Boring Fandom Stuff - [was "Is Revenge of the Fallen A Very Silly Title Indeed?"] [Split From ROTF Toy Discussion]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Goran
Protoform

Boring Fandom Stuff - [was "Is Revenge of the Fallen A Very Silly Title Indeed?"] [Split From ROTF Toy Discussion]

Post by Goran »

XP
..."Revange of the fallen"... how unimaginative title (for a real cinema movie)... naive title... how corny...
...it's like they "thougt" it up while standing in a public toilet doing No. 1.
...That's why it's called "a leak" when people get to know stuff about the thing before the actual release of it.
Michael went to the toilet for an inspiration for the next "big thing" - and another leak happened - what - the next "movie" will be called: "Transformers: The Revenge of Those Who Lost When They Tried To Revange When They Lost The First Time But They Failed".
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

And with such wit, you're clearly a class above whoever devised the name.

What, prey tell, would you have named a Transformers film about a character named the Fallen attempting to get his revenge?
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

... on page 65 of a thread dedicated to movie tie-in toys, you show up to make fun of the title of a movie that has been out in theaters for two months by this point, and which has been announced almost two years ago. You're my hero.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I may be stupid, but what's 'Revange?' when it's at home?

;)

I think the title suits a franchise based on a 1980s kid's cartoon show. As did the film. Really captured the feel.

:lol:
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

That and the name of the series.. The Transformers. Rubbish I say. It should have been called "Mass Shifting Robots From Another Planet". The Japanese make winning cartoon and television series with horrendously long names. But yes, page sixty five and two years later for the wit? Absolutely horrendous :P.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Goran wrote:XP
..."Revange of the fallen"... how unimaginative title (for a real cinema movie)... naive title... how corny...
...it's like they "thougt" it up while standing in a public toilet doing No. 1.
...That's why it's called "a leak" when people get to know stuff about the thing before the actual release of it.
Michael went to the toilet for an inspiration for the next "big thing" - and another leak happened - what - the next "movie" will be called: "Transformers: The Revenge of Those Who Lost When They Tried To Revange When They Lost The First Time But They Failed".
Yeah, "Revange of the Fallen" isn't a great title... How about "Revenge of the Bighead who commands Megatron, whose head is seen as a piece of such a great cultural value that it's great enough to base your symbol on and who will be later killed by someone who collects the heads of his victims" That title ain't childish right??^^ And yes, the best place ever to discuss this is here, in the toys-thread. I love that^^

And who says Micheal goes to a public toilet?? They are not explosive enough...;)
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

OK peeps, I think we've made the point well enough now. Back to toy discussion.
Goran
Protoform

Post by Goran »

:)
How great! ...And I thought you ignore me. Why - all it took was a bit of provocation - and - there - I had so much response. :D
inflatable dalek

As my original request to get back to the matter at hand has been ignored (oh the irony, someone moans about no one paying attention to them whilst they don't pay attention to me) I've moved the relevant posts here.

To be honest Goran I suspect anyone who may have been thinking of working with you on your project would well have been put off by this. I hope it was worth it for the sake of making a half arsed point.

If everyone can leave the toy discussion thread for toy discussion that'll be great. I won't shut this straight away just in case anyone does have some vaguely intelligent thoughts on the title of the film...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Goran wrote:all it took was a bit of provocation - and - there - I had so much response. :D
There's a term for that on the internet. Fairly certain it's called trolling.
Goran
Protoform

Post by Goran »

Ah, well, what would I do... :) I got bored with utter lack of enthusiasm for my little project, so I picked - randomly really - the first thread I saw was most recently visited and thought to come by and maybe refresh your memory writing anything really (for a greater cause, not as Halfshell suggested). (regretfully it (my project) is a lost cause here I concluded. (that's far before this, infl.dalek (differentiating causes and results...), referring to your remark)) :)

...All I'm saying here is that I think the basic concept in Transformers (heavy metal giants, robots in disguise) really has much greater potential - potential for a serious movie (unlike these; I mean it doesn't necessarily have to be so shallow - senseless over-active run-around with spinning thingies and "O' my God, o' my God."; some more imaginative ideas could be explored (some better story, some mightier scenes, and events and special effects, and details...), also it doesn't have to be that utilitarian)...

Simply the main concept is greater than that - that's all I say...
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

i always wondered in the War Within comics why the Fallen was thusly named, it is like Tolkien's mythology's Satan character going from Melkor to Morgoth, but Morgoth just sounds cooler than the Fallen. THAT and Games Workshop has a name for the fallen Dark Angels in the Warhammer 40k line, The Fallen or Fallen Angels. I am amazed there wasn't a discussion on that sort of thing between IDW and GW on that topic. But back to the main point, I think Revenge of the Fallen could have been reworded a bit to not sound like Revenge of the Sith. We had Transformers 2.0 from 2007 and I feel the title should have been reworded something a bit more imaginative. That and I was disappointed with how the Fallen was portrayed myself. Why is it ALWAYS a Prime-like character that has to take him on? Is it because a Prime has even more power and/or abilities than a regular Cybertronian? Or is it because he has the touch (pun intended for Stan Bush's sake)? I can't wait for a special edition disk to come out with the DVD to explain that tidbit why it is always the leader that has to destroy the threat... It is like how the twins whupped up on Devs more so than any other TF could have imagined. Of course, the old Devs wouldnt have tried to eat another transformer lol. And that brings me to my next point, why was Devs even portrayed as weakly as any other Decepticon? Devs is supposed to be a whirlwind of destruction of a sorts and nigh unstoppable by any conventional weapons, or were the personalities arguing so much that he got distracted to the point he was hit by the Navy's railgun? I want that disk now....
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
inflatable dalek

Springer007 wrote:i always wondered in the War Within comics why the Fallen was thusly named
Because he fell from grace. Really is that simple.

@ Goran, if you're serious about your project you've got to realise than coming in full throttle from no where with barely literate posts followed up by even less legible whining when no one pays you any attention is not going to convince anyone to come on board.
Goran
Protoform

Post by Goran »

inflatable dalek wrote:@ Goran, if you're serious about your project you've got to realise than coming in full throttle from no where
I come with that specific purpose, not much to discuss stuff.
inflatable dalek wrote:with barely literate posts
http://www.ling.gu.se/projekt/sprakfrag ... rlden.html
- last sentence of the first paragraph.
inflatable dalek wrote:followed up by even less legible whining when no one pays you any attention is not going to convince anyone to come on board.
Not a single miserly comment on my blog. Not regarding my examples. Not regarding my scenario. Not regarding my offer to post your ideas. Nothing. Not a single @#$%^&* word.
inflatable dalek

Goran wrote:I come with that specific purpose, not much to discuss stuff.
And that's why you've got no support. This is a discussion board, discussing stuff is the main reason for being here. Coming in right from your first post with "Come help me make this cartoon" isn't going to get you any help, most people start low key with just talking about their interest, building relationships and bridges to get to that point, without it there's no reason for people who don't know you to trust you to repay the effort they put in.

http://www.ling.gu.se/projekt/sprakfrag ... rlden.html
- last sentence of the first paragraph.
Last sentence of the first paragraph: It is usually estimated that the number of languages in the world varies between 3,000 and 8,000.

What's the relevance? Are you claiming not to be using English as a first language? Fair enough, but your entire site in in English and your asking for support from a English language board. We have a lot of top notch member who don't speak English as a first language who manage more coherent posts than you do when asking for help with a website that's entirely in English.

Not a single miserly comment on my blog. Not regarding my examples. Not regarding my scenario. Not regarding my offer to post your ideas. Nothing. Not a single @#$%^&* word.
And this is a prime example of the pathetic whining I was talking about. I'm bothering with this reply because I think there's a chance you don't realise how you come across, but no ones going to join in a complicated cartoon creating scheme started by someone they don't know (and it's not elitists, spend some time chatting and talking to people across the boards and you'll easily make some friends with creative interests no matter how recent a convert you are), they're not going to join up with a scheme where all the most relevant posts are just you bumping your own threads and they're not going to join a scheme started by someone who's been trolling threads. Going afterwards "I was only trolling to get people to pay attention to my own project" won't change that.
Goran
Protoform

Post by Goran »

...Ask yourself a question - why do you keep insisting that it's 'whining' while the fact is I merely stated a point of how indicative it is regarding the whole thing when until then noone left, let alone, a single word of commenting there - and what to talk then about accomplishing the purpose of it.

When I decided to start it I was excited about it - enthusiastic - I mean: we do not appreciate enough (read: 'at all') the technology we have. I mean: let the fact strike you - just a few decades ago people would die to have this technology. Before you had to have whole freaking monster of a studio to make stuff (movies and animations and everything around it) - today (for quite some time now actally) we have so much technology we can afford easily. Take digital cameras for example - everyone can buy one now - a few decades ago there was no other option (if you hope for any quality) but to go professional and spend a fortune for it. Now - man - all one needs is a bit of imagination and cooperation - and you can make a real, full feature, professional-looking movie - easily!

For this project of mine - I count on another type of technology - telecomunications - Internet - there can so easily be so much of us online that (theoretically totally legitimate) - a whole episode - from the basic idea to the finished product , can be made WITHIN 24 hours.

I mean - so trully awsome and incredible technology - a genuine power is GIVEN to us - yet what do we do with it - what do we figure -- we use it as much as a monkey would use a chainsaw...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Goran wrote:...Ask yourself a question - why do you keep insisting that it's 'whining'
Because we've read your posts.

If people were interested, they'd offer help. They're not. Let it go.
inflatable dalek

Goran wrote: I mean - so trully awsome and incredible technology - a genuine power is GIVEN to us - yet what do we do with it - what do we figure -- we use it as much as a monkey would use a chainsaw...

You do realise that just because aren't falling over themselves to help you doesn't mean none of us are doing our own amazing things with the 21st century tech?

EDIT: Plus of course, having the technology readily available doesn't give people the ability to use it. Yes pretty much everyone has some form of digital/phone camera on them but no one gets their wedding photos done on a Iphone do they?
Goran
Protoform

Post by Goran »

Halfshell wrote:Because we've read your posts.

If people were interested, they'd offer help. They're not. Let it go.
Post #11, end of first paragraph (the sentence in brackets).
inflatable dalek wrote:-doesn't mean none of us are doing our own amazing things with the 21st century tech?
OK. What do you have in mind?
inflatable dalek wrote:EDIT: Plus of course, having the technology readily available doesn't give people the ability to use it.
True. True. That is the significant issue.
inflatable dalek

And just to correct you on one thing, two members of the board have commented on your blog (which you've not updated for a fortnight, so you're hardly going all out on using technology yourself are you?).

Another reason people are probably reticent to join in is that it seems you want everyone else to do the work for you.
OK. What do you have in mind?
Not anything I'd wish to involve you in.