IDW Transformers Ongoing #1 Info Thread | UPDATE: 8 pg preview

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Starfield
Protoform

Post by Starfield »

That's a pretty awesome setup. I can see Prowl doing that. A lone Decepticon after some energy going to be executed on sight? These aren't Revenge of the Fallen Autobots we're talking about. I can also see the humans doing that, after what happened.

Still can't stand the faces.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

The IDW Autobots weren't all much different from ROTF Autobots, only that they kill less Decepticons. Look at Drift. Cliffjumper. Grimlock. The Wreckers. They massacre dozens of Decepticons everyday, and Prowl can't let one die?

Ratchet going to Breakdown's rescue I could buy. Prowl, who manipulated Kup and Springer around? No way.

Regarding the mechas... they should've mass produced the gun-thingy that Spike used in AHM. Or steal the technology from the Machination. Surely it would've made more sense for tanks and helicopters and jet fighters to come, guns blazing, than a couple of robotic armour? Imagine the cost of making those things. Lose a leg, lose an arm, and a few billion bucks just got burnt.

Yeah, if they had all these funky stuff, why didn't they sic 'em on Hot Rod?

NEST was more believable because they had Transformer help. The Machination too. The likes of RAAT and Sector 7 prove to be ineffective even with reverse-engineered robots (the Landmine knockoff, as Cliffy puts it). Skywatch mark One was really stupid, reprogramming captured transformers, but that made more sense than sending these into the field.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Blackjack wrote:Look at Drift.
I'd rather not.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Halfshell wrote:I'd rather not.
Good point.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Should have just used Carnivac.

Let's not forget, too, that Prowl is complicit in the whole Kup Rescue Mission scandal. He seems able to live with that on his conscience without a massive amount of problems, so the notion he'd get pangs of guilt over the occasional Decepticon death is truly ludicrous.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Former-bad-guy-turned-good-guys: Carnivac, Blackarachnia, Dinoking, Armada Wheeljack (sort of), Cybertron Scourge.... come on. There was no need for a fanchar.

Yeah, that's what I've been saying for the past few posts... I mean, Prowl didn't give a shit about using Kup in his schemes (albeit 'for the greater good'), and he cares for a Decepticon? If it were, say, Ratchet who went to Breakdown's rescue it'd be more believable. But no...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Maybe he recovered Sunstreaker's head and wants Breakdown as intact as they can get him for the head swap?
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
glazios

Post by glazios »

Blackjack wrote:The IDW Autobots weren't all much different from ROTF Autobots, only that they kill less Decepticons. Look at Drift. Cliffjumper. Grimlock. The Wreckers. They massacre dozens of Decepticons everyday, and Prowl can't let one die?
Halfshell wrote:Let's not forget, too, that Prowl is complicit in the whole Kup Rescue Mission scandal. He seems able to live with that on his conscience without a massive amount of problems, so the notion he'd get pangs of guilt over the occasional Decepticon death is truly ludicrous.
I'm thinking Prowl's motivations are more for the species, here, as in Transformers on the whole, Autobots and Decepticons alike. Kind of sets a bad precident if one Transformer stands by and allows another, regardless of allegiance, to be murdered in cold blood.

Granted: Transformers murdering each other is one thing. Humans getting in on the act is quite another. It's giving them carte blanche to walk all over any and every Transformer left on the planet.

Who else but the Autobots would take a stand against that? The 'Cons would use it as another excuse to make AHM look like a schoolyard brawl and waste every vaguely-sapian thing they could see. Alright, granted that Prowl's been a bit of an ass of late, but nevertheless. If anything, he's only doing what Prime would do - and let's face it: Prime would jump in and take the shot, given the option.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Blackjack wrote:Or steal the technology from the Machination.
But Skywatch were the Machination all along. Or something.

Halfshell wrote:Should have just used Carnivac.
Could Carnivac play Go as well as Drift? Entirely justified character then.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Spoilers from the last few pages of Transformers #1 released (on the same day as the actual release of the comic):

http://tformers.com/transformers-idw-sp ... /news.html
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Well, having just saved myself the cost of the comic, I have two things to say. One, m'eh. Two, a conversation heard behind the scenes:

Prowl: -carrying Ironhide's body into the shadows-

Director: "CUT!!!!!!"

Prowl: "SHEEEAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!" -topples forward, landing on Ironhide-

Ironhide: -groaning- "Owwwwww..... Jeez, Prowl. You okay?"

Prowl: -wincing in agony- "M-my..... back........."

Ironhide: "Whut 'bout yer back?"

Prowl: "I.... think it's...... broken......"

Ratchet: -comes running over, starts checking Prowl over- "Your back's not broken. You've burned out the myomer bundles and most of the servocontrolers. Bet it hurts."

Prowl: "Like..... you wouldn't..... believe......"

Director: -comes running up- "C'mon, c'mon, we've got to set up for the interiors of the base. What's wrong?"

Ironhide: "Prowl jus' killed his back. Tol'ja Ah was too heavy fer him ta carry."

Director: -muttering about thinking he should have just stuck with toothpaste commercials- "Great. Something else for OSHA to be on my ass about. All right. Get Prowl patched up. Send Bluestreak to wardrobe and get him dresssed up to look like Prowl. Ironhide, you get to makeup. They have to make you look dead, remember?"

Ironhide: "You guys couldn't'a jus' had me get knocked offlahne're somethin'? I'm goin' on vacation, Ah'd kahnda lahke a job ta come back to."

Director: "You know as well as I do, the plan is to have you come back in your Classics body. And blowing you up's been done already. Besides, this is comics. Not even Nick Fury stays dead."

Ironhide: -glad he's got the same agent as Prime- "Ya got a point. Awlrahght, Ah'll send ya somethin' from Shinjuku."

Prowl: "New.... back..... would be nice....."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

SPOILER! (select to read)
Oh, yes. He quits after 22 pages of Ongoing. How original.
It sounds as a mix between "Afterdeath" and all the crisis Furman put Optimus through. I mean, why drop Simon only to have someone alse recycle (in worse) his themes?
Hmm, should have written this in the Comic discussion section, sorry.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Heh, nice joke, Hein. Made my day...
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Transformers Ongoing #1 sells out:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ut-168797/

Second printing out Dec. 2 with new cover by Don Figueroa.
Starfield
Protoform

Post by Starfield »

praetorian wrote:Transformers Ongoing #1 sells out:
In more ways than one! (Judging by the movie-ized faces.)