Transformers 3 [spoiler] news/rumours

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Wow! That, actually, was not at all what I was expecting!
SPOILER! (select to read)
This looks far more devastating for Earth than ROTF even!
Cool!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Rewatching more closely, I am very pleased indeedy!
Nice to see Brawl / Devastator from the first film make a return, in desert colours! And Ironhide colliding with the two SUV Decepticons is really cool!

Butterfly Prime isn't really doing it for me as a design, but at least he kicks serious ass!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Where was Brawl? I didn't see him.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
numbat

Post by numbat »

Brimstone wrote:
Where was Brawl? I didn't see him.
Brawl's in the big city battle scene, where the Autobots are at the left, and Butterfly Prime arrives. Then I'm pretty certain he's the first 'bot to be trashed by Butterfly Prime during his Oldboy fight sequence, where he takes down a number of 'cons, including Long Haul.

Also items on eBay.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Okay, so I just watched it properly on a computer at my girlfriend's house. I missed a lot when I tried to watch it on my phone . . .
Those effects are phenomenal. There was a lot of detail in the battle scenes etc.
There was a lot of obviously alien robot/ spaceship stuff going on there. It made me wonder if there will actually be many Robots in Disguise.
That flying one is definately Laserbeak.
I'm a prize pudding for not noticing that was Optimus, and especially for implying it was Nemesis Prime.
numbat wrote:
Brawl's in the big city battle scene, where the Autobots are at the left, and Butterfly Prime arrives. Then I'm pretty certain he's the first 'bot to be trashed by Butterfly Prime during his Oldboy fight sequence, where he takes down a number of 'cons, including Long Haul.
I did spot Brawlestator in the background in that long shot (which hints at the epic "mission city turned up to 11" battle that I was hoping for from ROTF) but when Prime starts with the choppy choppy, I'm fairly sure that green fellow was one of the Constructicons from the last film.
I like bears.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

I see him now. Also...
...that looks like it may be Shockwave in the background in the same shot with Brawl, Ratchet, Bumblebee, Prime, and a bunch of nameless Decepti-drones.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

numbat

Post by numbat »

Summerhayes wrote:
when Prime starts with the choppy choppy, I'm fairly sure that green fellow was one of the Constructicons from the last film.
I totally agree that the green fellow is Long Haul - for a split second beforehand Prime takes down a tan coloured fellow with tank treads, before laying in on Long Haul. I thought I caught a glimpse of the shoulder cannons and treads, so freeze-framed, and I'm pretty certain Brawl gets hit first in that part of the clip. Regardless, Butterfly Prime really tans a load of Decepticons there - I look forward to seeing the whole scene in the cinema!

Also items on eBay.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Well, you have a quicker eye than me! I wasn't there so I can't comment or speculate.
But I agree that that scene is going to be insane in the cinema.
I like bears.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

That is gonna be totally insane, but what the hell is with the tentacles thing?
Destruction is my specialty
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

EXCITEMENT!!!!!

I've read basically nothing of this thread as I don't want some shitstain ruining anything for me this time around, but having seen trailer I AM SUPER ****ING STOKED.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I saw the trailer!

I am going to be loving this! And like Cliffy I sure as hell I am not going to read any spoilers or anything, since doing that a couple years ago spoiled ROTF's ending for me.
There was a dragon. A freaking dragon transformer in a live action movie. Beast Wars Megatron FTW! (Either that or Laserbeak) BEEEST WARS! And they said it couldn't be done!

LONG HAUL RETURNS! Eat that, bitches!

I see Ratchet as well. And what I think is Barricade.

EDIT: Optimus Prime with wings hacking Decepticons! Gad, I thought that was a new character!

Ironhide ramming whatever those two car Decepticons (Stunticons? Barricade? I wasn't following this thread) was epic.

Decepticon ships bombarding the city = EPIC

Great battle with many Transformers on the street = ULTRA EPIC

What tentacle monster? I don't see any tentacle things... Tentacly stuff tearing the street apart = EXCITEMENT
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Blitzwing? Sure looks like him. Scroll down a bit. http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/
glazios

Post by glazios »

praetorian wrote:
Blitzwing? Sure looks like him. Scroll down a bit. http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/
Well, yeah, it does. But that's the trouble, isn't it - it's almost too much like his G1 form. That, and he doesn't look anywhere near complicated enough to be a Bayformer.

Word is, this is a fan creation/wishful thinking. And as much as they really should put him and his ilk in the film (hey, they did it with Megsy... ¬_¬ ), I'm calling BS on this until we either get confirmation or the film comes out.

And frankly, I highly doubt we'll get confirmation.
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

Yeah, I'm thinkin' the dragon thing is Lazerbeak. I would be excited if it were BW Megatron, but it isn't. :(
Anyway, loved the feel of the trailer. Everything's destroyed. I liked it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1cc4NAb ... r_embedded

Nascar TV spot. Some repeated bits from the Superbowl one, but there's some new stuff as well.
-A new V/O by Simmons.
-More scenes between Sam and Rosie
-STAR SCREEEEEAM
-Bumblebee transforming into a ****ing Battle Mode!
-Optimus with a huge honkin' gun
-Epps shouting RUN
-New Autobot cars. With battle modes. Which, in my opinion, look horrible from the 1.5 seconds I saw them. Undoubtedly after repeatedly watching the third movie as soon as the DVD comes out I will love them.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Cool!
I similarly have reservations about the vehicle battle modes, but, frankly, it's a perfectly logical progression - in fact, it's a wonder it wasn't a major component from the start. They do all turn in to robots after all, why not have reconfiguration and serious weaponry in vehicle mode? Sure it'll grow on me. Probably one viewing will do. :) And what's the deal? Starscream is always pounding the ground in the trailers these days!

Also items on eBay.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

So, if the green Wrecker is Roadbuster and the blue one is Topspin...who's the red one? Rodimus? There aren't really any red Wreckers that I recall.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Brimstone wrote:
So, if the green Wrecker is Roadbuster and the blue one is Topspin...who's the red one? Rodimus? There aren't really any red Wreckers that I recall.
Leadfoot, apparently.

I'd have rather seen Roadbuster as the red one and Springer as the green. Hey ho.
Wreck and Rule!
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Is he from the comics, or is that a new character?
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone