Last Stand of the Wreckers #1 Info Thread | UPDATE: Page Preview

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Hennessy
Protoform

Last Stand of the Wreckers #1 Info Thread | UPDATE: Page Preview

Post by Hennessy »

Chris Ryall posted a Trevor Hutchison cover and a couple of b&w pages from the 1st issue.

http://ryalltime.blogspot.com/2009/09/w ... ed-em.html
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Like the cover. Nick with AHM: Coda another Kup story, this one a bit more fairy-taleish, plus his own well-deserved series. IDW's still doing things to whet my whistle, and ****Ineedtosnatchtimetoupdatethecomicsection.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Much as I like Roche, isn't there any way they can make Hutchison do an actual comic? His covers are simply stunning, I'd love to have that one as a poster... It's kinda a shame that such a beautiful image has to have a story attached.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Who's that guy on the second image? 'Zat Overlord? Sweet.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Cliffjumper wrote:Much as I like Roche, isn't there any way they can make Hutchison do an actual comic? His covers are simply stunning, I'd love to have that one as a poster... It's kinda a shame that such a beautiful image has to have a story attached.
Posters of Hutch's covers are an excellent idea and would be well received, I think. I never bought the other IDW posters as they were too busy, but Hutch's covers are so simple and elegant. Here's hoping.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Same image as above (Overlord), but in colour @ Ryall Time.

Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Does anyone know who the two robots are who are fighting in front of a seated Overlord? Guy on the right reminds me of a Brawn/Ruckus crossbreed. However for all I know they're just generics.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

:up:
Auntie Slag wrote:Does anyone know who the two robots are who are fighting in front of a seated Overlord? Guy on the right reminds me of a Brawn/Ruckus crossbreed. However for all I know they're just generics.
They look a bit Seacon (ish) to me, colour schemes none withstanding, but more than likely you're right, generic cannon fodder. We'll call him Bruckus.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Generics are great, ever since I first saw those three guys being chased by the Harvester flying-unit thing in the Straxus story. Telus, Rotobolt, and the guy Blaster saved. the empties in the Dead End bit of Cybertron that Scrounge first spun through.

And why still no follow up (or beginning) story on Spanner? C'mon these characters are so intriguing. Maybe not knowing much about them is exactly why they are.:(
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

zigzagger wrote:Same image as above (Overlord), but in colour @ Ryall Time.

In the second panel...that's Skyquake! Stalker and Snare too, by the looks of it (I don't think the other two 'Cons in the shot are Predators, though). That makes me a happy fanboy. :)

Well, looks like I'll be buying this comic in one form or another just for the novelty of seeing one of my favourite (up 'til now) toy-only guys in action.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Skyquake? Awesome. He's been MIA since his cameo work in Megatron Origin. Between the Predators, Overlord, Rotorstorm and Ironfist, this comic's looking very good for me.