that cock-up.

Fair play to him for holding his hands up and admitting fault, but it doesn't really inspire confidence (though at least he's actually reading the previous stories... even if he's reading them wrong) in him or the editorial team as a whole (who to be honest lost my confidence long ago when they decided that the right to complain about something you've paid money for no longer exists). Seems an amiable chap though for what that's worth.

I'm used to IDW's editors not being able to spell, spot duplicated speech bubbles, tell which character should actually be saying what, replacing random bits of dialogue with "I still function", accidentally printing All Hail Megatron for ten issues more than it should have been... but massive bits of dialogue being wrong and nobody catching it? That's a new one. Scares me what might slip through next.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

You do kinda hope that himself, Furman, McCarthy and whoever else they got writing sat down and worked out exactly what has happened before and how it affects things. How he made the mistake when EVERYONE who read the comic wouldnt have is worrying.

Its not like the plots are that complicated. The only difficulty is knowing which issue goes where. They could make life a lot easier for themselves and the readers by not having spotlights and series running all at different times.

Thinking about it during AHMs run we had plots running in the present (MD), one year in the future (AHM - now to be past!), cybertrons early past (SL:Blur), Between MD & AHM (SL:Cliffjumper,SL: Drift) and during (SL:Jazz). No wonder it feels the plots are all over the place - they are!
Dreadwing
Protoform

Post by Dreadwing »

Red Dave Prime wrote:Thinking about it during AHMs run we had plots running in the present (MD), one year in the future (AHM - now to be past!), cybertrons early past (SL:Blur), Between MD & AHM (SL:Cliffjumper,SL: Drift) and during (SL:Jazz). No wonder it feels the plots are all over the place - they are!
Remember, they wanted the comics to be accessable to new readers by making every issue a #1. They didnt want to complicate things by haveig one solitary ongoing. That would just be to much.

Oh yeah, where does Metroplex fit into all that?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Dreadwing wrote:Oh yeah, where does Metroplex fit into all that?
I wouldn't fret too much over that. There's several plot-holes big enough to fit him into.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

It fits concurrently with the Autobots getting pussy whipped when Bombshell uses Hunter to steal the vital top secret codes the Autobots keep on their version of google*. So as well as Omega Supreme we know Metroplex and at least three Throttlebots survived this half arsed genocide.

*I still don't get that... If it's because of his mental link with Sunstreaker does than mean Bombshell could have done the same thing with any captive Autobot? Why has no one done this before?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Because no other Autobot has a mental link with an easily tortured human?

What were the codes even for?
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

The codes unlocked Streakers Nokia

The Cons then phoned all the autobots pretending to be streaker and asked would they kindly lower their defences

What, you think IDW has a better explaination?
inflatable dalek

If McCarthy did we won't be hearing it any time soon....
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Starfield
Protoform

Post by Starfield »

Nevermore wrote:I like how McCarthy RETCONNED the Hunter/Sunstreaker conversation from Devastation #3. Like, editing out mention of the threat from Scorponok, editing out Hunter's suggestion to get revenge, editing out Sunstreaker's "sure, why not, you got some extra room in there" approval, and adding another plea from Sunstreaker to Hunter to kill him AFTER Hunter suggested to become a Headmaster just so Sunstreaker comes across as being even more tortured, and Hunter comes across as nothing short of an ***. Yeah, totally not crapping over someone else's stories. :smack:
The issue is all of Sunstreaker's new, altered memories after Bombshell messed with his head.
inflatable dalek

One thought I had whilst on the loo earlier, despite all claims to the contrary AHM pretty much categorically means the New Avengers crossover wasn't canon after all. I mean, presumably Spider-Man would have noticed the complete and utter destruction of New York and commented on it in his own title if it was one big happy Universe?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
zigzagger

Transformers: All Hail Megatron #15

Post by zigzagger »

All Hail Megatron gives us two more tales - the first about how Kup got all better following Transformers Spotlight: Kup, with story and art duties by fan-favourite Nick Roche, while the second will explain how Perceptor became a silent, gun-toting badass.

This is your all purpose Transformers: All Hail Megatron #15 reaction and discussion thread. Come and share your good and/or ill thoughts with us.

Scheduled for September 16th

See preview pages @ comicscontinuum.com

ImageImageImageImageImaget