Transformers 3 [spoiler] news/rumours

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hasbro's website updates with character profiles for all Movie characters.... including some new faces we'll be seeing in DOTM! The list isn't complete, especially with respect with the DOTM characters and the ROTF Decepticons, but worth checking a peek.

Just by randomly browsing (Flash doesn't run well on my poor five-year-old laptop) I've seen at least one Autobot we've not known before and two Decepticons.

I steer clear from the timeline bits because I don't want to be spoilered more than I already have.
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

SPOILER! (select to read)
So according to WIkipedia Wheeljack and Mirage (and is Red) join the autobots, Skids and Mudflap got cut. Jolt and Arcee were not even mentioned. Interesting.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Arcee was killed in ROTF, what?

And didn't people spot Skids in one of the new trailers?
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

Blackjack wrote:

Well yes, rumors were that at least one of the twins would still pop up, this being skids. However it was said by Bay himself that neither of the twins would by in it.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

This was the same Bay the one who said that the Fallen and Megatron won't be in the second movie, right?
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

The very same, I suspect Skids will be in the movie still. Maybe cannon fodder? :D
pegasusprime
Protoform

Post by pegasusprime »

is sentinel prime a decepticon in dotm

does someone known in the voyaguer figure his autobot symbol is scratched like in jetfire
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Thats some pretty good detective work.
And he is on the moon with all the Decepticon whale-blimps. . .

It would make a nice plot twist. Maybe its Sentinel's idea to leave Earth, but he's a stinkin' Decepticreep and Optimus comes back and kicks the appropriate level of booty . . .
I like bears.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Michael Bay insists that the Twins are not in the movie and offers $25,000 for anyone who can spot them in the movie. Personally I'm not buying it, and when they do appear, he'll be all like 'oh, I fooled you, I'm so clever snigger snigger'.

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum/sh ... 000-Reward
Clay

Post by Clay »

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

New TV spots, people!

'Secret' and 'Everything'.

'Secret' is just a rearrangement of the first two trailers, but 'Everything' has quite a bit of new scenes. There is our first look at
Mirage, if the IDW prequel comics are anything to go by for prototype designs. Also, we get a short glimpse of Optimus Prime going up against that massive tentacle Decepticon.
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

[/SPOILER]
Blackjack wrote:New TV spots, people!

'Secret' and 'Everything'.

'Secret' is just a rearrangement of the first two trailers, but 'Everything' has quite a bit of new scenes. There is our first look at
Mirage, if the IDW prequel comics are anything to go by for prototype designs. Also, we get a short glimpse of Optimus Prime going up against that massive tentacle Decepticon.
Yep.
Looks like Mirage.

The 'Everything' trailer was pretty damn epic if I say so myself.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Is it so hard to make him blue? :(

We have enough red autobots. Maybe not in the movie, but certainly in the toys. I'd love a cool sports car that was blue dark metalic blue (Jolt sucked). (or purple like Binal-Tech Laserwave)
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
numbat

Post by numbat »

Brimstone wrote:Is it so hard to make him blue? :(

We have enough red autobots. Maybe not in the movie, but certainly in the toys. I'd love a cool sports car that was blue dark metalic blue (Jolt sucked). (or purple like Binal-Tech Laserwave)
Sacrilege! Jolt rulz da skoolz!

Didn't Bay explain Prime couldn't be all red, not could Sideswipe, due to some issue with film and the ability to show red?

Didn't make any sense to me at the time, as other films have successfully showcased red cars...

Nice that they finally have a red Autobot on film! Don't really care about whether there've been a lot of red non-film toys in the movieverse lines, there sure haven't been in the actual flicks!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

'Everything' is very nifty!

With the designs and action sequences in these trailers, looks as if a plot is unneccessary (but would be a nice bonus!).

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

numbat wrote: Didn't Bay explain Prime couldn't be all red, not could Sideswipe, due to some issue with film and the ability to show red?
Thuis months SFX has an interview with one of the SFX guys where he talks about the problem Prime (and presumably Mirage) presents being the difficulty of doing red convincingly in CGI. Why red is harder than other colours I've no idea, but it seems to be genuine. I guess that after three films they've just gotten better at it. Or Mirage is going to die horribly after three seconds of screentime.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
numbat

Post by numbat »

Glad my memory serves me well still!

(Please tell my wife!)
Regardless, Mirage looks cool, and it's nice to have a red Autobot at last! A few minutes would be great, longer even better.

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Glad my memory serves me well still!

(Please tell my wife!)
Regardless, Mirage looks cool, and it's nice to have a red Autobot at last! A few minutes would be great, longer even better.

Also items on eBay.
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

Blackjack wrote:

Was all tree Arcee bots killed or did one survive? I thought one made it.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Well if the prequel comic is to be believed....
All three survived. But not all survived the comic to make it to movie 3. I'm not sure if any survived the comic. It was really confusing.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"