Transformers 3 [spoiler] news/rumours

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

I have my doubts. It looks a bit thrown together.
SPOILER! (select to read)
My guess is that the tanker is not a Transformer at all, but a heavily customized and armoured vehicle used by the now ex-military NEST guys and their new allies (such as Hardcore Eddie) when fighting Decepticons alongside the Autobots.

I also have a sneaky suspicion that the Nascar vehicles may also be human driven non-TFs. Perhaps the human anti-Decepticon militia call themselves "Wreckers"?
Wreck and Rule!
horizon
Protoform

Post by horizon »

In the past I disliked the movie designs, now I think they are better then the G1 or other designs!

The only think lacking in movies is distinctive colours on Decepticons.

Bumblebee is, for me, the coolest design of all.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Sounds unlikely that Megatron would turn into a beat up truck, although that would be cool. Frankly, I'd love to see Megatron take on any Earth mode disguise in the Movie series - and as far as I gather, this film is the last chance!
And,I do agree with Horizon. Although I actually liked the Movie designs from the outset. They are now easily my favourite Transformers designs, and Bumblebee is cool!
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I have my own theory about the beat-up truck, based on thr fact Ultra Magnus is supposedly in it and Bay said he wanted
another old, decrepit character like Jetfire.

I personally doubt we'll see Megatron with an Earth mode. It doesn't seem befitting to his character to dirty himself by becoming some Fleshling vehicle.
I have a lot of love for the movie designs. I particularly like how their faces are made up of moving mechanical parts. I never got how the humanoid faces on cartoon Transformers are meant to work. Is there basically a thin metal "skin" over the top? That seems to be the case at the end of LSotW at least.
I like bears.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Y'know, I'd love it if the Mad Max-esque truck was actually Motormaster.
Destruction is my specialty
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

I was more excited about Shockwave's floating head

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Footage from Collecticon.org:

http://www.collecticon.org/2010/10/foot ... ed-dreads/

The blurb underneath the video calls the SUVs
The Dreads. These are possibly Decepticon clones. Also refers to the Ferrari as Hot Rod/Rodimus, which is purely speculative.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I think I'd rather have an army of specifically cloned Decepticons with Earth alt-modes than another mass of protoforms.
I like bears.
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Some images from the filming at the
Kennedy Space Center. Shuttle Discovery is apparently in the film, and speculation/rumor on it is that it is a Transformer in the film. Possibly Silverbolt; some people on other boards have gone so far as to suggest Astrotrain, Sky Lynx, or even Omega Supreme. It's also a rumor that this is involved intricately in the plot, as the Transformers will be transported to the moon for a battle.
Source 1

Source 2

Source 3
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

The shuttle itself is interesting (and here's hoping it is a robot) but all the moon stuff sounds like balls. If it is true, it will walk the delicate line between awesome and cheese.
I like bears.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Possible TF3 Title: Transformers: The Dark of the Moon. Revealed via book titles and a URL owned by the same who own the other movie sites.

Also, the book titles themselves are spoilers.
Autobots Betrayed, Secret of the Autobots, and Invasion of the Decepticons.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ed-170697/

EDIT: Apparently the name has a meaning! http://www.halexandria.org/dward381.htm Regardless, it's much better than if they copped out and did "TF3D".
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
numbat

Post by numbat »

secretcode wrote:Possible TF3 Title: Transformers: The Dark of the Moon. Revealed via book titles and a URL owned by the same who own the other movie sites.

Also, the book titles themselves are spoilers.
Autobots Betrayed, Secret of the Autobots, and Invasion of the Decepticons.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ed-170697/

EDIT: Apparently the name has a meaning! http://www.halexandria.org/dward381.htm Regardless, it's much better than if they copped out and did "TF3D".
Not a bad title. I'm quite pleased it looks like they're going for another subtitle, rather than a number. It irritates me when film series chop and change between the two naming systems (e.g. Alien saga, Terminator saga, Jurassic Park trilogy etc.). I like a bit of consistency! Still, the main thing is that they deliver a good film, whatever they decide to call it.
OK, I'm using the spoiler tag mainly because I wouldn't want some poor sod to glance at this thread, see this, and ruin the film by believing it. There is absolutely no basis for this - it is speculation of the highest order:

Perhaps the moon is Unicron!

Just a thought that jumped into my brain after reading about the moon's involvement, space race connections, and concept art titled 'Unicron' out there. Probably too much time sat up Scottish hills and too little sleep. Actually, definitely that.

I should place a small bet at the bookies. Unlikely to win (and I hope I am wrong!) but could be a nice little earner in the off-chance...
DeathProof

Post by DeathProof »

Not a huge fan of the possible new title. I'd go with Transformers: Part 33 1/3. That hasn't been done yet has it?
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

secretcode wrote:Possible TF3 Title: Transformers: The Dark of the Moon. Revealed via book titles and a URL owned by the same who own the other movie sites.
Really? The Dark of the Moon? Isn't it missing a word? That seems weird. Seems like it should be The Dark Side of the Moon, or something like that. The Dark Heart of the Moon...Dark Pit of the Moon...Dark <insert noun> of the Moon. Know what I mean?
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I'm adopting a spoiler-until-proven-innocent policy at this stage. I know this I pure conjecture but the name itself is a spoiler, isn't it?
Maybe "the dark" is a device or a race or a character? One situated on the moon? Or maybe, in a manner reflecting The Ultimate Doom, they move the moon and the earth is shrouded in the dark... Of the moon!?
I like bears.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

You knows it, bitch.
C'mon, the last one featured a title character who'd appeared in a Dreamwave book read by 481 people, and various nerdbibles read by even fewer. so, this time all paths must lead to Moon.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Brimstone wrote:Really? The Dark of the Moon? Isn't it missing a word? That seems weird. Seems like it should be The Dark Side of the Moon, or something like that. The Dark Heart of the Moon...Dark Pit of the Moon...Dark <insert noun> of the Moon. Know what I mean?
The Dark of the Moon is a somewhat common believe that 3 days before a new moon, there is mass death leading to a new beginning or recreation.

Granted whenever I think of 3 Days and a Moon...

I predict the hero of the movie will be a green Autobot with pointy ears. Finally the character of Skids will be justified.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
horizon
Protoform

Post by horizon »

Dark of the Moon is good.
Has a hidden meaning. Nice.

But Unicron. I hope not. Really. That would be bad.
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

Summerhayes wrote:
I have my own theory about the beat-up truck, based on thr fact Ultra Magnus is supposedly in it and Bay said he wanted
another old, decrepit character like Jetfire.

I personally doubt we'll see Megatron with an Earth mode. It doesn't seem befitting to his character to dirty himself by becoming some Fleshling vehicle.
Magnus would be cool, but that truck screams more Decepticon than Autobot to me. Hmm. Also, I could accept Megatron taking on an Earth mode on perhaps the notion that it's simply better suited to Earth's terrain than his previous two. In the first movie he clearly had trouble getting around (though that's presumably due to some damage or being idle all that time?). I could be misremembering this, but it seems he had trouble with the tank mode in the second one too. Basically, a vehicle more adapted to Earth but with a definitely unusual look is what I'm saying. Not suggesting that the truck is Megatron, by the way, just toying around with the idea. :)
praetorian wrote:
The Dreads. These are possibly Decepticon clones.
Ah! Bay gets a small cut of toy sales, right? He's already been tinkering with repaints; someone must have clued him in on troop building!
;)

I like the "Dark of the Moon" title. Hope it sticks.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Well, having now read what "The Dark of the Moon is, if Bumblebee doesn't sing "The Dawning of the Age of Aquarius" I will be disapoint
I like bears.