Protoform

AHM #13 Preview pages

Post by Hennessy »

Preview pages are up

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

tformers
borg72

Post by borg72 »

and lo, he did drop his faceplate; and the fandom did simultaneously rejoice and weep

seriously, this whole thing looks to be one of those love it or hate it issues. personally, i'm liking the art, as it makes a refreshing change (although i dont know yet if i could take four straight issues of it). not sure on some of the dialog (or at least 'wet behind the audio receptors' was a bit jarring), and the faceplate... seemed a bit left-field (seems like the situation was engineered just so it could be crowbarred in there). but otherwise, im looking forward to some character building and backstory.
Starfield
Protoform

Post by Starfield »

Their heads look movie-ized, but otherwise, the characters look great. Story looks great, too.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The line about him being a upstart of a Prime rakes a bit, have they forgotten Optimus and Ironhide were shown working together in Blurr before he became Prime? Whilst it could be argued Prime is misremembering as long as the rest of the flashbacks don't call him Prime it's still a bit of sloopy script editing (based solely on the preview of course, perhaps it all makes sense in context). Unless it's currently IDW policy for all the writers to contradict all the other writers as hard as they can?
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Its still possible that Ironhide knew him before he moved up to prime status. But your idea on the writers is more likely.

Dont know about the art. Its not grabbing me at all. Also hate the Starscream cover (like the other two)