And the second Disney Label release: Donald Duck/Bumblebee/Herbie

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Osku wrote:I understand why it's not everybody's cup of tea, but why the hate? These crossover toys are cute and sort of funny. I would buy Darkwing Duck remold. :o
Or they go the really obscure route.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paperinik
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Cliffjumper wrote:Imagine it, the Transformers brand being used to make child's toy based on a long-standing property owned by an international corporation...
Shocking. :eek:

Are people afraid that non-initiated people (aka not-true-fans) might think buying Transformers toys is a childish hobby? :o
Nevermore wrote:Or they go the really obscure route.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paperinik
Ah, Taikaviitta (Finnish name for the character, rough translation; Magic-cape?). I've read many of his, mostly poorly written, adventures as a kid. Still, I'd prefer Darkwing Duck.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Down, Cliffy!

I just think they look preposterous... :|
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

This is brilliant. Much more unique looking than the Micky one (which I wanted but never had the funds to get). I am a bit confused why they can make him a VW bug though, and not Bumblebee anymore? Donald Duck isn't associated with war too?

Not sure why the negative reactions, its not different than the crossover toys we get here, which are in my opinion even stranger. Star Wars characters and Marvel comics characters are no less odd, yet I never see people blasting those. I guess they are more "grown up"? Personally I think Walt Disney was fantastic, and enjoy many of the older vintage Disney films and cartoons. Especially Herbie ;)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Clogs wrote:Down, Cliffy!
I'm not the one getting all worked up about a minor Japanese exclusive aimed largely at a different demographic...
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

This probably isn't as bad as the Mickey one (mainly because I'm a donald fan) but the prices are rediculous. Did the Mickey one get repainted?

But for this, I'll pass. Crossovers were mostly half-decent toys with a higher price than toys their size.
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

borg72 wrote:You won't be moaning when they do darkwing duck...
Gouki wrote:Oh, they still will.
You're probably right! ;)
Osku wrote:I would buy Darkwing Duck remold. :o
SenahBirdR wrote:This is kind of cute. If they do a Darkwing Duck version I might even consider it.
...moaing about the price if nothing else. A Darkwing Duck TFormer would rock, imho, even if it were a redeco of Donald.
Blackjack wrote:Did the Mickey one get repainted?
Mickey had a B&W version up front and a "Halloween" version upcoming.
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

wolfbolt86 wrote:It doesn't even look that bad. Hell I hope they do a repaint for Darkwing.
Man, if they're gonna do Darkwing Duck, I wanna see him with a Thunderquack alt mode instead of a VW.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

...must learn to rethink my posts...
Daltimus Prime

Post by Daltimus Prime »

If they do a PK or whoever darkwing's evil clone was (I forget, it,s been so long since I've watched that delightfully campy show), then I swear I will move to europe and start a new life as James P. Wallace. A Darkwing would be cool though. A version with a Huey headmaster, a Dewey targetmaster , and a Louie powermaster might induce mass suicide/homocide/genicide and ultimately lead to human extinction. Or something.:D
SenahBirdR
Protoform

Post by SenahBirdR »

Daltimus Prime wrote:If they do a PK or whoever darkwing's evil clone was (I forget, it,s been so long since I've watched that delightfully campy show), then I swear I will move to europe and start a new life as James P. Wallace. A Darkwing would be cool though. A version with a Huey headmaster, a Dewey targetmaster , and a Louie powermaster might induce mass suicide/homocide/genicide and ultimately lead to human extinction. Or something.:D
Hmm... Negaduck? I have not watched that show since... Damn probably since it had just stopped making new episodes.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Darkwing's a Tornado, not a duck. You people suck.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
SenahBirdR
Protoform

Post by SenahBirdR »

I still think it is kind of cute. Not something for myself but would be a cool present to a younger fan.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

wyze2099 wrote:Man, if they're gonna do Darkwing Duck, I wanna see him with a Thunderquack alt mode instead of a VW.
And then?? A repaint to StarQuack, SkyQuack, RamQuack, Acid Quack, SunQuack??? Please NO!
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Rattrap's tail wrote:And then?? A repaint to StarQuack, SkyQuack, RamQuack, Acid Quack, SunQuack??? Please NO!
Me thinks you are over reacting here. I do not think that any agreement that Disney and Tomy/Takara made would cover original characters. If anything besides Darkwing they should also do a Scrooge McDuck as either a Donald reprint/retool or as an armor truck.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

If it is an Uncle Scrooge that transforms into a armoured truck, I'll buy it.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

After looking though TFWiki, I noticed tha there doesn't seem to be a story for this series. Is this going to be something like the Alternators was here in the U.S., or is it that the story just hasn't been translated yet?
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

wolfbolt86 wrote:Me thinks you are over reacting here. I do not think that any agreement that Disney and Tomy/Takara made would cover original characters. If anything besides Darkwing they should also do a Scrooge McDuck as either a Donald reprint/retool or as an armor truck.
I know, just to point out what repainting could lead to...

I must say, however that I want to see an Uncle Scrooge (Called Dagobert here) as an Armored truck would be pretty awesome. But only if we get a Black Magic(a?) too... Or those thieves, we call them the heavy guys litterally translated, as three components combining into a van or something...
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

i kinda like this line, but i have a feeling somehow the new Kigndom Hearts video game will be using these designs somewhere in the game, somehow. If they weren't so pricey I'd prolly buy Donald....
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines