[Animated] Reaction Thread: Elite Guard -- Episode 17

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ackula

[Animated] Reaction Thread: Elite Guard -- Episode 17

Post by Ackula »

Good episode! Sentinal Prime is a bit of a jackass though thats for sure. I thought Ultra Magnus was pretty cool character over all, his lightning storm attack was pretty different. He had the whole Thor's Hammer thing going on. Jazz was pretty much just how I imagined he would be, not much of a change really from past incarnations.

I liked how the episode was still tying up loose ends, we know know Megs big master plan and how Sumdac fits into it, and at this point I think its pretty safe to assume that Sari is indeed a robotic creation of some sort. The only thing I don't get is how she is sentient since she seemed to be long before ever being in contact with the Allspark.

I liked the ninja bits between Jazz and Prowl, didn't really expect Jazz to be wielding nunchuks, but that was a very cool touch. The episode ended ona good note for Prime any ways, as we see that Ultra Magnus finally saw how much potential he has as a leader, I liked that bit.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

god damb awesome or as jazz would say solid!

i was smileing so mutch during that episode jazz was particularly spectacular as was magnus in his leader capacity.

i really liked it when optimus put sentinel in his place (its optimus prime!) and showed him up as an arogant fool.

best so far, by far!
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Another great episode. I'm loving this series so much.

Jazz made a Bludgeon reference.... he was like, "Nice Metalikato 5 stars of death move", or something like that to Prowl. I love the G1 Easter eggs so much.

Jazz as a character was great. I loved the scared look on his face when he found Sari in their ship. And the robo-ninja moves were so cool. He's like Prowl, except he doesn't make as many mistakes. I'd like to see an episode where the two of them team up. Jazz has potential to be my favorite Animated Autobot.

Ultra Magnus was just badass. The Hammer of Doom was so badass, even the Dinobots were afraid of it. I wonder what would happen if it fell into the wrong hands though... could make for a good episode.

The ending of the episode pretty much confirmed for me that Sari is some type of cybernetic organism that was created by Sumdac.

I'm looking forward to what happens with Megatron and the Decepticons. Hopefully we'll be getting some insight into what they're up to throughout the season. Glad to see Blitzwing and Lugnut back together with him. Hopefully we'll get some more episodes with the other assorted Decepticons like BA, Screamer, Lockdown and Soundwave.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Sentinel Prime is the most annoying character out of the series so far. I wish Bulkhead wasn't held back though and beat the tar out of him...

Great Episode. Sari is one of the best human characters for a reason: She's probably not even 100% Human.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Sentinel is the spoiled high school ass hole, the guy whose life peaked as a high school jock but still thinks he's better than everyone else, and constantly reminds his would-be rivals of it. They nailed that archetype perfectly.

The best thing about this episode? We see, at last, Optimus Prime starting to emerge. More confident, more sure, more dedicated. I'm glad they're taking this approach to his character, I like seeing how a leader is made.
SimonMK
Protoform

Post by SimonMK »

Sentinel Prime's personality really annoy me, wished the Dinobots beat him more. I laughed when Optimus Prime said ''Your (Something), you can stick it right up your hard-drive''. And his huge chin remind me of The Tick.

Jazz is pretty cool, got along the other Autobots and his personality to learn more, like that.

Ultra Magnus, it a nice change from his other incarnation.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

A fantastic episode. Funny and clever and highly entertaining. I wasn't sure I liked the end of season 1, the way things stopped suddenly after the appearance of Megs, but this episode quickly bounced things back. And the arrival of some new faces really helped.

As for the new characters, well Sentinal Prime was a complete prick and watching him fall off the end of an unconstructed bridge was priceless.
Jazz was also great and Sari scaring him when she realised he was afraid of her "biological contamination" was also highly entertaining. Jazz's similarity with Prowl and their use of martial arts was intriguing and may give someone Prowl can relate to and learn from in later episodes. Ultra Magnus's power was also very impressive and his hammer was truly awesome. I think a lot of kids out there will be immitating him once the toys finally appear.

Once again I'm left wondering at Hasbro's "wisdom" in not getting these toys out in time for the release of the cartoon. Jazz, Sentinal Prime and Ultra Magnus all look like excellent toys and I can't wait to have these alongside the main characters.

Overall, the introduction of new characters into the series has helped to push the series forward and develop the main characters, especially Optimus and his rivalry with Sentinal finally gave Optimus a push to start believing in himself. And the mystery of Sari is furthered nicely, increasing the likelihood that's she's not what she appears to be. Roll on next saturday!
BackTrax
Protoform

Post by BackTrax »

This was a really great episode. Though personally I'm not liking Ultra Magnus all that much. Though he's nothing compared to Sentinel Prime. Dude, that guy screams "I should be a decepticon!" Really wish the dinobots had had more of a chance to go at him. I'm liking the fragments of the all spark, though it reminds me of Inu Yasha.
Don't follow me, you'll never make it!"
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Third solid episode in a row. I'm wondering where they're going with the Dinobots, and why Optimus found the need to show them off to Sentinel and Magnus at all. Full disclosure, I suppose. Are there any images out there of the toys for Magnus, Sentinel, or Jazz?
Hennessy
Protoform

Post by Hennessy »

This was one of the best episodes so far. Hopefully the Elite guard will stay; I want to see more of Jazz and Ultra Magnus. I'm surprised that Prime didn't tell Magnus about Sari's key. That's major info to with-hold from him.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

If the Elite Guard returns to Cybertron, the one character I want to stay is Jazz. He seems to fit in more with the crew then with the guard.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Vin Ghostal wrote:Third solid episode in a row. I'm wondering where they're going with the Dinobots, and why Optimus found the need to show them off to Sentinel and Magnus at all. Full disclosure, I suppose. Are there any images out there of the toys for Magnus, Sentinel, or Jazz?
He was taking Sentinel and Magnus to the site of their fight with Megatron, and the Dinobots just happened to show up along the way. This also gives credit to the theory that their ship actually did crash into the side of Dinobot island, and not another mountain.

No pics of Magnus or Sentinel yet, but there are some pics of Jazz here:

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&a ... 00&start=0
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Liked the episode, and thinks it's one of the best.
Does anyone else see that most of the autobots have skills or weapons like in the marvel comics. Some examples are the fasball special, Captian Americas sheild, Thor's Hammer, and Rogue's ability Absorbingtouch.
Also does anyone think that the dinobots might claim owner ship of the aubot ship since it crashed on their island.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

wolfbolt86 wrote:Liked the episode, and thinks it's one of the best.
Does anyone else see that most of the autobots have skills or weapons like in the marvel comics. Some examples are the fasball special, Captian Americas sheild, Thor's Hammer, and Rogue's ability Absorbingtouch.
Also does anyone think that the dinobots might claim owner ship of the aubot ship since it crashed on their island.
As much as I doubt it, I want to see that happen now.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

wolfbolt86 wrote: Does anyone else see that most of the autobots have skills or weapons like in the marvel comics. Some examples are the fasball special, Captian Americas sheild, Thor's Hammer, and Rogue's ability Absorbingtouch.
I think they have a lot of specialized powers because they wanted the Autobots to be more like heroes, and less like soldiers, which was more the case in G1 and previous Transformers shows.

As for the Dinobots and the Autobot's ship, I don't see why it would interest them since they are very primative and don't seem to care for anything that is technological.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Sorry about not knowing how to maue quotes, but my idea for the dinobots making a cliame on the ship was that anything on their island becomes theirs, or that they want it because its shinny in respect to some birds.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

This was a really good episode.
Good to see the G1 references and Jazz and Magnus were awesome. Good pacing again.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Hennessy wrote:I'm surprised that Prime didn't tell Magnus about Sari's key.
The way I see it, Ultra Magnus didn't ask about the key, nor did he seem at all interested about anything other than the evidence of the Allspark being "dispersed". So why would Optimus say anything that would be likely taken with no interest?:D

As for this series in general, I'd say it's getting better with each episode, and this one is no different. I would say something that conveys my feelings for Sentinel Prime, but then I would have to apologize to everything else I insulted by calling him that.:swirly: Ultra Magnus is definatly the most powerful Autobot introduced so far, seeing as he discouraged the Dinobots from continuing and wrecked all those police drones with his hammer effortlessly. Jazz was almost exactly how I thought he would be. He was pretty cool with Earth after getting over the "biological contamination" deal. And the end showed an interesting turn of events. No records of Sari Sumdac ever existing is a great tie-in to the previous episode.

Now all we need is for Hasbro to get their buts in gear, and release the Transformers Animated toy line before the series ends and nobody cares about them. I'm waiting...;)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Detective Barricade wrote:Now all we need is for Hasbro to get their buts in gear, and release the Transformers Animated toy line before the series ends and nobody cares about them. I'm waiting...;)
They are getting their butts in gear.. By releasing toys only in Ohio. At least they know these toys are going to go fast too.
Wingsabre
Protoform

Post by Wingsabre »

It was a slightly depressing episode but good

Sentinal Prime is such a loser. He is like some jock who never got over high school.

I hope he meets a horrible end.

And Ultra magnus is a loser too. And his hammer annoys me.
Is that it. His big power, a hammer. No speed, no fighting skill just a big hammer? Loser.

He is a idiot for even listening to Sential Prime.

But the story was well written.

I expected Jazz to be better than that. Cooler, less gullable.

But hes fine.

As to Sari not having papers that means shes very likely to be something else.

I think she is a mecha. Or a part organic, part robotic being.

They are going a bit overboard on the darkness and depression though.
It would be better with more heroism and less depressingness.

For a very colorful cartoon its very depressing.

Megatron is very cool though. I like this Megatron.

Get rid of Lugnut and his skin crawling sucking up and it will be great.

Have more Blitzwing!
The flinch in your eyes calls your bluff
Feel free to die when youve had enough
Useless cause is breaking your back
Your life will end when you attack

Check out my art here

http://viviax.deviantart.com/