Transformers 3 [spoiler] news/rumours

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Don't forget the IDW comics, which Bay totally reads and takes notice of.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

praetorian wrote:So this film would be the fourth instance of BS.
I think you'll find it will be the third.

Unless you count the '86 movie.
Wreck and Rule!
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

That was actually pretty cool. Seemed more relevant than the Mars business from the first film and yet was still quite teasery. I hope this isn't the only bit of moonage in the film. A robo e robo deathmatch between Prime and Megatron with the Earth in the background and the fate of the universe in the balance would be a nice ending.

I also hope Michael Collins gets a big roll. He's my all-time hero, by virtue of doing the most thankless job in one of the biggest events in history.

Edit: And whoever that robot at the end was had an awesome beard.
I like bears.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:I think you'll find it will be the third.

Unless you count the '86 movie.
<snert>

I see what you did there.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Summerhayes wrote:I also hope Michael Collins gets a big roll.
Like a footlong or something?
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

The trailer was badass imo. It changes the goal of the space race entirely. Russia and America weren't trying to see who can get to the moon first, they're were trying to stake their claim on alien technology. Awesomeness on Bay's part.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

It would appear that Apollo 11 isn't the first volley, either. That first shot in the trailer of the Apollo capsule headed towards the moon has to be Apollo 8. So maybe Apollo 8 finds
SPOILER! (select to read)
The crashed...uh...Ark, I assume?
And that's why Neil and Buzz head there? Should be fun. I certainly like this better than, "we got there using alien technology" or "we didn't go there at all." :)
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I suspect the Apollo 11 stuff is going to seriously get on my tits (a ship that large within easy bouncing distance of where Apollo 11 landed no one has ever noticed from Earth despite the visible part of the moon in general and that area in particular at the time being incredibly closely studied?), I've never understood why people need to cloud such an amazing achievement with conspiracy bollocks. I'm guessing the "Our Nation" text will be changed for the non US version?

Plus side, it completely pisses on the Ghosts of Yesterday book where a super secret secret space mission gets sent up at the same time as the completely un-Transformers related Apollo 11 launch.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

inflatable dalek wrote:I suspect the Apollo 11 stuff is going to seriously get on my tits (a ship that large within easy bouncing distance of where Apollo 11 landed no one has ever noticed from Earth despite the visible part of the moon in general and that area in particular at the time being incredibly closely studied?)
Well, it's not completely out of the question. It's only been within the last year or so that we've been able to see the landers on the moon with anything. No ground based telescope can see them. And no satellite was able to photograph them until last summer. And even then...it's just a dot on the picture. So it's not inconceivable that no one could see this thing from Earth.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
horizon
Protoform

Post by horizon »

My problem is that continuity took a blow.... nothing new tbh...

I mean, in movie one this all knowing Sector 7 business tells them all about cube they found, Megatron they found but just forgot to tell them about the moon? Or is NASA more secret then Sector 7? ahahah
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Maybe wait for, y'know, the film before criticising it for continuity errors?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

inflatable dalek wrote:Plus side, it completely pisses on the Ghosts of Yesterday book where a super secret secret space mission gets sent up at the same time as the completely un-Transformers related Apollo 11 launch.
Aren't the novels basically pissed upon by IDW, by contradicting basically every single thing that had happened there? And it's not like Michael Bay would be likely to consider a couple of badly written novels and comic books while making a movie, anyway. -points at Defiance-

Plus, Ghosts of Yesterday was crap.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I like the fact the trailer tries to ground the film in reality, and space - you know, like the original Movie Mars thing. Unlike that, though, I think it's safe to assume this is integral to the plot.

Looks like some thought has gone in to this one. (Maybe just a smidge...)

And I like beards...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Cliffjumper wrote:Like a footlong or something?
Well, he is quite a man. . .

My favourite thing from this trailer is that doesn't seem to be doing anything anyone predicted. I hope everything I'm expecting is wrong.
I like bears.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Watched it. Bit peeveed that the trailer didn't contain much transformers or explosions, although it does get some intriguing shots.
inflatable dalek

They should have a scene where Armstrong fights a Transformer, the lines almost write themselves. "That's one small step... IN YOUR FACE!"
numbat

Post by numbat »

inflatable dalek wrote:They should have a scene where Armstrong fights a Transformer, the lines almost write themselves. "That's one small step... IN YOUR FACE!"
I like your thinking!

:clap:

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

inflatable dalek wrote:They should have a scene where Armstrong fights a Transformer, the lines almost write themselves. "That's one small step... IN YOUR FACE!"
Were you drunk when you wrote that?
I like bears.
inflatable dalek

Summerhayes wrote:Were you drunk when you wrote that?
No. I am drunk now though. Can you tell the difference?
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

inflatable dalek wrote:No. I am drunk now though. Can you tell the difference?
Yeah, you pronounced all of that wrong.
I like bears.